17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

8-5 with 3 games to play.

sanchez doesnt fumble on the 1 plax doesnt get called for a push off and we clinch with a win over the giants.we where dead walking into miami.i already saw that movie the ending sucks.

relax Tany makes some good moves and our draft pick this year is an instant help combined with year 3 of kyle wilson and wilkerson becoming a threat on the end.

free agents i want to keep
    pouha
    turner
    maybin
    westerman
    leonhard

i want to see
    scott chandler TE & ronnie Brown RB brought in

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I understand the frustration, but I came to this thread for interesting bits about the stadium.

If we're officially done with that please have the name changed to "SOJ Fans Piss and Moan".

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

FO.

We talk about what we want here. You don't like it, go find another thread for your "interesting bits about the stadium."

4. 17a_tailgater

this thread has become its own little club.we sway from the stadium topic from time to time but always revert back to posting helpful tips about the stadium. whether its seats that have become abandoned by fellow fans or the lies that the sacks of shit front office try to feed us.

so im sorry our topic has run off course but so what we do as we please.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you have something to add I am willing to read it----as of this moment I have no new news to report about Met Life but info can come in at anytime so stay tuned :wink:

In keeping with thread and will repeat THE NEW PLACE BLOWS :wink:

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days "

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Welcome to NY Junc worlds of made up world of coulda, woulda, shoulda :sad:

7. Section 227. Row 5

This thread is hysterical. What a collection of misfits, myself included. I love it.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We all want to win the Super Bowl so bad, but I get the feeling that some people have a " told you so" attitude with the PSL's and to make that statement true, we would have to suck and spiral into Jet land as we did in the early 90's. I guess that's the only good thing if we have another Jet debacle. I just refuse to pile on at this point. I am sticking with the GM, coach and QB for one more year. They earned it and we still have a lot of talent and the leaders to get things fixed in the locker room. Its time Revis and Mangold earn there big $. It does not have to be the QB. I can't go through another Coach/QB refresh, I thought these 2 were the ones just like Parcells/Vinnie, Herm/Chad and Mangini/Chad. I don't have another 5 years in me. And if the Giants win, I might puke all over my Jet gear

#13248 sec314, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree? I kind of agree. We fucked up this year. We can bounce back. The stadium can't though.

The way I look at it, is that I made my PSL decision two years ago, am happy with the decision, and have moved on from that. I don't begrudge anybody who put up the cash for better seats. However, the PSL/Non-PSL debate has nothing to do with my dissatisfaction of the stadium. They did an absolute terrible job planning and building it. I don't think there's even a question about that. Any Giants fans in Indy this weekend will return wondering why they couldn't get a stadium anything near what the Colts have. Never mind Jerry-World in Dallas, most newer stadiums are far superior to this one. That includes Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Prudential Center.....

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LOGESECTION2 I hear you and I also kinda agree. If you or anyone else is happy with your seats, whether they are PSL or not--thats cool with me and I understand. That said we both agree that the NEW stadium was planned very poorly . I know you and others see me on this thread at times debating with people especially people who don't say the stadium has flaws or that the organization cannot possibly do any wrong and are just so rah rah it makes one ill. You and I and many others on here bleed green despite where we sit, or sat, or are going to sit.
    I cannot speak for anyone else but I will never ever forget how the Jets and their Reps spoke to me ! Many of them (that is most ) were full of shit and lied to me--repeatedly about availability of seats and many other well documented things on this thread. They told me I was "misinformed" I "misunderstood" or just had "it wrong " when I was right on the money with what I was questioning or asking. So when ever I post on this thread I will always have those conversations I had with the Jets and the Reps in the back of my mind :wink:
    I have gone to games since Shea but did not get season tix in my name until the 90's,,,and this is how I feel I can only imagine how guys who had tickets since the 70 's or 80's and were treated similar to me FEEL ! The whole situation was handled beyond poorly and the Jets are going to scramble big time ( imo ) to fill that place next year. I will still go,,I will pick and choose the games I want,,,but I will never forget the bullshit I had to put up with with all those phone calls and face to face meetings---a shame really that it came to that / this .

I still have some faith in Tanny and Rex it is just not BLIND faith as it once was---shame on me for feeling that way. I honestly feel that it is SHUTUP and PUT UP time for Tanny and Rex but I think you guys know what I mean .

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days "

11. Section 227. Row 5

I hope you don't include me in the "told you so" or "want to see a downward spiral" category. I was two minutes and a click away from buying SB tickets and booking reservations last year and the year before.

None of us should confuse anyone's dislikes for the stadium or particularly their disdain for the stadium prices with wanting the Jets to win. Make that distinction, man.

But this thread has always been about stadium discussion and PSLs and ticket prices, etc. And that is going to be affected by our now unfortunate 8-8 status as our W-L record is definitely relevant.

So no one that I know of around here doesn't want our Jets to win. But we still have to be real about where we are now and what we see happening that is going to get us out of 8-8.

No one is piling on the bad choice to buy a PSL. No need to pile on. It was a bad choice then and still a bad choice now. Woody's ticket prices are through the roof and this spring will prove it to him. Something's going to have to be done with the outrageous prices or 1/3 of the stadium will be empty.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Downward to me is more like 6-10 or 5-11 or even worse

With the amount of players that need upgrading or just plain cutting the NYJs will need years to again even attempt to become a powerhouse team. That is why I say RRs tenure with the team is dicey at best since his contract expires at the end of 2013 season

Yes I am disappointed in El Cid as up to now he is not proved he can make a snap decision. Hopefully they give him a OL & he can improve in that area

Here is how I see our future

RR is NOT renewed at the end of 2012 season making him a lame duck in the players eyes

New HC is hired

New HC analyzes the players & staff (let the blood lettering begin)

New HC system is introduced to the players

All of that takes several season to implement if successful. If not 3 more years go by & the HC after RR is fired

That is why I say the 10 year losing plan is in place & the 1st the effects of it will be the UDers. As I said before the PSLers are locked & there money is already in Woody's hip pocket

:sad:

13. Section 227. Row 5

This post is not doing my morale any good because I don't want to be reminded of:

Bruce Coslet:
    New HC is hired

Bill Parcells:
    New HC is hired

Herm Edwards:

New HC is hired

Eric Mangini:
    New HC is hired

Rex Ryan:
    New HC is hired

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Usually a pretty big Superbowl Party at my house but due to the events it has been toned down this year. Never the less the game and get together will happen so I have sent all my friends e mails , texts and notices regarding the PSL's that will take place Sunday.

Years past it was plenty of seating and sit where you like with TV's upstairs and downstairs.

This year I take a page from Woodys playbook ---if people want to have access to better food and the 55 inch TV with bathroom nearby,,they must bring a nicer dip or Chili or whatever they choose.

OTHERWISE

they must slum it upstairs in my living room---longer walk to the bathroom---and watch on the 40 inch tv------PS THEY ALSO MAY NOT PARK in my driveway but are relegated to street parking !-----anyone got anything they can add ?-----227 what should I charge :wink:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

#13255 sec314, Feb 3, 2012
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

17. 17a_tailgater

gold star post of the day

18. LogeSection2RowJ

SURE! I expect that if the game stays close to the end, and we all attempt to leave at the same time, your stairs and doorways will be far far too narrow for us to safely pass through - of course because of the extra corporate areas you added for your front and rear door sponsors. We will experience a bit of fear for our safety but we won't mind since your house is a "premier facility"

19. Section 227. Row 5

#13259 Section 227. Row 5, Feb 3, 2012
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeap, it was me. There schmere, your team wins the stadium does not matter because you are happy. That's my point regardless of how its spelled.