17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. grumpynyjetsfaninME

how much is way less??

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll find lowers for under $50 within an hour of the game

3. grumpynyjetsfaninME

i guess it going to be a hit or miss if i make it. thursday morning if they have tickets cheap ill buy them, but i dont see me driving 8 hrs and hoping they have cheaper tickets.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Don't threaten either go or OTH do not go :sad:

5. grumpynyjetsfaninME

im going im just waitin untill the last second.. its going to be uppers or lowers. im leaving at 6am be there around 3 maybe.. sleep for 2 hrs, enjoy the game, drive back home. just waiting for the prices to drop.

6. championjets69

Enjoy & hope U secure top of the lines seats

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Disgusting what's happening to ticket prices.

It's almost like, after the win on Sunday, they tanked even more. The exact opposite of what you'd expect. The franchize is in shambles and everyone in the NY area knows it. And the ticket prices are reflecting what everyone realizes... that this team is in for another "rebuild," starting with the QB and the rest of the offense, and then the defense after that, and finally our STs, who seem to be falling apart right under the nose of Mike Westhoff, of all people. Nothing is sacred anymore.

8. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I donated my 6 and parking pass to a charity to benefit Sandy victims at the Jersey shore. I got an e-mail someone paid $500.00. So enjoy the game without me fellas I will be watching on the BIG SCREEN LCD where the BEER is CHEAP and no lines in the pisser!

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Great game jets. What an embarrassment. They better make the chargers game a 1pm game

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Can't see how that game won't be moved to either 1 or 4. We're 4-7, San Diego's 4-6 and Seattle is playing San Francisco that day, as well as Cincinnati-Pittsburgh, New Orleans-Dallas, Minnesota-Houston and Giants-Ravens.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

on a positive note... if there could be any at this point

i highly doubt the jets will be playing on thanksgiving night for the foreseeable future.

to have to fill time from the middle of the 2nd quarter must have been painful for nbc to lose 2 hours worth of viewers on one of their few nfl games of the year had to just kick them straight in the balls.

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Hopefully this not only ends the Thanksgiving Night madness but also the night games in general. I'm sick and tired of having three home night games a year. Once San Diego is moved to 1 or 4 it will only be two this year, but hopefully next year we're only scheduled for one. One night game a year is fun. Two is okay. Three makes me want to stab myself. I love 1pm games.

13. championjets69

U need not have to worry about us playing MNF or SNF or TNF for many years to come cause we will be a bottom feeding team for at least the next 7 to 10 years :sad:

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Don't worry. We've completely embarrassed ourselves now. Prime-Time Thanksgiving Night Football with no other game on and the entire fucking nation watching... millions of viewers... many of whom don't usually even watch NFL football, but did it anyway b/c someone in the family wanted to watch and perhaps they might become interested if there's a nice close game to watch, so they put up with it. And then, anyone who might remotely be interested in following NFL football in the future has to witness this disgusting, one-sided collapse. Not very entertaining and quite predictable at the half.

We go on and really stink up the field and not only embarrass ourselves but the entire NFL franchize for putting us in this ridiculous Prime Time spot, for which we are obviously not at all ready and which we never really deserved anyway.

So not to worry. This won't be happening anytime soon. In fact, get ready for many 1PM and 4PM games, especially on warmer Sundays in the fall, when people are still out enjoying the beach or raking leaves or washing the car and not interested in being couped up inside. And the opponents won't be divison rivals, they'll be uninteresting opponents whose chances at the P/Os will be slim anyway.

This is what we've done to ourselves. The only thing more embarrassing would be to have Rex Ryan get on the news and tell everyone once again how we're going to kick everyone's ass and how we're going to the SuperBowl.

I notice there's not too much talk of that lately, thank God.

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

So at 6 am you can load a pic onto facebook of you being the first car and it's pitch black out with a caption of "good morning Meadowlands"? lol

16. championjets69

According to Yahoo even Fireman Ed has given up :sad:

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Even the worst teams are forced to play prime time games. It will be early in the season before we tank. Geez, you sound like you never felt this way before about our team. To me, it feels like something familiar, like being home after a long road trip. I feel like a Jet fan, embarrassed to wear my Jet gear, shy away from Giant fans, don't talk football around non-Jet fans. Hate the NFL. Things are back to normal in our universe. Just think, only 5 more weeks of this crap and then the playoffs and a Giant run once again. UGHHH!!!!

18. championjets69

Yes 314 but have you ever given consideration to the fact that the NYGs are sterling FB team from top to bottom whereas OTH the NYJs are a incompetant FB from owner to GM TO HC which is why the NYGs have 4 VL trophies in the bank to our 1? :sad:

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes Champ, I realize why they win and we don't. The truth hurts. What really hurts is this is the great era to be a Giant fan. Two Super bowls in the last 4 years and a possible 3rd one. It just makes things worse for me, a giant hater.

20. championjets69

Well I am sure U are not the only NYG hater on TGG. As for it hurting I have been at it now for 52 years to date thru the NYTs & NYJs. The silliness began even before SB3 when Hess got POed that another partner (Wberlin) had signed JWN without getting Hesses approval. So naturally there was clash between the partners & I guess that Hess had more resources available then Wberlin had so Wberlin was paid off & Hess became majority stockholder of the NYJs. There were 2 other partners who eventually sold out to Hess as well & that is how he became sole owner of the NYJs. Remember the idiot Kensil? Well he was hired post SB3 & at least I know how bad a GM he was. It was only when Hess was going to face his maker that all of a sudden he brought in BP to get him another SB before the maker rang Hess up. You know Hess was not even in Miami that wonderful day in Jan 69? Wberlin & the 2 other partners were however. The incompetent way the NYJs conduct biz has not changed since Hess to WJ change just see Bradway. Now I for see a long down period like 7/10 years because of all the players we need & that includes a change at HC & GM & QB since WJ will have to show the fans he is doing something to correct the situation especially the ones that purchased PSLs. If the NYGs again wind up on the top of the heap then the pressures on WJ will be huge since he is competing against the NYGs in the NY Metro area & he already looks like the dunce cause of the 2 different tracks him & the NYG ownership are on. :sad:

#16140 championjets69, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012