17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I know I'm done in 2010. I've been in Sec 225 since 1997, and the uppers will be gone. No way am I giving the Jets anymore money than I already have. NO PSL for me. I'll either go on Ebay or Stubhub and see the 2-3 games a year that I really want to see.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Same goes for the Upper deck seats. You think Woody is not gonna make up the $1000 PSL he did not charge us knowing they will have people knocking down the door to take over an UD seat. My $105 will be $150 by 2012 and away we go

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Not quite a direct answer to your question, but I do know someone on the Jets wait list and they moved up over 1700 spaces on that list this month (after the 2009 seat renewals were due).

That means that 1700+ accounts, probably 4000-5000 seats, were not renewed for this upcoming last season at Giants Stadium.

In fact, if you call the Jets and have shitty seats, they are offering excellent upgrades to much better sections.

Add to that the attrition rate that will happen when season ticket holders are faced with a PSL or go home decision in the next few months, and it appears the Jets, like their fellow tenants, will head deep into their wait lists to sell out their PSL inventory.

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Good question. I was trying to figure this out yesterday but as you said a diehard group like this board is probably not an accurate assessment.

I used to have Rutgers seasons as well. It's now become a huge issue because of the 12K seat expansion and the raised ticket prices. The last thing RU wants is to play in front of a 3/4 filled newly renovated stadium which could very well happen.

2006 Jets seniority is later than me so I'm not sure what kind of PSL options that leaves you. Probably not that good as I'm in the same boat and am expecting shitty options when my name is called. I'm sure someone on this board can give you an idea of what PSL's will be left by the time 2006 gets called.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

good morning fellow jets fans as of right now i have not been reimburst but i will not make you wait any longer.

as you know i had put a deposit of $1200 down for 3 PSl seats in the mezz on may 6th.that was the 3rd day of the process for phase II and i was called fairly early in the morning.my Jets Rep had told me he "set aside a group of different tickets for me and what my preference was.i was able to "SCORE" TICKETS ON THE AISLE ROW 3 IN SECTION 202A. $120 A TICKET X 10 GAMES X3 SEATS =$3200 THANK YOU WOODY. OH AND $4000 PSL PER SEAT AT $390 A YEAR X15 YEARS = $5850 PER SEAT FOR A PSL.

Upon leaving my deposit i never recieved a confirmation or a reciept.i called and complained about me leaving money but yet i have no OFFICIAL contract.i was then sent a half ass email from my rep saying thank you for buying seats in section 202a row 3 seats 21-19.but reading these threads i see other posters have signed electronically and already read their contract. but why was i being told they where dotting the i's and crossing the t's.you know why they are full of SHIT.finally friday still not having recieved a contract and seriously thinking about what has happen to champ and his son and the GUILT I HAVE BEEN FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH.i requested my money back. i was asked about buyers remorse and what can they do to help.asked him again about my contract and tix increase. yes increases will happen just like they ahve happened every year. blah blah blah i tell him im done and to send me my refund.within minutes i have an electronic signature request and a psl contract.i still request my money back and he asks if i want to see what he can do for me in the uppers. i decline

my dad had season tix back beofre was born (1976) in shea with his 2 buddies from work.my first game was 1983 against the steelers in shea.tailgated for hours before and after. he and his buddies would be cooking and drinking for hours while i would be just loving being witht he older GUYS and playing catch with woever would throw me the damn ball.i remember how much i loved just spending time with the old man going to jets playoff games vs the pats and the chiefs. and being the only kid who actually liked the Jets in my neighborhood.always doing the jets chant. hanging out tailgating at Klecko's Korner in 4C with joe klecko's cousin Huey.One of the Original starters of the J-E-T-S chant not this fireman asshole.

well come 95 my old man got cancer and couldnt go anymore to games so i was always going with friends b/c of the jets record nobody would go.my old man passed away in 96 and his buddies would go with me to a couple of games in the 96 and 97. in 98 i went to the opener with a friend in his seats and then the 2nd game with my dads friends. then one of my old man friends got sicka nd couldnt go and the other finally gets married at like 45 years old.when i wanted more tix the friend stells me he and his brother in law are gnna be going.now this asshole hasnt been going for years. then he tells me they are in his name and he just let my father and the other guy buy them from him. TOTAL SCUMBAG.

i dont go to another game in 98 or the entire 99 season.but i put myself on te waitlist.2000 i scalp the whole year.in the offseason i receive a call from my drug councellor about his friend who is just going to let his tickets go and if i would be interested in getting seats in my name.of course i jump at the offer and have his 2 seats transferred to me in 2001. thats right i got my current seats in my name in 2001.

now when this whole process started to take shape before they decided on PSL's or the ground was even broken for the stadium i would call the jets ticket office and complain about how i finally got season tickets again and now i am gonna have to pay a psl.well like i always say a sqeeky door gets the oil.i was told not to worry b/c with my seniority i would have great chance to get good seats.i said my seniority? yes you have the highest seniority and will geat great seats. did the jets just put me in the 1977 pile b/c of me constantly complaining, maybe? did the jets office make a mistake and think the transfer of season tix in 2001 was from a family member, possibly? but i was happy as shit to get that seniority.

i continue to check with the front office about the seniority of 77 and asked for it in writing ,which they sent me.am i the only one who was givin this early seniority who didnt deserve it, i doubt it.hell i got a stdium tour once i mentioned i was slightly interested in club seats and i would buy without one. SQUEEKY DOOR ALWAYS GETS THE OIL.

