17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

He's a clown. He'll be much better off being back as a Defensive Coordinator somewhere in 2013 or 2014, depending.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I hear you and I know it's going to be hard to defend Rayn right now, but I will attempt to.

We have no way of knowing how much control Woody Johnson has over our HC. For all we know, Woody layed the law down with Rex the day he hired him, telling him Mike Tannenbaum calls all the shots on personel, period.

So Ryan has no choice but to act like he's totally on board with Sanchez, for example. But if you look at some of his facial expressions when El Guappo f**ks up, he's like "WTF is with this QB?"

Same with all the other personnel moves. I don't think he's a bad HC, although I've always said he should shove another donut in his mouth whenever he feels the need to talk playoffs or make predictions on the outcomes of games. But from a purely coaching standpoint, he's a hard worker and always has the team's support and doesn't put up with negative losers in the locker room.

He has to play the hand that's given him. He's got Sanchez and Tebow and a handful of other offensive players that are marginal at best at their positions. I do agree tht some of the playcalling is ridiculous and I don't understand why he doesn't tell Sporano to make better use of Tebow at times, but basically, he's got a team that was given to him with not chance to "shop for the groceries" as was Parcells' famous gripe.

I think the fish stinks from the head down and it all starts with our owner.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

To Johnson the Jets are a play thing and a business first and foremost. His goal is grow the equity in the team for an eventual exit. Winning is secondary

4. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah but he's a smart enough businessman to realize that a winning team is a more valuable franchize than a losing one. I'll bet the giants franchize right now is worth 50% more than the Jets franchize is.

So that's the part I don't get. I think the explanation lies in the fact that he's not a football man... never has been... never will be. But he thinks he's smart enough to make football decisions and he's not. So he continues sticking his two cents into the football decisions and is fucking up everything royally.

Now, the way he treated the long-time STHers is a whole other story. I'll never forgive the bastard for the entire greedy way he went about the New Mausoleum Stadium thing. He's was going to be smart again and fuck the old timers around while attracting new blood. So you put the old timers with seniority on the back burner and fuck them around while moving in new people. But it backfired on him big time when the seniority old-time STHers told him to go fuck off and he's been backpeddling ever wince, trying one promotional stunt after another to keep ases in his fucking precious seats.

The one thin the NFL in general needs ot realize is this is a whole new generation of fotball fans today. They'll pay a reasonable price to park their ass in the stadium but if you fuck them bad enough, they always have the option now of staying home and being comfortable and actually seeing the game MUCH BETTER and more informed sitting in front of their 60" flatscreens.

So the whole NFL better wake up and realize there's a limit to what you can get away with. And it goes team by team. The Giants can get away with pushing their fans around more than a team like teh Jets can, and this is what Woody never got.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

227, you are wrong. He went all nuts when his pick John Conner made a couple of blocks and now he's gone after 2 years. Coples, another Rex pick, her personally scouted him, looks to me like nothing special. So far Mo Wilkerson has been ok and K. Ellis a bust. Those picks have Rex written all over it. Since Rex has been our coach, we have not drafted well, that's fact. Before Rex, overall, Tannenbaum did real well. I think its time Rex keeps his nose out of the scout and draft room and maybe looks a little harder at his crappy coaching staff. Woody gets the blame for the Stadium and Tebow.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I'm often wrong, but I try not to let that stop me from making a complete ass of myself repeatedly.

What's your problem with the Coples pick? And Wilkerson is doing as well as expected. I don't think it was Rex who shuffled the WR deck incessantly, it was Tannenbaum, who seems to have a penchant for bringing in everybody else's dirty laundry. It was Tannenbaum who brought in everybody from Ty Law to Plax to Brett Fucking Favre to the now current Tebow Show. Okay, we brought in a couple of decent DBs but also let Danny Woodhead walk to the Patriots. If we had drafted well and cultivated our own (like the Pats do mostly) we wouldn't have to resort to this bull.

Hey, I'm not saying Rex is blameless. But he's not the worst HC we've ever had either. Make a list and you can see that we've done far worse, from Bruce Coslet to Joe Walton to Herm Edwards and there are many more.

I guess I am saying that we have many problems preventing us from winning and I put the blame in this order now:

1) Woody Johnson
    2) Mike Tannenbaum
    3) Mark Sanchez
    4) Rex Ryan

I would have rated Tanny lower a few years ago but the turnstyle spinning wheel of cast-offs that we bring in makes my head spin. Rex can't play on the field, he can only coach as best he can and then it's all up to the players.

7. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I just donated my 6 tickets and parking for the upcoming New England game to a charitable organization thats going to raffle them off with all proceeds going towards the Jersey Shore Aid.

8. Section 227. Row 5

The tickets are tanking so bad it'll pull $147 for the Jersey Shore.

All kidding aside, I have a house on LBI and we were very lucky. But I was down yesterday and saw parts of Beach Haven that were blasted. A lot of flooding took place along the Blvd too, but the worst is in Holgate where the gas lines are blasting raw gas into the atmosphere. They cut the power off and are pulling gas meters off of houses. All gas is now shut off and they are talking 6 months until restoration.

9. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

$147 is better than nothing. Wouldnt you agree?

My friend owns 3 houses in Ship Bottom beach block and he said 2 feet of sand in the ground floor homes along with water damage.

