17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

14,000 is only scratching the surface. We're heading for 20,000 this year.

2. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

20,000+ Over under 22,000 start the betting

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

PSLs are to my way of thinking the same as buying a stock. You are gambling that the price of the stock or PSL will escalate. However with the NYJs on a losing streak now 43 years & counting just like a stock that received negative reports the PSL will dive faster then the German Stuka dive bomber did. That is why I recommend that guy sell his PSLs ASAP :sad:

4. championjets69

Nope if this losing streak continues in 10 years they maybe worth a dime a PSL so if you consider that a good return on your investment that is fine :sad:

5. Jerseyboyisback

Thats the thing its not a stock!! its the right to buy season tickets. Now you can buy season tickets from a broker or 3rd party or season ticket holder them selves. You will most likely pay a premium aka PSL factored in fee. This is not the case for Upper level Jets.

I have explained the math so many times but for 4 psl at 2500 you need to get back 333 a year for 30 years to break even with the psl. If you dont want the psl then you will end up spending that on tickets in fees.....its just like how the pats face value is hire but no psl. in the end it works out

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

So in 2016 when I find someone who is just done with the nonsense of selling tix and going to the stadium and I swoop in and get those seats without paying for a psl. We shall see

7. Jerseyboyisback

No your going to have to pay for the PSL but a smaller amount since the depreciation value or years left. So i figure each year you lose 333 so I would subtract it out...

in 15 years I will sell my PSL for half. Now if jets are amazing and no one is selling for a FAIR price than will sell for whatever the market value is!!

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The thing with stocks is that one should buy low and sell high,,,,,these psl's and seat prices are ALREADY high so how much can you expect to make on them ? In my eyes one is lucky to break even,,,,,,let alone make any profit

9. 17a_tailgater

For these PSL's to go up really high we would have to win multiple super bowls with home playoff games like the Giants. Oh wait we share the same place?? Which do u think a broker wants to sell Giants or Jets tix?

10. 17a_tailgater

Yankees or mets rangers or islanders???
    Wake up people

Once the PSL's are paid in full let's see the flooded market prices

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I think of my PSL's as the right to buy tickets to the games I want in the seats I like. Nothing more, nothing less.

12. 17a_tailgater

And that is how I would look at it if the upper deck was not psl free

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Not according to many, they are investment gold.

14. Section 227. Row 5

I'm opening a pizzeria in Brooklyn. I'll be making pizzas there but I'm not really sure how they'll be and therefore I can't really guarantee the quality of the product.

Anyway, I found a piece of property and still need to build the building. Those expensive pizza ovens are quite an amenity! If I promise to give you great seats in the corner next to the window, would you help me out by buying a PSL from me to finance the construction?

All I need is $5,000 up front and then that will guarantee you the right to come in and take those seats and buy pizzas from me every week.

Thanks and we appreciate your support! We're having a conference call with our head chef on Tusday at 11! We'll give you a robo-call so you can listen in!

By the way, we can finance the PSL for you but your separate invoice for the pizza is due May 15th.

15. championjets69

They may not be a security but they are in the same class you paid whatever U did for the right to buy tix to the game. By paying for the PSL U made it either a asset or a debit & right now & for years to come your PSLs will be on the debit side of the ledger. As for your math good luck on that as well. Just wait till they complete a 4-12 or 3-13 seasons & see what ur new math means :sad:

16. championjets69

Ah have U polled every PSL owner to reach your conclusion? :sad:

17. championjets69

I think of my FR UD seats exactly the same way :sad:

18. Jerseyboyisback

This will always be an ongoing battle. Do you see giants fans complaining no cause they win you will all say but what about the BROWNS OR BENGALS yo see there fans complainong about a pls? No its life of a stadium new to the nj/ny area. Everyone who had bad ass seats either cant poney up the money for can but would rather spend it on sonething else. No issue with that at all! But just to hear people bitch amd complain and not do basic common sense math about it is so funny.

And for your pizza place you find investors not sell some ladie the corner table. And that building and equipment you will later sell unless the place burns down and you have insurance!

#14018 Jerseyboyisback, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  19. Section 227. Row 5

If PSLs are so great you should hold onto all 8 of them. Why sell something so valuable? They're going to make you a lot of money.

I'm kicking myself in the ass. I should have sold my house and bought 50-yard Clubs instead. Hell of an investment.

20. Jerseyboyisback

I wonder everday if im doing right thing selling 4.......but hey you still need a place to live.