I am sorry that i had jump in front of all of you on the seniority line.in hand i was excited to share what i shared with my old man with my boys.but on the other i was always pushing out someone else just like me who wanted to share something special with someone close to them. and this is why i didnt even listen to an offer to Upper decks on friday b/c that would still be taking away from someone else with mor seniority than me.
    im sorry once again but i gave up on this whole fiasco and can really give two shits about Woody and his fuckin schemes.if anyone wants to investigate further into this process i will gladly help and give my account # to prove it.

once again im sorry and we are all getting scammed.

6. JetsNation06

That blows. My question is how the hell did they put you into '77 seniority when they weren't in your name until 2001? Very shady indeed. All props to you as it worked out in your favor.

However for a guy like me who has had these tix in the family, my dad and now me since 1966, this really fuckin enrages me!!!

It's almost like the Jets organization doesn't have a seat selection process in place and if someone is relentless enough they'll fold and give you a better seniority date.

That's some bullshit!

7. 17a_tailgater

i never asked for the 77 seniority they just said dont worry thats your seniority.dont ask dont tell i assume.but yes i got MY seats in 2001.

8. JetsNation06

I hear ya. Good for you man. It's a shame for you, me and many more that this'll be our last year.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder how fucked up it is behind the scenes, god what could be so complicated, now we can see why this originization can't win, simple things are not executed. 17a, the main reason you cancelled is the price increases that will come?

10. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I'm in the upper deck and currently paying $80. In 2010, I will be paying $125. That's a 56% increase in ONE YEAR. Please don't tell me the upper deck was "spared" as a $45 increase per ticket offsets any psl price.

BTW-- in the "new meadowlands" the Giants fan will pay $105 for the exact same seat I have to pay $125 for. The Giants have won super bowls, the Jets are cursed. Why do I have to pay more than a Giants fan for the same seat??

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

You don't.

In the interest of full disclosure, while it is true about the difference in ticket prices you noted, you left out the rather important fact that you will pay NO PSL for your seat and a Giants fan will pay $5000 to sit in your exact seat.

12. 17a_tailgater

main reason, they fucked alot of people putting my seniority at 77 , i couldnt get a contract out of them for what reason i have no idea,now im gonna be locked in for 15 years??? couldnt take it or trust them to do the right things by us fans.its alot of money and i must be out of my mind haviong 4 kids WASTING $4800 a year before the jets decide to raise tix prices.

my reason to not take uppers now was b/c i would be screwing another season tix holder.im just done exhausted from this process

13. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Actually a $1000 psl for Giants fans.

I'd rather pay the $1000 psl, then pay $45 increase per seat X 2 seats = $900 increase in the first year.

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I don't know where your seats are, but if they are seats where you will be paying $125 for a game day ticket and that a Giants fan will be paying $105 for a game day ticket, then that same Giants fan is also paying a $5000 PSL, not a $1000 PSL.

15. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets PSL Crap

That is correct. For the Giants, the first 4 rows, Sideline in the UD are called Loge, and carry a $5000.00 Per Seat PSL, and $105.00 Per game, VS NO PSL and $125.00 per game for the Jets. Jets are a better deal in that scenario.

The Giants also DO NOT have that Upper Prime Strip to the top in 313, 314, 338 and 339. The Giants PSL is $1000.00 Per Seat for both Upper Sideline (called Terrace 1, $95.00 Per seat per game), and Upper End Zone (called Terrace 2, $85.00 per seat per game).

16. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets PSL crap

Basically Woody tried to Make himself out to be a hero buy NOT charging PSL's in the Upper Deck, but either way both the Giants and Jets will get their cash. And I agree that my $80.00 seat NOW going to $105.00 Next year really sucks, but if I do not like the new product in 2010 I can always bail without any major losses.

17. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Oh. I was referring to rows 5-26 in sections 313,314, 338 & 339. As a Jets fan, I pay $125 per seat. As a Giants fan, i pay $1000 psl and from what I read here, ONLY $95 per seat per game.

I'd rather pay the $1000 psl. Besides, the Giants win super bowls and charge $95, the Jets break hearts and charge $125 for the exact same seat.

18. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

WOW man! That's some fukking story!! I think you did the right thing though. Not sure if it was guilt that drove you to drop the tix, or the financial aspect. But I'm right with you in regards to my experiences at Shea in the early 80's. I remember a fight between Jackie Slater and Gastineau during a Rams game, that was my earliest memory. The place was wild. I'll be you have a sense of relief knowing you're not on the hook to the Jets for $5k per seat. Although, kind of wondering why they didn't offer you upper deck seats? I know "in actuality" you haven't been a ticket holder since 2001, but I don't think anyone on this board would complain about being put in the 1977 gang "by accident."

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow 17a!

i dont blame you one bit for telling them to shove it on the psl. seems very shady to me that they could not/would not provide you with a contract. thats bad business especially that they ended up providing you with one right after you told them to shove it.

i also can appreciate the fact you declined the upper deckers.

i hope that good things will come from this and one day you will be able to say that you made the right decision. i am pretty sure without any kind of cap that there will be plenty of angry jets fans in the next few years when the tickets continue to go up at 10% a year.

this is also proof that there is a TON of mismanagement and deceit going in jetsland.

20. 17a_tailgater

finiacial aspects and organization disfunction where reason to drop the psl seats

guilt aspect is reason i didnt even listen to uppers at that point.

hell i could have had upper primes if i wanted on may 6th and just kept my mouth shut.but at this point fuck it.