17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

The relocation date goes by prime 1st. Then sideline 50 and out towards end zone. Then end zone seats.

It's sorta the same process when they did the original seating for the new stadium. All the old timers dates where clumped together as jan 1 1970 so they went lower level 50 yard line 1st mezz 50 2nd and then upper 50 3rd.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My original call date was like June 18, 2009. Wound up in Section 342, Row 16. Found out I was lied to because they were giving away better seats to newbie first-time callers months after the call dates.

So here we are now 3 years later, still messing around trying to get the better seats we should have gotten way back then. Good luck everyone and all I can say is keep on hammering.

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Some days I feel that way and others im like maybe I will hold on to them and see what happens......I just feel like I can never sell those tickets too good!!

4. 309'em

309'em Member

Have May 22 at 2:30PM (currently located in 312, row 10). Not optimistic that there is anything lower since I've called the rep (Guy) several times in the past two months and he said nothing is available lower (and I told him I was willing to move further away from the current 30 yard line location). Have had tickets since 1980.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Things Are Changing For The Upper Deckers

I think things are starting to look up, fellas.

My perception of this entire 3-year process is that the Jets lied and held back on the better Upper Deck seats because they had to move the PSLs. And they were very successful in scaring and coercing many UDers into having to buy PSLs. I don't think they ever anticipated the amount of resistance to them, perhaps in part because of this very thread started by 17a. They gave me Section 342, Row 16, for example, then tried on "Meet Your Seats" Day to twist my arm, telling me nothing closer was available in the Uppers, so take it or leave it.

And this decided deceptive policy had to continue for far longer than they had ever anticipated and certainly far longer than we anticipated or deserved. It took them 3 years to finish selling thier cockamamie PSLs and all the while, it paid to bully the Upper Deck (the Parking Class Warfare, for example) because the coercion was working and they were still selling some PSLs to displeased Upper Deckers with this tactic.

I don't think the Jets purposefully set out from the beginning to torture, himiliate and aggrevate their long-time STHers, but they had no choice. The PSLs were pretty much dead on arrival. And they continued this practice even though they knew it was distasteful to all the guys with seniority who deserved better. They did it because they had to.

Now that all the PSLs are done and the sales are final (no refunds, no changing or upgrading, no Jets-authorized market website for buying or selling PSLs), they appear to be pretty much over the bullying tactics. Someone in the FO must have stepped up finally and said, "Okay, the heat's off now. Let's stop abusing the shit ourt of the Upper Deck guys now."

So here we are today. The mandated, seemingly outcast Orange Parking thing evolved into, "Well, maybe we'll sell you a Yellow Pass" to "You can now have a Yellow Pass at half-price." Upgrades in the Uppers were non-existant in the beginning but now it looks like many are getting or have gotten upgrades. And now we have this new "fan friendly" Selection Date thing, giving everyone a chance to select their own upgrade. A newer, kinder, gentler Ticket Office is emerging. Disappearing are the strong-arm waterboarding techniques and in with letting guys move down finally from umpteen rows up.

I have been very critical of the Ticket Office and others have been also. It's been a very painful time to be a ticketholder, especially if you've loyally paid your invoice every spring for 30 years and asked nothing in return. So now, in all fairness, I say that it appears the tide has changed finally. Somebody with some common sense up there realized that they were losing Upper Deck seats in droves... it probably reached its pinnacle this spring, in fact.

Letting everyone move down from the upper rows is the right thing for the Jets to be doing now. Let guys stuck in Row 22 move down to Row 8 and then put the rest on StubHub if you have to. We won't care if you have to sell the upper rows as distressed merchandise. After all, that's what it is.

So, in my humble opinion, it looks like perhaps the jets are finally getting it. And with all the cockamamie PSL sales over and done with, all sales final, they are now concentrating on doing right by the Upper Deckers. Better parking options, upgrades, etc. Who knows? Maybe we'll even get some bettr amenities up there and some work done on the men's rooms and escalator jammups. I'm glad we're seeing some relief. And maybe in small part the contributors to this thread had something to do with it. We bitched and never gave in, so maybe they got the message and now we have a kinder, gentler attitude toward the Upper Deck.

