17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You are talking primo seats and I never sat that close so I believe you. My point is for someone like me, I would have sat at the 10 yd. line 20th row lower level vs. sec 314, row 9 for the last 20 years and I and the upper is better in my opinion. I am comparing apples to apples.

#1521 sec314, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is like arguing about which you like better... blondes or brunettes.

I've sat front row Lowers on the 50 and I've also sat front row Uppers on the 50 as a guest of the (then) Newark Star-Ledger. I used to advertise with them and if you worked the rep he'd eventually come up with 4 seats for you.

These are two different experiences almost... it's hard to describe. I loved being at field level even though you missed the action on the other side if a running play went that way. And if the play was down near the goal line, you are too low to catch it well. In the Uppers at the 50, you saw the whole thing laid out in front of you... and every play, no matter what. But you don't get the same perspective as being Lower when it's right there in front of you.

Of course, the best of both worlds is what I've had since 1985... the Mezz Sideline. I'm really gonna miss those seats... they were under cover too.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

There really is no right or wrong answer for this. For me, I've been sitting on the Lower tier 50 yd line, Row 25 since 1984.

You can see every play on both sides of the field, the vantage point to see a lot of the action that you wouldn't be able to see from farther up is unmatched.

You're far back enough to never miss any action on all 4 corners of the field.

There's only Two 50 yd line sections in the current stadium and I've loved the oppty. to be able to sit in one of them for 25 years now, damn it's been that long.

Walking down the aisle and being able to talk to and get Jets player autographs has been another great perk of these seats.

4. terps56

terps56 New Member

agreed. everybody has a different opinion of which seat is better becasuse we all place different values on what is desirable. If you desire a better view, uppers are best. If you enjoy being closer to the action and are willing to forego a good view of each play, sit in the lowers. No right or wrong answer here. My personal preference is sitting in lower end zone. For me, the thrill for the half of the game on my side outweighs the negative of having to watch the big screen for the other half of the game. But I certainly understand why others would not enjoy that at all.

5. coorslightcans

the major problem is not having a choice. many are being forced out seats that have been theres for years. upper deck seating is no comparision to lower level or mezzanine. denial is getting the best of many. my brother in law is contemplating selling a few of this years games to opposing teams fans a few drunken slobs he knows that are loud and obnoxious all on spite. whats the worst that can happen they dont renew his soon to be gone seats. screw it we are pissed. woody sucks

6. JetsNation06

I hear ya man. Some people just have such an emotional attachment to their seats that for their own reasons they will always be the BEST. It doesn't matter if they're the last row of the Upper Deck they would still tell you that they're as good as Lower Tier on the 50.

I find it comical when someone says if you want a better view you go Upper Deck and if you want to be closer to the action you go Lower Tier. What???

Umm if you're closer to the action then by inferrence you have a much better view of the action. The height of contradiction when i heard that one.

Guess what? You can be close to the action AND have a great view. Usually that is the case and not the alternative.

I have been watching the games from the 50 yd line, lower tier for 25 years and there's not a play I miss or a helmet smack that i can't hear vividly from my seats. Right in the middle of everything. I have given these seats to my clients and friends for years and they ask if I'm friends with Jets ownership lol because they're so blown away with the view.

You may not have a Panoramic view of the entire stadium however the game is between the lines and I don't need a panoramic view of the stadium to see what's going on on the field.

7. coorslightcans

dude i would sit in the last row or on the ledge or even on top of the hess sign to remain a season ticket holder. it totally sucks when you dont have control of your own season tickets. im sorry to repeat but i feel like im sailing on the jetstantic.

8. JetsNation06

I wouldn't. If I get that dicked on my new seat assignment then it's Sayonara. I'm not going from the best seats in the stadium to the nosebleeds. I absolutely refuse if that's the only choice I get. Consider it an investment on a new home entertainment system.

9. terps56

terps56 New Member

If what you are saying is true, why do you think the television and radio guys sit where they sit to broadcast a game? If closer is better, shouldn't they instead sit front row 50yd line?

There is no question that depending on location, you can often have a better view of the game in the uppers rather than the lowers

10. JetsNation06

Not at all. Watching a game through a camera lens on a TV is entirely different from watching a game in person.

Two entirely different viewing experiences.

