17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i always miss a game a year. sometimes 2.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Don't worry you will survive the missing of the game :smile:

3. baamf

baamf Active Member

The sections going to miss you, but we'll do our best to watch the debacle :eek:hmy:. Family definitely comes first; my daughter has been coming to games with me for years and this year is her first away at college and it definitely sucks not having her around. But the Jets will always be something her and I share and as they get older you need those special times more and more. She'll be home for the Colts game hopefully and will also probably drag me to the Thanksgiving game (my wife will love that, we'll see). Anyway, Happy Birthday to your daughter and enjoy the day.

FYI, weather.com showing only a 10% chance of rain now!!!!

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

lil 17a coming with me this sunday. need somebody to drive his old man home

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Last minute change of plans,,,,,so I just looked at tix for today's game,,,,,prices still too high especially with the weather being so so,,,,,,if I see tix that I actually want I will throw the BBQ in the back and fill the cooler and head to the mausoleum otherwise we hope and pray for a win in the man cave,,,,enjoy the game all :beer:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Freaking disgusting.

Never been sold on Sanchez. Fucking GQ Commiefornia excuse-maker. Californication sunshine dude surrounded with talent in college with no fuckng record to speak of. 60 Million later we're still looking for a QB.

Remember this post... the NY Jets' starting QB for 2013 WILL NOT BE Mark Sanchez.

Oh yeah... but it's all Brian Schottenheimer's fault. Oh no... Wait.

Schottenheimer's no longer with us. That's right. I forgot.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

Missed my first game since 1999. 105 straight games. My leg has so many stitches and issues from surgery it just wasn't worth risking it. Even though we got blown out I'd still rather have been blown out sitting in my seats at the stadium rather than my couch at home.

I heard there were 40-50% 49ers fans. Tickets on stubhub were a fortune.

I gave my mom my seat so she could go with my dad and sister.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I saw lots of red shirts and jerseys on tv,,, and you could hear the cheers when the 9 ers made plays . This is now the norm as it has been this way since the new place opened,,,,what a shame

9. no psls

no psls Banned

Home field advantage is a thing of the past ; thank you - stubhub .

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The amount of 49er fans there was EMBARRASSING, and you picked a good one to miss, Lenny. Might as well sit out the Houston game too because it will be more of the same shit. Indianapolis might be worth the trip.

I'd say 35-40% 49er fans is an accurate assessment. The most fans of a visiting team I've seen since Pittsburgh in 2007. More than the Giants had last year on Christmas Eve.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Let me be the first to admit that Champ was right. This organization from the top down to the trainers is a joke. We will never win a Super bowl and Rex will never see a Championship game again. This team needs a total over haul. Having 4 draft picks and making bad picks has bitten us in the ass. And Woody has gotten cheap on us and for the first time when he did not let Tanny fix this team in the off season, just patch it with veterans coming off of injuries and one year contracts. We are a 4-5 win team. And the QB is just one of many issues but that's all anyone is going to talk about because it makes its simple. Well, its not so simple guys. Its every god damm position. We don't so anything good. Our kicker is our best player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Section 227. Row 5

We're 8 Million under cap.

No big-play RB. No B/U QB who can actully throw the ball. No WR besides Holmes who gets separation. No exceptional talent anywhere. But we're 8 million under cap. Good job, Tanny.

And now the stands are filled with opposing team fans. Good job, Woody. You bullied your fucking loyal old-timers so bad they all left the building and now you can't even fill the stands with opposing team fans. What a freaking disaster this team has turned into.

13. championjets69

What really is the difference if the WRs got separation since MS could not hit them or a barn door anyway? :sad:

14. championjets69

U did your mom & sister the greatest disservice ever :sad:

15. baamf

baamf Active Member

As I'm sitting in the stadium yesterday at the 2:00 minute warning with the rain falling on my shoulders, I couldn't help but think that here we go again. Yet another underachieving, soft team that will break my heart week after week. As one of the quarter of a century season ticket holders in this thread, I've seen this story unfold before just as many of you have.

One difference though. In the old stadium, I would be surrounded by like minded individuals and we all just bitch and moan to each other and get ready to fight another day. Yesterday, I was subjected to listening to the chorus of "lets go niners" over and over again in my "home" stadium. Pathetic.

On the way home, in the midst of discussing how the entire management structure should be fired, and every player cut, we saw a rainbow crossing over the turnpike in Newark. I knew the team wasn't as good as it looked against Buffalo, and I'm hoping we are not as bad as we looked yesterday, but things sure don't feel good today...

16. baamf

baamf Active Member

Well, you just can't make this shit up. 30 seconds after my last post I receive an e-mail from the Jets stating,

The Jets value the feedback and support of our Season Ticket Holders. We are constantly working to ensure that your experience at MetLife Stadium meets your expectations in every way. Because your continued support is so important to us, we need to hear your voice! Please take the next 5-10 minutes to express your opinions regarding your experience at yesterday's Jets game vs. the San Francisco 49ers.

Do they really think sending me a survey the day after that debacle is a good idea. Do I fill it out now, or let myself calm down a day or two? Tough call... :smile:

17. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahaa..... that's a good one!

It's like our Jets can't do ANYTHING right anymore, not even a survey. I can just imagine the feedback! Hahahahahahahaaaaa.a.....

18. championjets69

U Have seen nothing until U see what Hout will do to us this coming Monday :sad:

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Monday's game is gonna be worse. Houston is better then the 49'ers. We have zero chance, they are the best team in the NFL and we always beat them so they are going to be juiced. Now is when Revis will be sorely missed, he always shutdown Johnson. Oooy Vey, are we in trouble. If I could sell the rest of my seasons for $50 a game, it would be gone. I don't have the patience for this crap anymore. I love tailgating but its still about the anticipation of winning a big football game. We didn't even make it out of September, we are done guys. This is the worst talent since Herm's last season. Just awful top to bottom. TIme to start over, not sure it will be with me. Its getting real old.

#15779 sec314, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I have an orange park pass. Can I park anywahere that is orange?

Section P is too far. I wanna park by the Izod Center. Can I still do that?

This is my first time so please help