17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

Last year my dad had issues with his foot so he missed the first four games of the season and I finally got it set up for him to get a golf cart in and he rode the elevator up to our seats and then back down after the game and another golf cart.

Then Labor Day Weekend I messed my leg up really bad and recently had surgery so again it's been golf cart to the stadium, this time I need a wheelchair to wheel me to my seats since I can't put much weight on my leg and I'm lucky I'm in the first row I get wheeled to my seat and the same thing. I've become very spoiled with this elevator and golf cart deal that once I'm healed will be going away.

Only reason I suggested it was because if you put a three jumbo ones in the four corners of the stadium to go with escalators and stairs it would help.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

As STHer I am sure U have or will get the survey so U can give them that feedback :sad:

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The reason we will never get escalators and especially more elevators is because the Giants totally sold out all their seats. Every swinging seat is spoken for... to the tune of PSLs. Even the uppers. Therefore the Giants are never going to approve expensive, major-undertaking improvements because they don't have to.

So the Jets sending out a questionairre to STHers for suggestions on improvements is laughable. Yeah, they can move the Cheesesteak Wheelcart from one section to another if that'll make you happy. But major stuff like expensive additions and alterations? Fuggettaboutit.

4. championjets69

Yes I think you hit the nail square on the head concerning the survey. Actually now that you posted that I think any major improvements will be killed by the NYGs since they are full up to gills so as you so correctly pointed out they can just laugh all the way to the bank for the next 20/30 years or so & do exactly nothing about the stadium:sad:

5. Section 227. Row 5

They'll reject anything the Jets come up with that costs money. Of course, they'll say, "Well, if you want it so bad, why don't YOU pick up the bill?" And of course, Woody isn't about to do that.

So to send out a questionairre is ludicrous and makes one wonder why. Well, I know why. They're sending this out thinking all their numbskull fans will assume that some suggestions like the ones mentioned might possibly be granted, so then why not re-up again for next year?

"Hey honey, I'm gonna send in the money again because the Jets are sending out questionairres for suggestions and maybe things will get a little better at the stadium." freaking ridiculous. Yeah, like that's really going to happen... freaking ridiculous. The Jets really have their heads up their asses.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im actually willing to bet the giants would be the ones looking to do upgrades instead of the jets..... i could see woody saying ahh well i dont know i dont even have the place sold out.

where the giants ownership knows their fans are there and will be there and will be more likely to make things better because they actually have a little tiny bit of respect for their fanbase. the problem is that the giants fanbase is full of dumb wops that dont know how to read and write.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahhaaaaaaa...

Well, I was agreeing with you up until I read about the supposedly dumb immigrants from Italy With-Out-Papers! And I'm not even Italian! Hungarian-Scottish (I know... weird combination).

Seriously though, yeah, I can see your point. Having sold out the place, the Giants are in a position to do whatever they want. But I still think they will not go along with whatever the Jets want just for the sake of doing that. The two teams have a history of not particularly doing what the other wants, and usually, historically, the Jets are always on the losing end of whatever takes place.

So back to the questionairre, which seems almost meaningless. It's almost like they're sending it out as some sort of marketing tactic. "Send this shit out, Bill, and make them think it means something, even though we all know whatever they put down on their Wish List doesn't amount to squat. At least we get them to think we give a shit and maybe they sign up again for next year."

8. alleycat9

hehe i threw that one in there to see if anyone was paying attention!

i see your point. it has always been a battle since the jets came to the meadowlands. and when you really do look at it yeah its pretty much marketing and bs.

although they did at least make a feeble attempt at making some changes from the last one they did.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Mods are always paying attention. C Ya!

10. championjets69

Maybe the NYJs will say to the UDers U want escalators ante up & you can have them. U want this or that ante up. 27,000 seats @ 2Gs per seat would net Woody 5.4M & I will not say WJ will not go for that :sad:

11. no psls

no psls Banned

If Woody asks for PSLs in the uppers , he will clear the place out .

12. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Why not charge PSLs for the upper deck prime seats.

13. championjets69

Most likely which is why he did not PSL the UD in the 1st place. JMHO :sad:

14. championjets69

I doubt anybody on this board knows that answer. You can contact Woody himself & just maybe he will give U the honest answer to your question :smile:

15. Section 227. Row 5

For the same reason that no psls stated to you in his post just before yours that... "he will clear the place out."

$125 per seat in the UD Prime is really pushing it. Put a PSL on top of that and Fuck You, we're gone.

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I would have snatched up a Prime UD PSL 1st row between the 50-30 quicker than a whore w/a cock fetish...

That is of course if the PSL was about $1k and the tix $100 & less.

I like elevated seating best but only in Closer rows...

17. Section 227. Row 5

I totally agree. I would have had no problem with paying a PSL in the first 4 rows. But what amazes me is what the Giants were able to do... $1,000 per PSL for every seat, even Row 23! Unbelievable!

If the Jets tried that the UD would be quieter than a morgue. I know a guy who has 4 Giants seats in the UD last Row. I'm not kidding. And he loves his seats and never complains... goes to every Giants home game. I'd blow my brains out up there.

18. championjets69

Doubtful U would pay 5Gs per seat for the PSL that the NYGs charged for the front 4 rows of the UD. I know if that was what Woody wanted as a PSL for those seats I would have said adios to WJ just the same as I would if WJ charged a 1G PSL for them. It is against my principle to pay anything beyond the price of the tix to see something live & in person. :sad:

19. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

They were able to do that because fans had to pay their money upfront...seat unseen...no visit to the stadium. I'm sure many would have backed out if they got the chance to visit their seats first and see how high and far they were. Of course, now having won a couple Superbowls, everyone is happy with their seats. Winning cures everything, even a fans perspective of their seats.

Also, the Giants are not completely sold out of PSL's. There are still seats available. Obviously no where near as many as what the Jets have, but hey, we got Tebow :smile:

20. alleycat9

they wouldnt happen to be of italian american descent would they? ;)

yeah i think he sight unseen situation the giants put their fans in probably made a big difference when it came to filling the upper deck, that and they have a real true hardcore fanbase that is twice the size of the jets, oh yeah they win every now and again too.