17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah the Thanksgiving thing is a killer. No way can I do that and that means not too many other people either, so it won't be easy to sell the tickets for what you normally would get if you had to sell the NE game. Hottest game of the season and they stick it to us on Thanksgiving night.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

^Hopefully it's still the hottest game of the season by the time it finally gets played.

3. Section 227. Row 5

The schedulers must think it'll count and let's hope it does. Maybe we can throw in some surprise Tebow on Bill Belichick's defense.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bag the game and go apple picking, the Jets are not worth missing time with your family, they don't deliver for us like the Giants do for there fans.

5. Section 227. Row 5

This is what I love about my Comcast DVR. No longer does it have to be one or the other. You can still make family engagements and then get home and "make believe" it's kickoff time. The only thing is, you can't turn on the radio or even have the TV tuned to a sports channel when you tuen it on, otherwise you're ready to slash your wrists.

I called my son one day following a spectacular Jets win and he answers the phone and I'm like, "Hey! did you see that game?" and he's like "Dad... don't tell me anything! I DVRed it and I'm only in teh 2nd quarter!"

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Amongst my brother and our friends, we launch every telephone sports conversation on game days with "Are you live?"

I'm sure many others do as well.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i cant watch a game tape delayed.... just cant do it. even if i have no idea what the outcome was i just cant watch it taped.

if i cant watch the game i will just read about it rather than watch it taped. there is something about watching the event live that makes it.

8. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I don't know what the UK/Euro guys on the board do, but I lived in London during the 2009 season, and for the handful of night games that year, which kick off at 1:30am UK time, I DVR'd the game via slingbox, which was connected to a cable box at my parents' house, set the alarm for 90 minutes earlier than usual, rolled out of bed and watched the game with bacon and eggs, FFWDing through commercials, halftime, etc.

When the alternative is staying up 'til 5am on a weeknight with a full day or work ahead of you, or missing the game altogether, DVR is a godsend.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I can understand that completely. My Mother-In-Law is in her 90s and lives out on LI, so every once in a while my wife will say, "We've got to go visit my Mom this Sunday."

Well, okay. Piss off the family and stay home (or go to the game) or go with the flow and use DVR? That's your choice.

So many a time I've been coming back off of the Belt, over the Verazzanno, onto Staten Island, and then Rte 1 South while the 4th Q is still in progress and I'm like, "Honey, whatever you do, don't turn on the fucking radio." My wife knows the drill.

I get home and turn on the DVR game and play "make believe" with real time. Don't fucking call me. My 1PM game ends at 8PM and I'm a happy camper.

10. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

So I figured I would give an update....Im in a win/win as I look at it, Found this place Easyseats in CT who will buy all 8 of my tickets and I make a 1400 profit for the year. No stress of if team does good or bad with Tebow LOL, and if we get home playoff games I still have them.

Also if I should sell my PSL, find someone to give me more $$ or want to keep them and sell games I cant go to I still can.

If anyone is interested in doing that check them out.

11. alleycat9

lets see if this works... i really enjoyed seeing what happened with ticket prices on stubhub when gordongecko was doing it last year.. (gordon i fully jacked your idea, sorry about that) so i am going to try and do something similar this year... like i said i have no idea how to do this so hopefully it works.

[​IMG]

12. alleycat9

not sure why but the colors all went yellow in the transfer from excel on my work pc to open office on my home pc and then to a .jpg image to upload.

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

The yellow is a bit hard on the eyes, might make the prices easier to read though. I guess we will see, Lol!

14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

You can not go off of those prices right now!! we still have the draft and not everyone posted tickets. They will be alot higher than that when the season starts and will go up after the draft!

15. alleycat9

yeah i will at least do it again in july/august. i wanted to see where it was right after the dates were announced so we could get a baseline.

i was actually a bit surprised some of them were as high as they are. i figured they might go down a bit as people are asking what they want right now not necessarily what the market will bear. time will tell. ill try to do it again after the draft or at the beginning of camp. its quite a bit of work to go through all 10 games and get the avg of the lowest 5 asking prices for sets of 2 seats. but i really want to do it so we can all see what is happening....

im going to try to get rid of the yellow, its supposed to be light green and dull orange, much like what gordon did last year. i also added the number of tickets available for each game at the top so we can see if a large number become available or how the prices go when the availablity goes up or down.

16. alleycat9

that should be a little easier on the eyes

[​IMG]

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

nice job Alleycatgecko :beer:

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I took it a step further & would look to see if they won & if they did not I would just erase the tape & have more times to do other things :smile:

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

UD seats arent worth spit. The view sucks from up there. I dont care where you sit its higher than the old stadium and getting up and down is far worse.

20. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

Back in the early 80's I was still in high school and got a job at the local pizza place delivering pizza. I bought myself a VCR and recorded the Jets game every Sunday while I was delivering pizzas. I'd get home at 8pm and watch the games, fast forwarding through the commercials. I'd already know the score, but I still loved watching the games.