17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

JWWS: I totally hear you. One time I had tickets in the corner of the lower bowl, under the overhang. They were the worst....we ended up watching half the game on this shitty little TV on the overhang. The view was terrible, and they were about $50 more than the uppers at the time. Lower isn't always better. That said I had 50 yard line seats one time about half way up in the lowers, which were by far the best I have ever had as well.

I personally like 314 just fine...too bad that time period has come and gone quickly.

Just a question to you guys.....if the stadium fills up, and you have no choice but to take upper EZ seats, are you planning on taking them or skipping out altoegher? Personally I would take the worst seats in the house and try to move over every year rathar than not go....but I am wondering what they prevailing opinion is? I couldn't imagine being in the lowers and end up in the upper deck behind the big screen.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Personnally, if, after 30 years of low row UD seats on the sideline, my only choice was high end zone uppers, I'd give up my tickets. That's just me. I can't justify paying $4000 a year for crummy seats after 30 years.

3. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets UD

I think if your row is low enough in the UD EZ, and you stay away from the UD corners, it won't be terrible. I plan to commit to seats 1/2 way up in Sect 302 on the Aisle

4. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

We'll have to see. With what we are paying for the tickets and the PSL. Not nearly as much people will be willing to unload their tickets. You'll see much less listed on eBay or one of the other ticket selling websites, which will drive up the market value. Will it be more than the face value, who knows...

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I got section 319 row 10 on June 2nd.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What section did you wind up in. I always thought the UD was the best seat in the house but like you, I going to be higher

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The upper EZ seats are not the worst seats in the house, the lower level EZ seats are. Don't hesitate grabbing UD end zone if that's what's left

8. coorslightcans

ive been sitting in the upper level for 16 years with season tickets. 1-2 games i had the opportunity to go sit in the lower level and what a big difference it trully is. anyone who says differently is in obvious denial. i predict many who moved from the lower level to the upper level will opt out after 1 season. psl or not its a completely different perspective and view of the game.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I bet a lot of people who sat in the lower level for years are gonna hate it but there is a reason I stayed Upper for 29 years, its so much better. The Upper deck is gonna be a great scene, all hard core long time STH's finally

#1509 sec314, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  10. coorslightcans

no way dude theres nothing like experiencing a game 2 rows behind the nyjets bench on the 45 yard line compared to being up in the nose bleeds. denial has got the best of you and its ok i understand. i sat in the uppers for 16 years because of affordability and season tickets. given the choice lower level all the way man.

11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

This topic continues to fascinate me. I've always been on the periphery, buying seasons from a real STH while being on the waiting list. I can get them in my name in 2009, and still strongly believe $5k PSLs will make it to the waiting list people like me.

On the other hand, you read all of this shady shit and really have to wonder. Also, I'm on the cusp of buying a house, paying for a wedding, honeymoon, etc. And putting aside $10k for 2 PSLs for 2010 makes less and less sense each day.

I like going to Yankee games, too, but the last 5-6 years I haven't gone out of my way once to get tickets, yet I still make 5 or 6 games per year. Basically, my friends/family know I like to go and will pay if asked, and tickets for a few games always just seem to become available (going to my second game in the new stadium next sunday against the Mets...). My brain tells me I should take a similar, sensible approach to Jets games in 2010, but my heart has me still considering finally getting tickets in my name....

12. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets PSL Crap

I think if anyone has the discretionary cash to piss away on PSL's, it is a no brainer. If you love the Jets, and have a lot of extra CA$H, by all means get the best PSL seats that you can.

But for the average guy/girl, to make a decision to buy PSL's over maybe a new car, a deposit/down payment on a mortgage, etc, I do not think it is a good idea. I think you will always be able to get cheap uppers, or splurge on some lowers or a Club seat purchased off stubhub whenever you have the extra cash.

I've been going to games for over 30 years since Shea, and the mantra of our tailgate at every home game is "Never let the J-E-T-S ruin a good day". So enjoy yourself at the new stadium when you can, and F$%@ Woody, and I hope he chokes on his ill gotten PSL $$$$$

Just an old-timers opinion!!!!!

#1512 jetbo, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  13. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

to be fair, I think I may have said to the rep "what are the best seats you have between the 20's" so if champ is outside those parameters the agent may have simply not told me about things I didn't ask for.

14. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Oh, that's different. But thanks for clarifying.

Champ has his 6 seats in section 319. Section 319 is in the corner of the endzone.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

oh no miz i am not by any stretch of the imagination saying he is lying. i trust that 17a is a stand up guy he has never ever done anything to appear anything other than stand up. sorry to imply that.

16. longsufferingjetsfan

Having sat in the lower end zone for my 44th year in 2009 and my psl in 2010 I couldn't agree with you more. There isn't any better seat when the team is driving towards you to score a touchdown. Though, I'm thankful that some people disagree as this has kept my seats available and affordable with typically lower prices than other seats perceived to be better.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

How do you know that?

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

To each his own, which is fine. The end zone seats may be great when the team is driving towards you, but I see two downsides to those seats. First, everyone agrees that you can't tell what is happening at the other end. Second, after attending games for over 30 years, there are times when all the action is at one end of the field. If you are in the "wrong" end zone for those games, you see virtually nothing.

I like seeing the whole field.

19. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets Uppers

I'm with you JWWS. I actually was working construction at Giants Stadium when it opened in 1976. I went to opening day Giants/Boys, and have sat in seat locations all over the building in the 33 years it has been standing. I believe the Best Seat in the stadium is 50 yard line MEZZ. Home side. But if you don't have those or can't afford them, I prefer a low row between the 30's in the Upper Deck.

I will agree though that if you are in Lower EZ with the offense coming at you, that is also a very awesome perspective.

20. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

From the stadium seating chart.