17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaa......

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

At the rate things are going, the Jets will negotiate ticket prices with each of us on a per game basis to get us to stay. At least in the upper deck, that is.

3. sg3

sg3 Banned

I think that would actually be a good idea because the upper deck is pretty much irrelevant. Eventually other than the prime first four rows, the entire rest of that tier will be sold on an annual and then an individual basis through ticketmaster.

And the same number of seats will be filled that way as are currently

4. Section 227. Row 5

If we back in, it'll probably be enough for now to keep ticket prices somewhat stable and keep unsuspecting, newbie, inexperienced season ticketholders still thinking somewhat positively about their purchase. Son't forget, "there's always next year." And we're going to "build on" what we have and Sanchez will in in his 4th year, therefore he'll be much, much more improved, etc.... you get the idea.

But if we lose in Miami, or God Forbid, lose badly in Miami, this is not going to sit well with people who shelled out thousands. Again, I'm not talking about the guy whose family owns a lumber yard or bowling alley or tire store or some other family business that enables a nice tax deduction. I'm talking about the individual who bought into this fiasco.

If we get down like we did against the Eagles, for example, and El Guapo is saddled with trying to throw our way out of a deficit again only to stink up the field unmercifully again, this game could become something we look back on as being the straw that broke the camel's back. Another nasty, disgusting, humiliating performance (especially if all the other help arrives to get us in, and we lose the game anyway), then I say Woody leaves prices alone or very close to zero increase, because defections will run rampant.

Today's average Jets fan doesn't know the heartache. They're looking for instant gratification. And Ryan promised it to them. It was practically a given in August that we're in the playoffs. Superbowl contenders! Buy into this man, it doesn't get any better!

A demoralizing smack down on Sunday will have these people looking at their PSL bill and ticket package going, "WTF am I doing? THis is nuts?"

5. Section 227. Row 5

I could see this happening and the stadium being sold out this way, but prices wouldhave to be VERY realistic. I am talking pricing the Primes at about $115 and pricing the rest of the rows strictly by closeness to the field:

Sideline Rows 5-8, $90.
    SL Rows 8-12, $75
    SL Rows 12-16, $60
    SL Rows 16-20, $45
    SL Rows 20 and up, $30
    Corners and EZs, take another $10 off of that.

Now you fill the uppers, maybe.

6. Section 227. Row 5

The above is possible to do because you can make up the revenue by nailing the PSL people. You've got most of them by the balls by now. Most of the defaults and worthless credit card purchases and regegging buyers have been flushed out. The only PSL holders who remain now are the ones on the hook but good. So now that the hook is set, you reel them in. They're on the line and can't get off the hook.

the thing that always amazed me about the process from the beginning was the number of gullable people who posted on here stating things like, "Woody wouldn't do something like that because that wouldn't be very nice," or "The economy won't stand it and it's just not the right time to raise prices," or "Woody wouldn't do that because his public image would be tarnished."

I mean, come on. Woody already did this in his first 7.5 years and none of the above stood in his way. It's about increasing the value of the franchise, and the only way you do that is to prove to a future investor or buyer that this club has pricing power.

Well now that the PSLs have been sold, it has that pricing power. The only thing left is to give it the gas. The average PLS owner will go along with it. He has to. But besides, he's a business owner who can take the deduction. So fuck it, they'll pay and it's got nothing to do with being a nice guy and everything to do with making all the money you can make off this thing.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Time will tell what they do but history has a way of repeating and Woody and the Jets have done it before--I cannot see them not banging people each and every year regardless of how the team does.
    The prices 227 posted would make sense to alot of people including me but sadly this is business and the Jets won't ever ask for LE$$ when all they want is MORE :sad:

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

what's with the El Guapo reference, my good friend?

did you refer to Kenny O'Brien as "El Micko" or Vinny Testaverde as "El Woppo"

In the spirit of this joyous season, I'll just assume it was a typo

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have already begun my thought process of how i will handle my seat this offseason....
    let the games begin.i have the upper hand..well sitting in the uppers. they want my $$$ and without a PSL i dont have to give it. as the row behind me 8 seats in total sold all year on stubhub.and the jags phins chargers bills KC games sold for peanuts i mean literally peanuts.so 3 games out of the year i'd pay $50 more???? i would still save $$ and if the weather looks bad....im staying home with the flat screen no line for the bathroom and beer cheaper than $11.75 each.

i spend $75 a game on a 6 pack of beer am i nuts???? a drunk yes but really $75 and the pats game u dont want to know how much i drank that night

i am well trained in this field since 2008 when it all began

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A ---I commend you----but no need to make a rash decision, I mean the season is still on life support and the Jets won't be calling for a while . Take some more time to think about it and when they do get around to calling you , tell them "No Thank You I am done".

