17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I thought you'd revel in the chance to jump on the pessimism, and most certainly you have your opportunity now.

Go for it, Champ, and stomp on it as I know you will. We're fucked once again and no sense letting this opportunity go unexploited. Once again you have the cards in our favor to tramp all over the SOJs and add to the misery of the Season Ticketholders.

Stomp. Tromp. Ridicule. Embarass. Mock. Fuck Over. We're No Good... Etc.

2. Section 227. Row 5

20 More Years In The Wilderness... Never Was, Never Will Be... Never Any Hope... Bottom Of The Totem Pole... Hopeless... No Can Do.... Never Happen... Ridiculous... All Is Lost... Why Even Try...

Oh Boy.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I do not know where this came from so I guess your frustrations over this season spilled out on to me & U decided to flame me for my logical posts way before the season & continue up to now posts concerning the condition of the 2012 NYJ team because you decided that the advice I was given was not what U wanted to hear. Your pain should not be transferred to another NYJ fan but if U get up the guts should be directed at the owner WJ, The GM MT & the HC RR. I posted that article PUBLISHED in a PUBLIC NEWSPAPER because FE is supposedly a icon of the NYJs & those that do not read newspapers could share that the info that was in the newspaper. BTW that article came from Yahoo Sports :sad:

#16143 championjets69, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am old enough to remember Jim and his son Mike Kensil. Jim was the devil, the worst GM in our history. My dad hated that man

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Hey now, I get there at 7:00am, not 6! :breakdance:

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

You're right, with Thursday Night Football every team is promised at least one national prime-time game. Hopefully ours will be on the road ala Miami.

And boy can I hardly contain myself thinking of another Giants run come January. Time to start drinking heavily.

7. championjets69

I go along with your dad 2,000%. Come to think of it do you know if any dolt Kensils still worked for the NYJs?:sad:

8. championjets69

This is how Woody gets around the blackout rule. this ad was posted on Facebook BTW

New York Jets
    Enter now for the chance to win tickets and a trip to the game for you and 14 friends when we host the Chargers on December 23rd - http://bit.ly/sweeps19

Presented by Academy Bus
    Enter now for the chance to win tickets and a trip to the game for you and 14 friends when we host the Chargers on December 23rd - http://bit.ly/sweeps19 Presented by @[86070219066:274:Academy Bus]

9. Section 227. Row 5

This is the sad reality. My kids, who were once Jets fans (I think my son still is, but not sure about my daughter since she married a Redskins fanatic) used to go to the games with me. Now the Jets stink up the field and "nobody has the time"... the game ;ast week would be almost laughable were it not so pathetic with the turnovers.

So yeah, nobody puts on the jets hat anymore and goes to the mall. I see a Giants hat or jacket and I'm pissed. Jealous is more the word. Eli is getting it done while El Guappo continues to look like the rank Californication amateur that he is and was when we drafted him with only 16 fucking games under his belt to prove his worth. Ridiculous. We'll be years digging out from under this worthless pile of parrot droppings.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The reality is the QB is only one of many issues. This team needs fixing at almost every position except the secondary and that's only if we resign the 2 safties. The QB is going to be on the team because of his guranteed $ so all we can hope for is upgrade to the backup. Tom Brady and Vince Lombardi could not win with this team, our talent level for the 22 starters and backups is as awful as I can ever remember. Maybe the year we had Bubby starting was worse so this team can not be fixed in one year. I don't want Rex fired because then we have to start all over with a whole new system and that's just makes it even more depressing. I don't have answers man but I know this not just an off year or a decison here or there. My biggest concern is the injury excuse with Revis and Holmes so the Jets fool themsleves in believing that with them back, we are a different team. And also the Tebow move was a distraction and put us in a situation without a real backup QB. Losing those guys hurt and the coaching has been lousy, especially the play calling and the special teams but we are a level above the Raiders in player talent. Our 3 starting LB's should have retired, never mind being backups last year. I have never seen a worse set of players at any time. They are so bad that they have brought down David Harris to where is average. I really wouldn't know where to start in fxing the roster. Its horrendous and depressing.

