17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sooner or later everyone has a breaking point,,,,,some have a higher thresh hold for pain than others,,,,,,,,,everyone has reasons for staying a season ticket holder ( talking upper , gods country seats ) . For me I had enough of the Jets and the Rep bullshit and did not walk away ,, I ran .
    If you remain a ticket holder I say good for you,, if you ran as I did that's great also but the bottom line is Woody and the Jets could care less about you if they did , no way on gods green earth would they treat the fan base as horrible as they have , it is inexcusable !
    Ps the above post is not in regard to the product on the field but on how the jet organization from owner on down treats the fan base,,disgraceful,,,,,,,,so glad I am done with them and deal with them on my terms !

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

cancelling jet season tix to me would be like taking xmas away from a kid. still enjoy the excitement of a good tailgate and the possibility of seeing a great game

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17a I completely understand and relate to the Xmas analogy,,,,,,but it is still Xmas,,,,,,you or anyone else who gives them up can still tailgate and go to games,,,I do . The status that was once attached to having tickets and the people / friends in our section that we grew to know and love each week is GONE .
    This said lets ALL still enjoy the games wherever and with whomever we watch them,,,,,,and hopefully Champ and the rest of us see a freaking Super Bowl before we die,,,I am not greedy I would take one this year but as you get older any year would do :eek:fftopic:

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This about says it. It's not about the product on the fiield, but about what they've done to the season ticketholders. Inexcusable and disgraceful doesn't begin to describe...

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

post draft, there are ALOT more tickets out there than a few weeks ago. many sections have gone down a tiny bit, seems the upper primes and ll tickets have gone up a little.

[​IMG]

6. alleycat9

and one more thing... a big F U to the jets for putting sections 201 and 226 in mezz b without calling them 201b and 226b. wtf is the purpose of that other than to purposely drive me crazy when doing this spreadsheet!!!

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Ladies and Gentlemen UD seats suck all of them. They are a waste of money in the new stadium. If you cant afford a PSL stay home save your money and enjoy the game on an LCD-HDTV. Im officially boycotting the UD by refusing to renew. Its either PSL or stay home for me.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat thanks for the spreadsheet !

9. alleycat9

no problem cbg, i am coming to the point where i actually dont mind going through and doing it. i really want to see how things change after time too. i dont know if i will add another line or just remove one of the previous ones and add in a new one every month until august when the august info will be there. i may leave the original april info and just put the new info in the august line like i did with the post draft info.

right now i am interested if there will be a huge jump in available tickets between now and next month.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nope up to the move to "our" stadium by keeping my seats kept me in the SB lottery now that that reasons has been taken away by Woody I reup so I do not upset the plans of the renters some of who have been renting them over 20 years. If they decided no more then I would just drop out plain & simple.

I still go back to my question why reup & then constantly bellyache about the parking, stadium, tgate etc, etc, etc? :sad:

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's not as easy for some to quit "cold turkey" as it is for others. Our tailgate group has started to shrink each year as ticket holders drop out. Not wanting to leave the group has been a strong reason to stay, but as that group deteriorates we get closer to leaving.

Bellyaching as you describe can lead to results. It's helped the parking a little. I'll continue to bellyache until the new escalators are installed.:lol:

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I tend to believe 227 in this situation, I listened to him last year and got the seats I wanted and could not be happier. If I got stuck where I was, I would have given up, that's how unhappy I was. I figure the only seats not being given up are the seats around the 50 and the first 4 rows around the UD. Being in row 8, I am not expecting anything better at the same price. Love my seats and section. Thanks again 227!!!! LISTEN TO HIM PEOPLE

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Between the 30's in the first 10 rows are good seats considering no PSL's and only $105 per game. I have a bathroom and stairs right outside section 340. Is it the old place, no, but I have gotten used to it and I still prefer sitting Upstairs for football. I would never lock myself in because after 32 years I am nearing the point where I can not go through another coach/QB rebuild. Still believe in Rex and Sanchez.

14. 17a_tailgater

i like my view its not the old stadium but in the 8th row it aint bad. row 16 and higher are really high.

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Keep telling yourselves the seats are good. Of course you're going to defend its where you sit. No thanks for me. Im out. The new stadium is higher than the the old putting you further away from the action. Id rather HD-TV it. :beer:

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok I wake up today read a few of the threads and come back to this one,,,,and what amazes / baffles me is the whole Rube Goldberg design of this place ! What were they thinking ? I mean even if the archetech who drew this thing up never set foot out of his office in Oshkosh wherever,,,,,,,,,,who in their right mind looked at the drawings and decided " oh yeah this is exactly what I wanted, Looks great " and signed off on this mess ? What a bad joke on us , brand new place with all start of the art BS my ass . We all looked forward to it finally being completed and what a difference a few years makes huh ? To quote the birthday boy " I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then "

17. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The stadium design sucks. All the money spent by 2 teams I expected way better. The new stadium is a big disappointment. I like the old place much better.

18. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The lower level is an upgrade, minus the fact that there aren't too many covered seats down there.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Four stadium corner "gates", each corner has one escalator. Out of these four escalator points, one is closed off to fans and is used for commerce only.

Meanwhile, the stadium access is designed symmetrically while the parking is almost entirely on one side of the building.

That's all you need to know, and it spells c-l-u-s-t-e-r-f-u-c-k

20. 17a_tailgater

how many have already decided to not renew this year in the uppers?