17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I for one go to every game, and if I can't make it I give them to a family or friend who I know is a diehard fan.

But there has to be a death in the family for me not to go.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

I look at it as an entertainment expense. Win or lose I still have fun.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

3 and yes I go to every game. When I got my tixx in 1991 I was 11 years old so obviously I wasn't going to night games but I went pretty often and since 1998 I've only missed 1 regular season home game which was in 1999 and a handful of preseason games.

If you buy Jets season tickets as an "investment" you're a shmuck. I don't buy them assuming I can sell off games I can't use.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have missed 3 games in the past 2 years
    2010 halloween & thanksgiving
    2011 xmas eve

i used to miss 1 or 2 a year from being out all night drinking and partying,so I've made a rule for myself.no drinking the night before a jets home game

5. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

An investment in your life. You just dont flush $5k down the toilet do you? Who goes to a game thinking they will lose and who cares? Thats a jackass.

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Must have money to blow!

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Season tickets are a risk and a gamble. The NYJETS can go 1-15 ive been there and done that. I hope others stick around like I did after that.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't worry about the Jets going 1-15 anymore, not with Mr. T and Rex in charge. I just purchased a 60 inch Samsung Series 8000 HDTV/3D Smart TV for my family room with a new sound system and Blue Ray. I am totally pumped to watch the NFL, does anyone know if the NFL plans on showing any games in 3D? I heard the Super Bowl was 3D. Hoping Verizon carries Olympics in 3D. Anyone have the Samsung 8K series?

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60ES8000FXZA-features

#15008 sec314, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  9. JetsSec337Lot13B

I pay for my own seat, my dad for his, my sister for hers. Once I turned 21 my dad decided to shirt that bill over to me and make me pay for my own seat.

Before that I would pitch in a bit towards it but 21 I was on my own for it.

If you had end zone seats those were $950 each times 4 is $3800 plus $250 for parking so $4,050.

Since you've said you paid for your tickets and let your son and friends use the seats you my friend are the jackass for giving them a free ride for 2 seasons of Jets football.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why don't you and Champ start your own thread where you write the same posts over and over and over like you two have done here and leave the rest of us alone.
    We get it. You think the UD is high and the view is better at home. Whoop de damn do for you. I am not sure why you need everybody to agree with you on that point. I disagree and think the view is better from my seats at the stadium than at home and enjoy being at the game. Debate over. Your decision was right for you, mine was right for me. Now move on.

#15010 Joe Willie White Shoes, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

No jackass here. My sons friends paid me back in yard work,pool openings and closings along with weekly cleaning,car washing,painting you name it. They even bought me 2 PRIME LL SEATS for 1 game WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE FIELD AND PLAYERS YOU WOULDNT KNOW ABOUT THAT. Even if they didnt fully pay me back who the hell cares.

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

so are movie tickets and broadway tickets and concert tickets...its entertainment

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thank You Joe, beem saying that for weeks. Please everyone, until Champ and GM have something new to say, please ignore. We get it guys, move one or go away. Over and over and over.

14. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Theres no doubt its better at the game like many are saying, in a seat where you can actually see the field and players without needing binoculars. No argument from me on that one.

If I wanted to watch ant farm football id still be in the UD at the new stadium!

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Another person for censorship. You should NOT be living in the USA but instead countries like China, Russia, North Korea or maybe even Cuba :sad:

16. championjets69

They probably do not even realize that after 30 years or so for say 2 seats they have outlaid 20 or 30 Gs & got nothing in return since I am sure they are not entertained after a loss & since our overall record is still under 500 they have seen more losses then wins :sad:

17. championjets69

Another person for censorship. You should NOT be living in the USA but instead countries like China, Russia, North Korea or maybe even Cuba :sad:

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

You would need to see every movie produced that year and still would not come close!

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe this is a classic.

so because we live in the us of a you cannot tell people how you want things done. im pretty sure that they set up the forum so that things stay in a particular order, like this is a jets experience portion of the forum... its where posts like this one go.

its not censorship as much as it is respecting the topic and the people involved in it. so please quit being a juice box about it.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

So onto more important issues.

1. Anyone know of anyone who has purchased seats recently? I had a friend who was looking but I never heard back on the outcome.

2. Anyone making any tailgate upgrades this year? I'm content with most of my equipment this year but pretty soon I'll do my once a year Costco run for plates, forks, knives, solo cups etc that last me the entire season.

3. Any rumors as to what our tickets will look like?