And it's about time. Thank you, NY Jets.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We haven't even seen the inventory yet 227 so I would save the Thank you unitl next week. I guarentee there will be NO upper primes available anywhere in the stadium and the guy who's in 340 upper rows will have to go to the end zone to get lower. This sale will be like going to a flea market where they sell everything nobody wanted. They are hoping people add more seats or take the crappy end zone seats. I would rather sit in 340 upper then row 8 in the end zone. This is all about nothing. I am not even logging on.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 312 is a good one because you are right next door to 313 which is Prime and therefore $125 per seat. But your call time is very good, so maybe you'll get to move down in, say, 311 or so.

Good luck and thanks for posting. Let us know how you make out on the 22nd.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Well, I hope you're wrong and yes, I did think about what you are saying and maybe I am being too quick to lavish praise. No one is more skeptical than me, you know.

But I am talking about the change we've seen over the last year or so, as the cockamamie, All-Sales-Final PSLs have apparently finally all flushed down the proverbial ticket-toilet. The nicest thing they did was with the Yellow Parking. And you and I have gotten upgrades already and we're being given the opportunity to go online and look for better.

Do I think good seats are still going to be held back? Oh yeah, bet your boopie. But it's a change in the right direction, is what I'm saying. It beats a sharp stcik in the eye and Section 342, Row 16.

9. Section 227. Row 5

You have 6 as I recall and that will be a hard move. But I do seem to remember you being pleased with your last upgrade. Why don't you just log on to see what's available? Maybe you've got 3 and 3 somewhere on the aisle?

What's your Selection Date, assuming you received the email?

10. 17a_tailgater

How many seats do u have? They may have 4 available closer but if u have 3 season tix they aren't gonna give u those 3 and leave the 4th open

11. 17a_tailgater

Just spoke with a friend who gave up section 316 row 5 4 seats. Hated the stadium and is fed up. They keep calling him to come back

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I dropped from 4 to 2 this year. I've got two kids in college starting in August and neither will be going to the games with me for a while now that they are away at school.

I tried to drop from 4 to 3 seats, but could not because of the prohibition on leaving single seats open. I dropped to 2 seats and tried to move down in March, but was told I had to wait for this online process. I am hoping to move down, but do not want to move further from midfield to do so. That is going to limit me to about 8 sections and 15 or so rows in each. I don't have my hopes up and am somewhat skeptical about them still giving new prospective buyers the better seats. They have my money already and have had it for 30+ years.

13. 309'em

309'em Member

We only have two. We moved down three rows last year (every little bit helps) but row nine is controlled by ticket brokers - never saw any Jet fans or the same people twice in those seats last year - was really annoying.

14. Section 227. Row 5

If you only have 2 it might be easier to move down. I have 4 so there's not much available I'm sure.

15. 17a_tailgater

I would check 2 and 3 seat availability.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

The Jets are also contacting newbies to become season ticket holders. A friend of mine got pretty nice seats last Friday. The same day I got my upgrade.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Next thing you know, the newbies will be given links to the online seating chart where they can sniff around and pick out something while the rest of us Upper Deck guys are sitting around waiting for our Selection Date.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

18. Section 227. Row 5

That would be very smart.... checking 3-seat availability.

Maybe there's 3 on the aisle in Row 5 let's say. Really nice seats. But a guy who is looking for 2 is prohibited from grabbing 2 of the 3 because of the 1-seat restriction rule.

So if you are in a position to grab 3, you might get better placement. In my case, if I look for 3 on the aisle and maybe one in front, same thing. Or 2+2. I guess we will all have to take a look and see what it looks like.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would not thank anyone or give credit to anyone until this whole process is done . Benefit of the doubt you ask ? Not me been there and done this ,,,,I am so glad I am gone but wish all you guys the best of luck dealing with the ticket office,,,my experience says you will need it because they have shown me too many times that they WILL NOT change how they conduct business . Granted they might have no choice after 3 years but I would not count on it.

20. Section 227. Row 5

I hear you man and I was just throwing out an olive branch, but I know what you're saying.

Dirtbags from Day One. What a shame. Never used to be that way.