The reason all broadcasts have their cameras high up is because they need to give the whole vantage point of the stadium so viewers watching on TV have points of reference and can get a scale of the field. Not to mention the multiple camera angles the networks have that are running over the field on a wire as you see when they do an overhead shot. Sideline shots, coaches, etc. They can't do any of that from the Lower tier because they don't have a good vantage point of the entire stadium. However, as a viewer in attendance you're not trying to see the whole stadium you just want to see the whole field. Well maybe you do but most fans are most interested in the game only.

There is such a thing as too close to the field for a high def camera and a broadcast team. If what you're saying is true, does that mean that Uppers are clearly better at every stadium in pro football and baseball? Because this is where all broadcast teams always setup their cameras. The majority of fans in America must be really duped as most always try to be closer to the field and the action in any city.

That's why if you can sit down in the lower tier you get in-depth views of the game action that sometimes even the cameras don't catch. You can't say that about viewing from the UD.

There is no way you could see the action in-depth better from the majority of seats in any Upper Deck section than you could in a Lower tier section on the 50 yd line. Yes, I'm sure a few rows and seats you can say that. However overall, lower tier is way better to catch everything happening on the field than uppers. Why are there only 2 50 yd line sections in the entire stadium? Is it because the view isn't unparalleled and everyone wants to sit in those two sections just because they want to pay more for a shitty view?

#1530 JetsNation06, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

we all know why people want to sit at the 50, but that doesnt make it the best seat for every play. it makes it a terrible seat for any touchdowns in comparison to the endzones.

i have sat in the lowers, uppers and mezz in the current stadium and after sitting in the mezz i would never want to sit in the lowers again. it IS in my eyes a much better view of the field. uppers are a little far away for my liking but the mezz is just perfect for viewing a game. 1st row mezz is so many times better than last row lower its disgusting.

12. terps56

terps56 New Member

I meant where the play-by play guys sit. I'll agree with you that that the 50 yd line is better view than the majority of uppers. But that misses the point. The discussion should be whether the majority of lowers are better than the majority of uppers. A plausable argument could be made that first row upper 50-yd line is a better view than first row 50-yd line lower. Even a better argument could be made that first row 50-yd line mezz is better view than 50-yd line lower

I was referring to the location of the actual play-by play tv and radio guys, not the camera guys. Football announcers dont sit first row 50-yd line like basketball announcers do. Some coaches/coordinaters also like the view from higher up. Maybe not the uppers, but certainly some prefer the view 50-yd line mezz over first row. I have sat in both. While no question I enjoyed lower better, I think the upper 50 gave me a better view/perspective.

13. JetsNation06

Ok I gotcha. Interesting. Maybe because I'm 25 rows back and I've never had any inteference or vantage point issues whatsoever from EZ to EZ and sideline to sideline that I'm speaking only from my specific vantage point(row 25). I used to go to a lot of Giants games on the 40 yd line in the uppers in the 3rd row and I do agree with you, it is a great view.

Again my only point is to each his own. We could probably interview 30 guys who sit in 30 different rows on the 50 yd line in the upper and lower levels and we'll get 30 different answers. Everyone has their own reasons.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you have been sitting in the lowers for 25 years how do you know what you are missing and the panaromic view is of the field, not the stadium ? Like one person said, we all love where we sit and the point is most people are not gonna be where they love so they are pissed. And for us upper deckers, our new upper decker ain't what is used to be either.

15. JetsNation06

Because I've sat in the uppers a shitload of times as well, that's how I know. We've all built an attachment to our seats. Like I said to each his own.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I feel for you bro, its something you love to do and its a big part of your life and its being taken away for no good reason. You deserve better man, 16 years of Jet football is something to be proud of and they are riping your family apart. Best to enjoy this season and hope we get a Championship, we have one hell of a team and not many NFL types gives us any chance which I love.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Where do you sit now and what's your seniority date?

18. JetsNation06

111, my date is 2004 even though it should be 1966 when my dad got the tix. I have no way of fighting it because of some nuclear family bs according to the Jets office. So I'm sure 2004 means I'll go from the 50 yd line to the last row in the UD. I don't know but that's what I'm expecting.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Actually, you have no chance of sitting in the UD, but should have lots of choices downstairs.

20. JetsNation06

How so? I already rejected all of the PSL options down below. Are there any seats non-PSL in the lowers? If so, I believe they're all end zone which I'm not interested at all. How do I not have the option to sit in the UD? That's the only section left I would consider.