11. championjets69

I do not wish to rub in but I totally agree with your assessment which is why I said before this season began it would be 7/10 years before we will have a true/blue contender :sad:

12. Section 227. Row 5

Werner Wolf, whose sports opinion I respect. siad this morning on the Imus in The Morning Show that Rex Ryan Is probably "an excellent defensive coach," but that "he has not yet proven that he is a good head coach." I totally agree with that.

He also stated that "Sanchez' career is sliding backward. If he were progressing, I'd say you could live with him, but it's not. He took the Jets to two playoff appearances, but since then it's all downhill. Pete Carroll said he wasn't ready to come out and he was right, and it hurt his career."

I agree with his assessment, unfortunately, and have for some time. We are so fucked it's incredible.

13. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

My $50 ticket investment is looking like a loser theres tickets on stubhub for $28 upper deckers. I cant even give these damn things away. :rofl:

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Usually tickets for the circus are much more expensive :breakdance:

Yes these tickets are worse than herpes,,you cannot get rid of them no way no how,,,,,I was actually fortunate enough to purchase a few games and this was one of them,,,,,,earlier in the week I tried giving them away and that was not happening so now with the weather expected to be nice we will be attending this mess,,,,,at least the tailgate will be fun !:beer:

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

3377 tickets left for the cardinals.

upper ez 26
    upper sl 27
    upper pr 38
    lower ez 48
    lower gl 60
    lower sl 92

im surprised there arent MORE tickets out there but the ones that are are cheap as hell.

there are 2 tickets available in just about every section of those listed above. the only sections without 2 open seats next to eachother are in the mezz and coaches club.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

Sold mine for $50 a ticket for Sunday. Had a second leg surgery so no way was I going. Cheap tickets and temps in the high 50s too bad this isn't a big game.

What a mess this team has become. I blame it all on the owner. I don't even blame Rex a lot. He doesn't make a QB slide into his own OL's ass.

Problem is Woody wants headlines. Instead of OL and WRs we got Tebow. If you look at the team from 2009 when Sanchez was a rookie not one receiver is still on the team. How can a young QB do well when his WRs are constantly leaving. Sanchez deserves a lot of blame and he has regressed but the front office has done Sanchez no favors either.

Last thought. Rex Ryan sent Kerry Rhodes out of here basically for being a pretty boy. I think he needs to send Sanchez a message because he has become the same type of guy.

17. championjets69

I think your choice of the word pessimism, is totally the incorrect word is describing me when it comes to the NYJs. The proper word is DISSATISFIED due to the product that owners of the NYJs & Co have put on the field not only this year but each & every year since 01/12/69 :sad:

#16157 championjets69, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It's hard to justify paying PSL's and the high price of tickets ($125 where i sit x 4 tickets)when you can grab better seats on the secondary market for a fraction of the price.

I haven't read through this entire thread so i'm not sure if this has been discussed but it sure is disheartening that things have gone this route.
    Greed kills everything it touches.

I've been a season ticket holder since the 1980 season, going to games with my dad all these years.
    I'm now the father of a 3yo son and the thought of missing out on going to games with him and carrying on the tradition is really sad.
    My favorite photo of him and I happens to be taken at the new stadium tour on the day we were all able to visit our new home with the hope of coaxing us into buying more tickets.

His first actual game was the pre-season Jets VS Giants clash and his first regular season will be tomorrows Jets VS Cardinals.
    Who knows if he'll appreciate the game at the age of 3, but who knows how much longer i'm gonna be able to fork up the dough to pay for tickets.

Very sad.

19. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Just bought 3 decent tickets for $30 a pop on Stubhub.

Sure the game is gonna suck, but when you get the chance to get drunk and see Mark Sanchez battle Ryan Lindley, you take it every time :)

20. Section 227. Row 5

You should have gotten drunk at your local pub and saved the parking, gas and tolls. This would have you ahead by $150, more than enough for beers and chicken wings at your local bar.