17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

sucks i won't be at the giants game.i had to sell my seats bc i have a shore house.but ill be at the panthers game

2. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

During construction I went on a tour. I sat in quite a few sections. I thought it was just my imagination but felt higher than the old stadium. I figured id wait until the season starts and football was on the field instead of construction workers.

My seats were in the end zone. I had the opportunoty to sit row 1 UD on the 50 I wasnt impressed at all. The UD just isnt for me. I kept the tickets my son used them I decided enough was enough and I wasnt wasting my money in the UD any longer. Last season I sat in the LL and that iced my decision.

I can see fine and im old.

3. 17a_tailgater

so u had row 1 prime on the 50 for the 1st year? what was your seniority? did they call u on the 1st day?

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've sat in row 15 2 years in a row and lived with it. I will be moving to row 5 this year which is the first row where I am. I am happy with it. None of us feel the urge to insult you for your decision, you should do the same to us. Maybe you and Champ should start your own thread because both of you have nothing productive to add to this thread.

The view up there isn't as great as the old place but it's not so bad if you're in the first 10 rows on the sidelines of the first 3 rows of the end zones. Then again that depends on the person. Some people will only sit between the 30s, some people only in the end zones, it's all personal preference but most of the people I know who have tickets in a single digit row are all content with their seats.

I only pay for one seat, $950. I don't think I'm giving Woody Johnson too much of my cash. Not only that if I enjoy myself how am I wasting money? You didn't enjoy yourself anymore that's great you gave em up and we're glad you're happy. CBG gave his tixx up he's happy as a pig in shit but he has never once insulted us for staying. Be happy for us that we still enjoy going. I thought people on here were extreme for their anger towards people who bought PSLs but I feel life is short do what makes you happy. Whether it's a PSL, club seat, upper deck seat, staying in the parking lot, or staying at home.

5. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

No a friend works for a company who has them. My original seats were ok in the old stadium then I was bumped back a few rows due to those with more seniority moving up. The entire situation was handled wrong by the NYJETS ticket office. Theres nowhere in the UD that would satisfy me as its alot higher them the old stadium. Anyone who says no is a liar.

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

You are the voice of reason and I agree 100%.Enjoy the season no matter where you sit. :beer:

7. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Of course the upper deck is higher. The Jets themselves have said so (the last row of the old stadium is equivalent to the fourth row of the new stadium). No one is saying it's not. Upper deckers here are only saying they still enjoy going to the games regardless of the upper deck being higher. Who's lieing?

You got bumped back a few rows in the process because of you're seniority and it's doesn't sound like you were thrilled with your old seats. How should the Jets have handled it? It doesn't sound like you were THAT affected by the move. You were in the upper deck in the old stadium...should they have moved you to the lower level...maybe 50 yard line?

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

When an old time STH gives up there tickets they go through withdrawls and second guess themselves. In order to get through it, they convince themselves that the view was impossible to enjoy, the parking and access unmanagable and the team is going to suck for years to come. I would do the same thing because I would be afraid of what I am going to miss. My luck, the day I stop going is the day we win it all. Its the # 1 reason I still go, just waiting after 32 years, to witness a Championship run before I die. We all know going to games is not what it was, but with a little tweaking, most of us are pretty happy where we are. GM, I met 3 guys this week in your situation and all 3 have the same attitude as you so I am not picking on you. You earned the right to stop going and say your peace but you keep on repeating it over and over. We know you hate the UD and pumped for watching the games on the couch. Talk football then, we still love going and find the Upper deck the only place for us. GO JETS!!!! We won't rub it in when we are dancing in aisles in late January.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

By Jan 2013 U will be home watching the games on TV like the rest of us as for sure you will not be dancing in the aisles as you so fervently hope :sad:

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 you cannot stereotype ALL oldtime STH's ,,,,,,,,,,,I can speak for only myself when I say I gave up my tickets---thought about it long and hard,,,,,and in the end said " it just aint worth it " and ran.
    That said I have never ever once looked back with regret---seriously not once :)
    We still go to games when we want,, there are oceans of tix available to me via the NET or friends but being a STH once had status and meant something now it no longer holds the same value-----I ran and never looked back and advise anyone who is on the fence next year to do the same . If you or anyone else still has seats and enjoys going , all I can say is I know exactly how you feel going to games :beer:
    Again speaking for myself ,,IF there ever is a game or games in January I will be there no question ! Enjoy the heat all

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Couldnt have said it better myself. :beer:

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fair enough CBG but you are the exception. Most ex STH's can't move forward, they have to make a point. To each his own, just hope you guys still root hard for the team . It ain't what it used to be, but its still special. When I tell someone I have been going for 33 years, there faces light up and the first thing they ask is" so you went to shea?" kinda like I visited the moon or climbed. Mt. Everest. Funny stuff

#14972 sec314, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  13. 17a_tailgater

i have a feeling the oceans of available tix will not be the same.well the upper half of the upper bowl will.but u will not see a low row upper deck on stub hub now that we are all brought back together.the long time sth will be at every game. last year row 9 seats 1-8 where on stub hub the whole year. this will not be the case bc of the relocation of real fans to the forefront

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A ,,,,I think you guys that were scattered will NOW be siiting in the lower rows and together which is a great thing :beer:
    The lower priced seats MIGHT also bring back a few fans but my feeling is that most people like myself left for many reasons and the price of tickets was just one of them. I still see a bunch of seats behind you guys being available and MANY casual or worse opposing teams fans ( sadly ) sitting in them :sad:
    The lower levels in my eyes won't change there will be and are right now so many available. I guess we will all have to see how it works out,,September will be here soon enough

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hopefully U do realize that if we do not over take the Pats this year your only dancing in the aisle this year will be in a away stadium because for sure again U will not be seeing the AFCCG @ our stadium :sad:

16. 17a_tailgater

im excited for my new seats and new neighbors and new tailgate spot
    I'm like michael jordan playing on 1 year deals

17. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

My old seats in the old stadium were fine I enjoyed them I never complained. If you were following along instead of being a hater you would have known I gave up 2 LL seats when I had 6 total tickets 2 LL and 4 UD.

The new stadium is alot higher then the old one. That initially was a concern, then when I was bumped back a few rows I was skeptical. I did in fact keep the tickets and try them 1 game I realized this isnt for me.

I contacted the NYJETS ticket office and requested an upgrade needing 4 seats together they said it was impossible and had nothing. So my son and his friends utilized the tickets. I stayed home and got to liking it. I even converted a 4 season patio room into a NYJETS zone, big screen TV refrigerator etc.

This season I decided to not renew my season tickets. The end. Sorry for the guys who are following along but when a newbie hater comes in and trys to take a shot at me im gonna defend myself and my decision.

As far as the dancing in the aisles goes in January I hope it happens for those with any money invested in season tickets and all NYJETS fans.

18. 17a_tailgater

32 inches is not exactly BIG SCREEN.glad u upgraded your size this year.
    as us upper deckers got our seats upgraded.

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

37" is still a better view than the UD buddy like it or not. Thats what was out there and recently replaced with a 55" that looks to be way too big for out there and may end up in the basement.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I am in 341 Row 11. Looking forward to being with TGG members and Jets fans each and every game rather than the revolving door of stub hubbers I sat with the last two years in the back rows of Sec 340.