17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Most of us would probably drop dead of a heart attack the minute after they won the AFC Championship game anyway.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Can not handle the reality of the facts heh? With the upheaval they will be going thru after this season is done the SB is many, many years in there future which is MHO:sad:

#14902 championjets69, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  3. championjets69

Maybe after they won the SB also :smile:

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

True, not that its ever gonna happen. The Steelers game 2 years ago still pisses me off. That was our best chance.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

buddy i had airfare condo and tix to the super bowl in miami.imagine the raging hardon i had during halftime of the colts AFCCG.

i only had airfare and hotel for dallas.got wise

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I think only PSl tickets get superbowl option so it shouldnt really matter

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I dont think they all do if at all. Isnt the lottery system used for limited tickets for the home stadium fans hosting the Super Bowl.

Geez you PSL holders think you have gold there and get it all.

8. 17a_tailgater

which wouldn't matter to you bc your a Giants fan anyway

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

So you're saying ALL the PSL holders in MetLife Stadium get Super Bowl options? How could that be and how would it work? So only NYJETS fans could possibly be in attendance at the Super Bowl? Im totally confused on this one............:lol:

10. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

1) Both the teams in the SB are allocated a number of tickets. The Jets have stated that some PSL Holders (the Big Money Club Seats) will be guaranteed tickets. Other STH's will be placed in a lottery for a limited number of tickets. It is not entirely clear if the Jets would "weight" the lottery in favor of higher dollar seats.

2) When the SB is at Metlife, both the Jets and Giants will be given an allocation of tickets for the home fans. Once can assume that they will both follow a similar distribution strategy.

Bottom Line:
    1) Every STH won't get tickets to the SB;
    2) Every PSL owner will have a shot at winning SB seats when the Jets play in the SB.

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Every other ticket holder except those with "PSL GOLD" will be put in a lottery, just like its always been.

12. Jerseyboyisback

I thought if jets went a superbowl anywhere metlife or whereever, only psl holders were in lottery. That was what i thought. Upperdeck were not.

13. Jerseyboyisback

Im a sports fan! If your dad was a giants fan and had 2 lower level tickets to superbowl free you wouldnt go? Come on man!

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I have been a season ticket holder for 32 years and I consider it one of the great joys of my life and a tremendous amount of fun. I consider it a privilege to have been a STH all these years and to have been able to attend over 200 pro football games in person. I started out attending in the early 80s with my father and brother. My younger son started going to games with me in the early 2000s when he was 7 years old and one of the highlights of my life was spending those 8 days a year at Jets games and watching him grow into a knowledgeable Jets fans. The family bonding that takes place at these games and the generations it has spanned in my family is special.

I enjoy the entire experience - from the tailgate to the game to listening to the post game show on the radio on the ride home. I have never missed a kick off, never left early and don't leave my seat during the game if it means I will miss a play.

If you can't appreciate what it is like to root for this team, win or lose, or the experience of attending games, win or lose, then you just don't get it.

Champ, why are you here? Why post on this board? Why be a Jets fan at all if if give you such misery? It is time you took your act somewhere else. It is way beyond tired. Take your endless pessimism and criticism of those of us who have every right to enjoy this sport, root for this team, and hope this is the year.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Same here minus the ticket for the last 5 Championship losses including the AJ Duhue game. In fact, for every Super Bowl in Miami had my friends parents condo as as a place to stay. So much pain

#14915 sec314, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Everyone, just ignore Champ. He has nothing new to say, just repeats the same old tired negative bitter old man same old Jet crap like its the 90's again. Its not even entertaining anymore. Maybe he will get the hint. He talks to us like we don't know what's its like to be a Jet fan, like we are some newbies just because we still hope and he was a STH in 1969. Get over it Gramps. its insulting.

#14916 sec314, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  17. championjets69

Just giving MY HUMBLE OPINIONS no difference then U, 314 or any other poster on this board does. Maybe you should move to Russia or even North Korea if censorship is your thing :sad:

18. 17a_tailgater

My Dad was a Jets Mets Knicks fan. therefore i am a Jets Mets Knicks fan.and guess what my sons are???

19. championjets69

Just remember your posts please that U make now in Jan 2013 :sad:

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

In '83 I had SB tickets waiting for me, and airfare to go to Pasadena but watched AJ Duhe in the mud ruin it for me.

In '99 I had SB tickets waiting for me, flew to Denver to assist photographers ON THE FIELD, and watched helplessly (from close range) as Megget botched a kick-off return in the wind, and Denver came back to ruin it for me. Then I was verbally abused by Denver fans on my way out.

As I approach 50 and the prices for SB tix has really gotten insane, I'm thinking those were my two legitimate shots and if we get close again and I get "drawn" (don't know if that's even possible now that I have non-PSL seats) I will sell the tickets and throw a huge party at home with the profits.

The thought of emptying my pockets to place a chip on the table for Jets winning "the big game" would be too big a gamble now. They'd have to be having a dominant D kind of season. Not a wild card type run to get there. "99 was the one that really got away. Atlanta would not have had a chance against us.

I just can't imagine putting up that much to risk them doing something for the first time in their history - lose a Super Bowl. Knew some Raiders fans who went west to see them embarrass themselves against Tampa Bay year ago. No thanks! The NFL pockets enough of my money.