17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Your wishful thinking is EXACTLY why the NYJs acquired him. Woody adage is give them hope anything but the SB. Really do U think that TB can bring us the SB say within the next 10 years? If no the next 5? If not what is the use of bringing him abroad? :sad:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaha..... I get quite a kick out of you.

What do we have now? Crystal balls? We should hire The Great Kreskin as a GM to predict the future before we trade for a player?

I mean, how TF are we supposed to know whether a guy will take us to the SB or not? And how many years? Come on, no can predict that!

But yes, I see your point concerning Woody. We are on the same page with this and you know that. Woody's entire game plan for the past 8 years has been, "Give them hope and string them along and do it convincingly enough to sell my cockamamie PSLs and tickets."

So now you caught me buying into Woody's nonsense. Yes, I do have some hope that Sanchez OR Tebow will lead us to the Promised Land. What the hell else do I have to hold onto? 43 years of wandering in the wilderness?

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its not religous hate, its dislike for people that wear it on their sleave like a badge of honor. The NFL is where I got to hide from the real world for 8 hrs. every Sunday. This guy is a self promoting fanatic and I don't like him. Be like Andy Pettite, keep it to yourself, not everyone is religous or Catholic. My in-laws go to Church everyday and that's cool it works for them but they do it for themselves, they don't try to get me and the family to go. And he SUCKS as a QB and the Jets know that because they are doing everything they can to find him a roll except play NFL QB

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

3 Home primetime games and one of them is on Thanksgiving--------my kids would once again have a real hard time attending these and Thanks Giving none of us would be there-------------I will say it again Thank God I gave up my season tickets !:)
    I will pick and choose the games I want and NO preseason for u$ :lol:

I really feel for those of you that have young kids or spend holidays together with family and are unable to attend the nite games---it really sux

#13844 CBG, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I actually like the schedule, it's very family friendly! My kids are very excited to be able to go to the 90% of our home games this season including the 1pm home opener.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Grindhouse I am not sure how old your kids are but mine are still very young and there is no way they could make the nite games and still be alert / good for anything in school the next day . Hell most of the adults I know are pretty shot after a nite game and have trouble getting thru the next day , and this year we have 3 of them at home. If the sched works for you I say thats great but I believe you are the unicorn.
    The nite games is one of the many reasons I gave up my tix and each time the Jets make a move I feel better and better about my decision,,,,,as I said I am glad that it works out for you and yours.

7. championjets69

OK maybe I should have asked the question differently. IYHO would TT lead us to the SB in 2012, if not 2013, if not 2014, if not 2015 & on & on. If no to all those years then why acquire him?

Do you not in your wildest dreams think the Broncs did not attempt to coach him up & correct his flaws?

Look you are a smart guy so I am sure you can find things to do if you decided to give up the season tix. To me not giving up the tix seems to smack of you instructing everybody else in the group what to do but you your self do the exact opposite. Sought of like "do not do I what I do what I say" :sad:

8. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Agreed, everyone I go with takes a half day the next day if they can or calls off. Its very hard to go to night games........And thanksgiving is the worst game too. I remember tickets were going for like 25 bucks, Even vs the pats they will be worth nothing this year on thanksgiving!

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

kids will go to preseason games.
    but i will have to sell my patriot seats bc its thanksgiving night that sucks
    wish the texans game was a sunday night with columbus day off the following day

i hate this schedule.

10. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I miss the days when the NYJETS played primarily at 1 on Sundays. Prime Time my ass, id rather be under the radar and get the job done. Monday night games/holiday games have always been a tough sale, be prepared to give them away I dont care who they are playing. People would rather sit home and watch the game with family and friends.

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

My kids are between the ages of 7-11 and the only home game they will be missing is the Texans game. Compared to the last two years this schedule is great for younger kids, there is only one night game which lands on a school night/night before school.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

I prefer night games but I also have no kids. Work the next day is always brutal though. It isn't too bad though Thanksgiving night there's no school the next day and the Chargers game there's no school the next day (I still think that game gets flexed out).

I've been looking on stubhub and all the "decent" upper deck seats are listed on there. This is definitely a game by the Jets.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa...

Like I say, I get quite a kick out of you.

This one is precious.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Like you say, "Prime Time" my ass. The only Prime Time in my opinion is a 1PM Home Game kickoff. All the rest are NOT prime time. Not for the home fans anyway.

Monday Night "Prime Time" sucks. Sunday Night "Prime Time" sucks too. Thursday Night "Prime Time?" Well, yeah, it sucks even worse.

15. Section 227. Row 5

We get fucked all over again.

16. championjets69

Use the consumer rights laws to obtain a refund LOL :sad:

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Five of the first six home games are 1pm, that's awesome. We have a Primetime game in October, perfect weather at night. The Charger night game is late in the year and if we suck, as most of you predict, that will be moved to 1pm. I had a blast Thanksgiving night, most people are off the next day and I was able to skip out on my family at 6pm and get some fresh air and have a few in the lot. I love the schedule as long as the Charger game is moved and we don't get flexed.

18. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I would love to know why so many people hate the schedule?

19. Section 227. Row 5

I actually don't hate it now. I wrote "We get fucked all over again" before I even looked at it.

So now I actually like it. Plenty of 1PM games. We can't expect any more than 5 out of 8 1PM kickoffs. Just hope none of them get flexed.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Columbus Day I do apple picking with my family every year. 3 of the 4 years we have now played a Monday night game on that day. 2009 at Miami 2010 home against the Vikes and now 2011 against the Texans. So I miss the apple picking with my family which has been a tradition that I have been doing since I was a boy. We have played a home Thanksgiving game 2 of the last 3 years an it's against Tom Fucking Brady. Gonna miss that game just like I did in 2010.