This said I know you are already well versed in Jetrep LIES 101 ---> so when the rep starts telling you about mother goose and jack be nimble and other fairy tales please try not to giggle too hard or laugh too loud as the poor guy or gal is just doing there job. :lol:

:beer:

11. Section 227. Row 5

This is a well thought out plan. The plan is geared around beer prices. Brilliant! And I am serious about this, fellas.

I don't know why I've never thought about this, but 17A is a genius. A 6-pack of beer is $75.00. Are we out of our fucking minds?

12. Section 227. Row 5

You're against compliments? El Guapo means "the good looking one."

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

in that case, I humbly apologize

sensitive, I guess because most of the things posters call Mark beginning with "El" are not complimentary but I should have looked it up before shooting off my big mouth.

as to the subject of what to do re upper deck tickets for 2012.... I have to agree that the plan proposed by 17a is probably a good one for all those in the upper tier... certainly anybody not in the sideline first four rows. Increase or not pretty much every seat sucks and cherry picking is probably a very good alternative.

Could be worse, though -- you could be a Midget fan stuck up there with a 5000 PSL for row 26 on the 50 yard line. Those poor souls with 1000 dollar PSLs for row 26 deep in the deepest end zone aren't actually as bad off since it only costs them a thousand to bail out, but 5000 for the top of midfield --- those poor schmucks are pretty much trapped in the upper ionosphere for GOOD

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The DTV Sunday Tix HD is A++++++++++. Way better then the cable providers such as TW

:grin:

15. Section 227. Row 5

I was watching a financial discussion last night about the possibility of some (or many) tax deductions being substantially reduced or eliminated by 2013. Apparently there is language built into the Obamacare Bill that automatically reduces or limits tax deductions if this Bill (or parts of it) are not repealed before then. If nothing is done and cannot get passed to restrict this, it will automatically go into effect.

And I got to thinking that if Jets Season Tickets and/or some other "Travel and Entertainment" duductions would somehow no longer be allowed (or severely reduced), this would spell disaster for future ticket sales and/or PSL resales. If the owner of a business who has acquired some wealth (and who, let's face it, has an immense target on his back right now because he is "rich" and that of course is dispicable and cannot be allowed), cannot deduct his annual Jets Ticket invoice as a legitimate business expense, all of a sudden he looks at this cash outlay completely differently.

If it so happens that this sort of thing is not deductable, look out below. The guys will be saying, "Screw this, I'm not shelling out this kind of money out of my pocket anymore." This would put a huge damper on Woody's ability to price these tickets off the planet.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I would think with our collapse forthcoming that Woody will have a hard time under any circumstances selling PSLs way before the Obamacare issue is settled. Once the season is over & we are not a PO team & the media starts using that ugly R word (for rebuilding) since maybe 1/2 of the starters have to go between O & D PSLs will be worth next to nothing if they are not already worth nothing :sad:

17. Section 227. Row 5

The PSLs were a bad idea for the Jets even amidst all the hope and optimism and Ryan Blustering and winning seasons of late. The Jets had no waiting list left and the PSLs and higher ticket prices were a hard sell even despite all the optimism.

It's hard to imagine what might happen in a downturn. Five or six seasons of mediocrity and .500 W/L will be a disaster for this franchise in terms of filling seats. It's going to be quite horrible looking at the games on TV, and as the camera pans the audience, you see 60-65% vacancies.

18. sg3

sg3 Banned

doom

doom

impending doom

24/7

the only strange part is all the anguish and hand wringing at this forum about PSL doom comes pretty much from the Upper Tier which has none (and a few that don't even have tickets anywhere)

not much of it (if any) from the 55000 seats in the lower level and mezz level

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i dont wait around.the minute the season is over i call them.i was the first to be relocated last year too.i have dealt with the same guy and the jets have been very cooperative with me. i have changed my seats 3 times in this new stadium

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A slight math flaw detected in this theory by a man who takes his beer seriously.

Six expensive stadium beers ='s more fluid oz's than your normal store bought sixer. The $11 beers are at least 16 oz.

BUT, at the stadium there is a spill factor getting back to your seat, so, it may just even out after all :beer: