17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe so if you use todays pricing you would have paid 1900 dollars for each of those home playoff games.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337 EXACTLY :metal:

If the Jets are lucky enough to host a playoff game I will be there----I will pay more above the face if I have to but with all the ca$h I saved thusfar on season tix I won't really care---I am also lucky enough to have friends that are asking me each week if I want to go to games as they bought PSL'S and have seats------------or if there is a playoff game, my 50 inch TV in the mancave is an option :grin:

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Speaking personally, yes. I would have paid it had the opportunity for decent seats been there for me. However, they held back so many seats from the long-timers that the choices weren't great when we had our chance to choose. 31 years, and with 6 seats I could only get End Zone.

Also, He may have been able to the year before the stadium opened. Once we all had the opportunity to spend a wet season way up there, no way. I'm sure there are plenty of Giants fans with regrets.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

In the past couple years before home field was clinched, the Jets playoff tickets started at about twice face value on stubhub and only kept going down. My guess is you can get Upper deck seats for under $150 on SH

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

For me being a season ticket holder I didn't mind the preseason. I never miss a game except the occasional preseason game. In the old stadium I sat around most of the same people for 19 years (1991 - 2009) and a lot of them have become good friends out of it. There was also a "status" you felt by being a season ticketholder. Maybe some of you can relate maybe some of you think I'm crazy but whenever I said I had Jets season tickets people were jealous. I mean I'm 31 and single still party hard and I know some nice looking girls in their mid 20s who will throw themselves at me on occasion in hopes I will bring them to a game even in the new place.

When they built the new place it's totally different. There's a few people there every week but not as many and tons of fights. Plus it's a huge inconvenience now having to give myself a lot more time due to the long lines to get in and then the 3 escalators going up. I just wonder is it worth it? My dad is done after this season. My sister is undecided. I may try to plus hard ball and wait until August to buy tickets in a lower row on the aisle without preseason. I may go the stubhub route or I may do what a few friends do which is tailgate and bring a tv to the lot and tailgate the entire game and never go in. Still get to watch the game, save $95 on the ticket price and can still eat and drink the entire time.

6. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

You may not be able to do that for too long.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44217709/ns/sports-nfl/

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I was at the Raider Game yesterday & there new policy is gates open up only 2 hours before the game. By the time U get in set up etc very little time to TG if U want to see the opening KO

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Saw on TV people walking in easily with no searching, let alone metal detectors. I thought the cops were going heavy handed on the thugs out there?

9. championjets69

Sorry what you saw was NOT the case. Everybody was patted down all bottles with liquids had to be discarded, no plastic bags that fly in the wind etc, etc, etc. However once in the stadium there was plenty of alcoholic beverages besides beer for sale by the Raiders :jets:

What you might have seen is the 2nd level where U showed ur tix so since U had been patted down @ level 1 they did not pat U down a 2nd time :jets:

#12509 championjets69, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Are you saying they sell hard liquor inside the stadium? If they do, that explains all the nonsense out there. Those people are whacked out enough without drinking hard booze. It must have been quite a hostile environment for a Jets fan I would imagine.

11. championjets69

Yes that is what I am saying that hard liquor is dispensed for a price. Besides the usual joshing between Raiders fans & me which was done in fun it was a extremely pleasant experience for me. My bro & I were invited to several Raider TGates & those fans were AOK in my book just rooting for a team other then the NYJs :jets:

12. Section 227. Row 5

I am imagining a Halloween party on steriods.

13. championjets69

Well it was not anything like U imagined. They were quite civilized just that they were passionate Raider fans no difference then us NYJ fans just that they root for a team other then the NYJs

If U are inferring that only the Raiders have crazy fans which I doubt then U have to accept all teams including us have our fair share of crazy fans. Just like at the recent fights at the Ravens & guns at the Niners & NYJ games. If you want to go deeper into craziness then that bearing of the SFG fan @ the Dodger game comes to mind. I hope U R not stereo typing all for the few who may be a tad on the crazy side

14. Section 227. Row 5

Not at all. The word "fan" is derived from "fanatic." I'm glad you had a good time out there in the land of the fruits and nuts.

15. championjets69

Thanks for the info on fanatic & fan.

I depart tomorrow for home & will leave the land of fruits & nuts behind me for a while

Calif is always nice to visit but naturally my zeal was dampened by yesterdays loss :sad:

16. Section 227. Row 5

Commiefornia is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. The place has been bankrupt for years and they're just now realizing it. Californication is rampant. If you think you've got illegal immigrant problems in Texas, that's just the tip of the iceberg. No thank you.

17. championjets69

Well my bro resides here so to him this state is top of the line. As for all those things U mentioned well at least the illegal is a problem in Texas, NM, AZ as well as Calif. It would be hard pressed to determine which state is worse off as to accept what U read in the news is just plain BS since they know just as little about it as everybody else. I have a associate in Homeland Security who gave me a tour when I was with him in El Paso & I actually saw illegals cross the border go across the street to a church where it is safe for them to go & they cannot be arrested because the church is a place that is off limits to HS. If you ask where was the border patrol that answer
    is it was there lunch hour & they were out to lunch & the BP did not have a relief crew available according to my friend. I also saw how they track the illegals from the border to that church & how they prepare the ground in the daylite so they can see what goes on at nite. Since I was there he has sent me pix of the fence that was built & now has gaping holes in it which he said is done by using bolt cutters by the illegals. This is your government at work & remember the gov of Texas is a conservative GOPer

#12517 championjets69, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  18. Section 227. Row 5

It has to stop because the legal, hard-working, taxpayer whose SS number is known to the IRS, is footing the bill for all the under-the-table nonsense. Bring your pregnant wife across and have her go into an emergency room and deliver and right away the baby is a legal citizen and now you can't deport the mother or especially the father because the baby needs to be supported.

But this is probably fodder for the BS forum and not here. Just sayin'... I'm not a big fan of living in Californication from an economic standpoint. The scenery is lovely but so is Long Beach Island, the Poconos and the NY skyline. At least we have some governors out here who get it, unlike the state of Commiefornia which is going bankrupt by the minute and who will eventually drag down the entire US because they won't put their foot down.

It's no wonder Raiders fans are the angry assholes they are. And it has nothing to do with football.

19. championjets69

Well thankfully at least that is my bro's problem since he is a Californian & I am plain old good boy from Texas

Yes 2 of the illegals I saw that day were prego's but the only people who can stop it if they choose are the Feds & state gov's & unless they want to take quite harsh action it will continue. However, recently there have been reports that a reverse has begun because of the no work job unemployment problem we are presently experiencing but like everything the papers say I take it with a grain of salt.

Concerning the weather you can live in the land of fruits & nuts & never see snow or ice which is not the case you mentioned with your locations & yes I am sure there maybe a hi stress level now exists amongst the Calif taxpayers over there money situation

20. Section 227. Row 5

You-All ain't no "Plain Ole Good Boy" from Texas and yawl fuckin'-A knows that. Yawl is wunna them Yankee transplant fellers from up New York way that ain't got no manners and still roots fer them fuckin' "New Yawk" teams instead of our good ole down-home 'Boys.

So don't be givin' us nunna yer Yankee shit wile yawl admit ta havin' "renters" in yer yankee seets in yer new-fangled fuckin stadeeum up their. Wee don't cotton to no outsiders no way anyhow, sew take yer Californ-I-Aye trips and stick 'em wear the son don't shine.