17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets PSL Crap

For Comparison, Giants vs Jets cost, Basically over the 1st 10 years of new stadium per seat, and saying ticket prices stay the same, which they won't:

PSL, 1K, Giants, Upper EZ, $9500.00
    NO PSL, Jets, Upper EZ, $9500.00

PSL, 1K, Giants, Upper Sideline, Non-Prime, $10,500.00, including 313, 314, 338, 339****
    NO PSL, Jets, Upper Sideline, Non-Prime, $10,500.00

PSL, 5K, Giants, Prime, UD, 1st 4 rows, $15,500.00
    NO PSL, Jets, Prime, UD, 1st 4 Rows, plus 313,314,338,339, $12,500.00**

So basically, Jets Upper Prime, 1st 4 rows is a deal, but if you could get a low row(not 1st 4 rows) in 313, 314, 338, and 339 for the Giants, that would be a better deal****

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The difference between the Uppers and the PSL seats is, Upper people can walk and the PSL people can't. Woody won't have the hammer he has with the Upper people. I'm sure nobody in their right mind would walk from lower row Uppers, but don't think for a minute that there won't be turnover in the higher rows of the Uppers.

Higher Row Uppers will be paying the same as Lower Row Uppers and couple that with the fact that a lot of the those less-desirable Higher Row Uppers will be inhabited by people like myself who had EXCELLENT seats prior to this fiasco. You see it all the time in this thread.... guys complaining about going from the 50 in the Lowers to Row 856 in the Uppers.

So, no, it's not the same as the PSL people. He'll have more leverage to hammer the PSL people BECAUSE HE CAN, period. He'll have them by the balls and will ream accordingly. Conversely, pissed off transplants from excellent Lower and Mezz seats (like me) who are doing this High Row Upper bullshit for a year or two on a trial basis only will scream bloody fucking murder if he tries to impose huge hikes like he's done in the past, and they'll be the first to fucking walk (shitty parking, no tailgating, horrible sightlines, lugging portable Hubble Space Telescopes along, etc.).

So okay, I'm sure you are partially right about price hikes in the Uppers, but believe me, YOU have never been through the price hikes that us Mezz people have been through, so I know the man is very capable of doing this if he has you by the short hairs. There will be price hikes in the UIppers, sure, but it ain't nothing compared to the punishment that will be doled out to the PSL people who have absolutely NO CHOICE of getting out. They're indentured servants, for Christ's sake.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, I'm going to be the first to say this, but here goes, 17a. And I hope you take this the right way, because I feel for your situation and want what's best for you.

Get over this fucking "guilt" and get over it now. Call up your Rep this afternoon... do not even wait for tomorrow, tell him how sorry you are for all the inconvenience. Cry on his fucking shoulder and throw yourself at the mercy of the court... tell him you're sorry and you've been very upset over all this and you got over your head and you still want the seats they offered you in the Uppers. Ask them if they can work you into the front row of the Uppers, in fact... in other words, kiss his ass like you've never kissed ass before.

Are you fucking losing it? "Guilt" my ass. Take the PSL-free Upper lower row seats (and I KNOW they're there for "emergencies" just like this).. you know they had to set aside Primo seats... they started out from Day One telling just about everybody the front rows were gone... what a freaking crock that was. That's because they're holding back in case Woody's fucking gardiner calls back and changes his mind and wants 4 in the front row now. The airlines do it all the time.

Seriously man, you're upset and this whole process has you losing it, but DO NOT pass up the opportunity to wiggle back into good seats in the Uppers. You had them by the short hairs when they didn't send you a contract (and they knew it), so now they wanted to make it up to you. Screw them. And the best way to screw them is to kiss your Reps ass sufficiently to get yourself back in the door. He's got the seats, I'll bet my life on it... you just need to get back on the phone and ask him to help you and "make it right."

DO IT NOW.... DO IT THIS AFTERNOON. Screw guilt. Guilt has nothing to do with it. If I was in your shoes I'd be sitting in that front row so fast it would make your head spin.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They Giiant fan paid a $1000 PSL. Sorry, I have no problem paying the extra $30 without a PSL. If it sucks so much, why did you do it?

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's right, my price increases over the years has been nothing like you guys ,another plus to sitting in the uppers. I would say 70% of the reason I did not get mezz End zone seats, which have reasonable ticket prices, is that once you sign on the dotted line they gotcha and with the UD, I can say FU whenever I want. I think this was discussed like 6 months ago.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I think we agree. There will be price hikes in the Uppers, no question, but it won't be anything compared to what the PSL people will get hit with. The PSL people will have already given out a sizeable down payment (with no return policy), plus will have already started making their annual payments toward the reat of the PSL. They lose everything if they walk, and Woody knows it, so up[ do the prices and it really doesn't matter how much. in fact, he'll probably hope they walk because some other asshole on the new wait list will be right there to take his place.

7. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Well, after fighting to get my seniority restored, I just put the deposit on 2 seats in 340 row 22. I'm going from sec 132 row 22 in the lower tier upstairs to 340 row 22, similar perspective, same price, just a lot farther away from the action.

Oh well. Se la vie. for 2009, we have 12 seats in my family. For 2010, we have 2. Just me and my dad. We're leaving our other 10 seats so other real fans can get them! Good luck everyone!

In case anybody is wondering, right now they're doing 1983 seniority. I was only able to get 1983, even though my grandfathers' company owned the seats since the Jets became the Jets. I could only provide documentation back to 1983, when my grandfather began to keep records and put the tickets under his name.

#1587 Big Poppa Naich, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

it would still be 2 seats only.i have 2 sons who will be 8 & 4 when it opens.
    fuck it i dont care i will spend some money to scalp tickets and i have talked about finishing the baesment. besides my tailgate is going to be dismantle.

the meadowlands will burn jan 3rd i can promise you that.

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

They fucked up the receipt for our tickets too. They sent us a blank one. My dad called them repeatedly all day until they sent us a fixed one.

10. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I'm with 227 on this one, get the seats man, get the seats !! In the coming years you can alternate which kid to take to the game with you. Those kids will brag to their friends how they get to go to Jets games all the time, when most of their friends only go on very rare occassions.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This was the deciding factor in my case and this forum opened my eyes to the possibilities.

My job situation sucks right now, and if I committed to the Mezz EZ PSL seats that I wanted, there's no assurance that after the PSL fees I could afford the tickets in two years - after we make the playoffs in Rex's first season and Woody hikes the ticket prices since he thinks the next step is a SB year. I'd be rolling the dice that the economy would drastically improve by 2011.

To get the PSL seats and then be unable to afford them once the increases come in year 2 or 3 of the stadium, thus jeopardizing the initial PSL investment would be an out and out DISASTER that I just couldn't risk, or even care to sweat-out. Not many can, but the uninformed will have to.

If you have the money to plunk down w/o financing, congrats. Wish I could, but I couldn't.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, many people are wondering... thanks Poppa. Section 340? Man, thats just off the 40 or so... good job and great seats. There's hope yet... I'm 1985 and supposed to come up a week from today.

Will keep everyone posted as to what was available after I try to secure my 4 seats together.

13. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Thanks man. I'm going to miss having our big tailgate parties with my relatives every other week... but the world changes, and sometimes you just have to roll with it. You should have a good chance at getting UD seats with 1985 seniority. The further away from the middle you go, closer the rows they had left. For example, they had row 13 in section 337 available.

14. coorslightcans

if they are only on 1983 seniority the jetstantic for me and my brother in law has just taken on alot more water. dammit

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with the Box Office. They told me they're on 1984 seniority and won't be at 2004 until August 17th.

Bullshit!!!

16. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Because I had no choice? Because i'm a sucker? Because I bleed green?

#1596 backtoshea, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  17. terps56

terps56 New Member

17a, I understand your frustration. But a couple things dont make sense to me. 1. Did you really think seats prices would not increase over the years? And have you seen/heard any evidence or news of a crazy future ticket price increases that you did not know of a few weeks ago? 2. isn't it possible that your rep just screwed up the paprework? everyone else got there electronic signature email and ultimately you did too. I'm not in your shoes, but I dont think i would give up my seats because the ticket office is disfunctional. I just dont see the bombshell here (other than your dropping the tix which is very surprising). It seems to more that there is more going on here.

As for your seniority, perhaps the guy you got the tickets from in 2001 had 1977 seniority and Jets inadvertantly transferred it over to you. I believe at some point the jets were allowing transferability of seniority as well. i know someone who got tix in early 90's from his uncle and also got his uncle's 77 seniority. maybe because they were related. I dont know. But I do know I would not feel guilty if I was you.

18. JetsNation06

It doesn't matter if they were related. You can't transfer from an uncle and get his seniority. The Jets go strictly by the nuclear family model. I just had it explained to me by a Jets box office manager a few hours ago. It can only be transferred to/from a parent, grandparent or sibling. No uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.

My dad and uncle have had these seats since 1966. In my uncle's name and I wanted the 1966 seniority transferred to me. Not possible according to the Jets office.

19. terps56

terps56 New Member

i understand the nuclear family thing and the rules as they exist in 2009 My point is the rules might have been different when transfers occured during those years. Or, it might have been an inadvertant mistake by the jets.

20. JetsNation06

Possibly in the 90's it was different however I can't see why as it was still in Giants Stadium. It's not like they were moving into a new stadium and had tons of wait listers, etc. I transferred from my uncle in 2004 and I tried to use '66 seniority and even 5 years ago they didn't allow it.