10. Section 227. Row 5

If your dune held, you are okay along the oceanfront. If it didn't, you are fucked because the ocean went thru the ground floor and out the back.

That's the situation if you are on the oceanside of the Blvd. Bayside of the Blvd, the biggest enemy was the flooding coming out of the bay. I saw houses with 4' and 5' water marks... enough to cover the countertops. Pretty bad stuff.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Romney lost and the Jets aren't going to a Super Bowl. Woody is cursed.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't want Rex replaced, he's still better then most jet coaches, just think he's got to much say in the draft. I want the QB replaced, not the coach or GM

13. Section 227. Row 5

There was a time when Rex would speak his mind and call a spade a spade. But he's publicly sticking with Sanchez and backing him up for now, all while privately (I think) wondering how long he can do this. If he continues backing this guy all the way to 6-10 he could find himself being thrown out in the trash with Sanchez.

But he's in a really tough spot right now. Sanchez is all we have. There's no choice but to back him publicly and claim "he's still our guy" and nothing will be served by berating his only true passing QB at this time. So we'll see how the tune changes the day after the season ends. That's when you're going to find out how supportive of Sanchez he really is, and I think not very much at all. He's going to be standing on Tannenbaum's desk stomping his feet and telling him to go get us a QB for 2013.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No sorry RR is one of the problems for sure not the solution. He is a great DC but a terrible HC. You said it correctly when you said RR should stay away from the draft room because his evaluation skills are quite poor no matter if it is players or coaches :sad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. I also think if we had a real backup QB, Drew Stanton, I believe Sanchez would have been benched sometime in the 2nd qtr. against the Dolphins but Rex knows Tebow blows and once he does it, there is no turning back. I think Sanchez will tank this weekend and Rex will have no choice to replace Sanchez Sunday or start him next weekend against the Rams. I don't think he would do that at home because Rex babies him. I want Tebow to start and play so there is no question he's not the answer either. If does not get a chance to really play, the Jets might give him a chance to compete for the starting job next year. I want Tebow gone from this team and a real QB brought in to compete with Sanchez. Either way, we are stuck with Sanchez for at least one more year.

16. Section 227. Row 5

That's a really interesting point. It may come to benching Sanchez to find out what we really have with Tebow. No one can possibly know because he hasn't been on the field for more than 2 plays.

What if Tebow goes in and lights it up? And what if he can do that for several games in a row? All of a sudden, everything changes. I don't want Tebow gone until I can find out where is is now. He's got to be a better QB than what he was last year, assuming they have worked with him on accuracy and timing, etc. But they never let him on the field except for the trick bullshit, so no one knows, not even Rex or Sparano.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What if Tebow goes in and lights it up? And what if he can do that for several games in a row? All of a sudden, everything changes. I don't want Tebow gone until I can find out where is is now. He's got to be a better QB than what he was last year, assuming they have worked with him on accuracy and timing, etc. But they never let him on the field except for the trick bullshit, so no one knows, not even Rex or Sparano.

The worst thing that could happen is Tebow does not get a shot to start and show if he has improved his passing game. I never considered him playing good, but if he does it would give us options. In typical Jet fashion, we hover around .500 and are part of the last wild card and we can't give Tebow a few games to prove himself. And then we keep both QB's and Mcelroy and its business as usual next year. I allready know the execuses, we surrounded the QB with very little talent at the skilled postions and with a running game you could win with him like we did in year one and two. I was a Sanchez apoligist until this year and there is no turning back for me. I can't stand him, and as you guys know, there is nothing worse being an NFL fan when you don't like your QB or coach. If we lose Sunday then the Jets are officially dead and that would free Rex to make the switch. I am torn, I want to see changes at QB, but if we somehow won Sunday then the Rams game would give us a chance to come home to play the Pats and put us back in the playoff picture.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its painful 314 and its been painful for most of the last 10 years between herm and sanchez.

i can so see it happening too with the well there werent any weapons bs.

if we go into next season with sanchez as our starter i am going to have serious trouble motivating myself to watch him flounder for yet another year.

no matter what happens i think its pretty obvious to all that tebow is not the long term answer at qb. as much as i want the guy to succeed and think he will at some point i can also see what he is and its not what you need for long term longevity and success in the nfl.

ps... there are over 11k tickets left for the patriots game, starting at 53 bucks in the upper deck.

#16038 alleycat9, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat and company,,,,,,I cannot believe how painful this year has been ! I mean with the way last year ended you would think this team / organization would have come out and filled holes in free agency and then tried to hit one outta the park with a solid draft,,,,and then once the season started, been hiiting on all cylinders ,,,truth is this team is not that good and the coaches can all be questioned from Rex to Sporano on down,,,,,just when you think it cant get any worse IT DOES!
    I am so thankful I did not buy a PSL or many games this year,,,,they are sooooooo painful to watch!

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It is very hard to watch. Lack of talent, crappy game day coaching decisions and over all lack of spirit. There is no on field leadership on this team. Bart Scott was our guy on defense but you can't lead if you can't play anymore. Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas make me want to throw up watching them try to cover/chase a RB or TE. These 3 guys are a fine example of what's wrong with the Jets. I never heard of a team having 75% of a position over the hill. One guy, yeah you try to get by for one year, but 3/4 of the position when you play a 3-4. OMG