17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

make sure to high five me and chrebet86 when u pass I'm a couple of rows in front of u.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Very Nice. What seat? I am row 8, section 340, 3 seats away from the 340/341 aisle

3. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I was not hating, nor am I a newbie. I've been following this thread since it's inception though have not posted much.

My post was in response to you stating that your original seats in the old stadium were "ok" (I took that as you could have taken or left them...didn't care much for them as you did not say "fine" in your original post) and that because of seniority you got "bumped back a few rows". Sounds like they pretty much gave you what you had in the old stadium. The only problem is that the new stadium upper deck is higher than the old one. The Jets themselves told everyone that so I am a little confused by you being surprised that the view up there is further away.

I agree the way you were treated by the Jets when you tried to relocate could have been handled better. However I think the initial seating process for you worked out fine. You got pretty much the same seats in the same location unlike 227 who got completely screwed. Did you not know that the new stadium row 4 was equivalent to the old stadium's last row? Of course the view would be worse.

Again, I'm not hating on you. I'm actually defending the others (not that they need it) who chose to keep their upper deck seats while you keep repeating how the upper deck sucks and anyone who says they enjoy it is lieing. Ok, we've heard it. You don't like it. It is further from the field then the old stadium. We heard that too. These guys KNOW that. they've BEEN to the stadium. Guess what? They're still excited about their seats. Let them be.

4. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

You know...stuff like this... :)

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i can't wait to get to the home opener bright and early and see jetsbabe68's face smiling ear to ear with excitement.cause lets face it, i am always late. haha

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I just hope the bargain priced tickets didnt open the door for riff-raff drunken bum rowdy dirtbag type fans. I can control all that at my house you cant.
    Stub-hub always provides me with LL great seats at great prices where I can see the players and the field nicely.

FYI I hear Cabelas is having a sale on binoculars.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

How did I get "completely screwed?"

PSL purchasers got completely screwed.

I went from the MEZZ Row 5 on the 1-yard line to Upper Deck Row 2 on the 25-yard line.

I don't think you've been reading and following as you state. You claim that "I've been following this thread since it's inception though have not posted much."

Horseshit. I think you've been an ocassional lurker who now claims to have been following but who now wants to join the bandwagon and dump on people with the common sense to get TF out of this Season Ticket horseshit if they've been fucked over and given shitty seats.

God Bless them if they do, for they are certainly wiser than thou.

Now stop claiming to be Jets Fan #1 and for God's sake, stop claiming you've been "following this thread."

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Stop referring to 17a and myself in this manner. We may be all the other things you say we are, but we're not riff-raff. Drunken bum rowdy dirtbags... well maybe, under certain circumstances and game conditions.

9. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

uummm...sorry. I thought that going from Mezz row 5 on the 1 yard line to row 16 (your ORIGINAL seats) in the upper deck was getting screwed. And you've stated that many times. My bad. I guess I misunderstood what you were posting. Those were great seats...not sure why you moved...not once, but twice.

Lurker? Yes, since I have not posted much. But I have posted. In fact I thanked you for your service in the military way back towards the beginning of this thread, but whatever. I was not dumping on anyone. You going from Mezz to row 16 in the upper deck...yeah, I thought that sucked. GMC getting moved back a "few rows" in the upper deck...not so much given that everyone knew it was higher than the old stadium.

"Wiser than thou"...well that could very well be said for anyone who buys a single game day ticket, let alone season tickets, for something that can be watched for free on TV.

I'll go back to lurking....carry on.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

available tickets for the buffalo games have gone from 4500 to 6500 in the last few weeks.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat I was just looking at that this morning :beer:
    Also it appeared that 49 er prices have stayed the same but that more tix were available . I did not look at any other games,,,YET

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

And you can say so because...................How long have you been a season ticket holder? How many rows did you get moved back? I shouldnt have been moved back 1 damn row. I always paid for my tickets on time without a payment plan. I was in my seats for years why move me?

It is ALOT higher and the view in my OPINION SUCKS.

13. alleycat9

seeing that the amount of tickets went up by 30 percent or so makes me want to do the spreadsheet again. but its just so recent that i did it. maybe the end of next week.

i was going to do it end of july but will do one late this coming week and then the beginning of august.

14. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

What tix are available alot of UD back rows im gonna guess.

15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Before answering your question let me ask one...if they gave you the same exact seats in the same exact section in the same exact row only in this stadium, would you have been happy? My guess is the answer is no. Your problem isn't that they moved you back a couple rows. Your problem is that the view in the new stadium is higher and further back from the field. The only way they could have prevented that was to not build 3 levels of suites. That wasn't happening and it was known from the start of the "seat selection process". The new stadium is higher than the old one. Even if you had the seniority to get the same seats in the new stadium it would not have made a difference in making you happy.

In the old stadium I was upper deck 50 yard line row 25 on the aisle...6 rows from the top. My seniority got me nothing because for many years the seats were not in my name. That being said, I knew going in that even if they gave me row 25 on the 50 yard line of the new stadium I would not have been happy. Why did I know this...because they said row 4 of the new stadium was the equivalent of the last row in the old stadium.

So to answer your other question about how many rows I got moved back, I got pushed out of the upper deck. When my call came my options were upper rows of the endzone. Did that upset me after years of paying for seats with no payment plan? Yes. But how else could the process have been fair? There was no way it could have made everyone happy. The fact that they held back seats pissed me off, but at the end of the day even if they didn't it probably wouldn't have helped me.

So...the new stadium upper deck is higher and further from the field than the old stadium. That sucks. It would completely make more sense to not go to games and watch them on TV...for free no less. However, nothing can replace 80,000 people packed in together tailgating and then going in to watch an NFL football game. You can nit pick that there are only 75,000 people actually at the games....or only 50,000 of them are Jets fans and yes the upper deck view is drastically different than the old stadium, but at the end of the day I (dare I say we) love going to games in the same seats with the same people week in and week out. I would have loved if the old stadium was still here, but it's not. I've moved on and accepted it.

16. alleycat9

at this point i will assume thats the case. the amount of tickets went up dramatically in the past few weeks. it might be people just now getting around to putting them on stubhub.

i would think if the jets were putting them up there would be alot more, what did everyone determine, there were something like 8k unsold or something like that? (someone mentioned they thought it was around a number)

i havent gone and tried to see how many tickets are in a particular section, that might be a little too much work. but i could try and see if i can do it.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

I don't understand why you say we "invested" in season tickets. It's an entertainment expense. Minus Jerseyboy the rest of us aren't out to make money on our season tickets.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Anytime you spend a considerable amount of money on anything you invest in it. You also invest time and energy being a season ticket holder preparing for games,setting up and cleaning up tailgates and driving to and from the game.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually when U are not ENTERTAINED (losing) more times then you are entertained winning IMHO you are wasting your money & when U take into account all the things wrong with the stadium it seems to me that those who reupped make a very poor decision which will really come to the fore after the 2012 season is played:sad:

20. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

So if you have 4 season tickets every year you use every game? Thats 5250 a year on tickets alone factor in beer and food and gas......alot of money every year......i have 8 my total is 10500.