17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaa... yes, we're talking and quite frankly, I'm elated.

But a "simple math post?" You couldn't have stated my case any better! 50 bucks per seat per game for the rest of the useful life of the stadium?

I mean, let's face it, 20 years from now they'll knock this stadium down, claiming all kinds of outlandish things like, "the escalators suck" and "there are not enough men's rooms" and "the sightlines really stink," etc. Pretty much the same things we're saying today.

So, the bottom line is, today's PSL "owner" owns nothing 20 years from now when the place is demollished. We start over.

"The new stadium, ladies and gentlemen, will be State of the Art. PSLs start at $50,000 for the Uppers and go as high as $500,000 for the Sideline Lower Club Seats. Truly a bargain."

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yes, 50 bucks a seat if it's 20 years. Not so bad. Its not baseball where its 80 games, or hoops where its 40 games. Its ten games. I have two seats. So it's an added 1000 bucks a year on top of the ticket cost to sit (for me) in the 8th row on the 25. Again, not that big of a deal. We'll all be dead anyway in 50 years and our kids and grandkids will all go to college and be successful Doctors and Lawyers so I dont know what you're carrying on about. :)

Hopefully we win a Super Bowl or 2.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You don't know what I'm carrying on about, yet you love to follow my posts and stick your $.02 in! LOL

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

You're the star of the thread

5. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Thanks to Woody and those PSL's everybody that was on that long list was given a chance to become a Jets STH and choose their seats.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if U R saying because of my FR UD sideline seats he has positive thoughts of the stadium then remember you had the SAME opportunity to secure my seats when then were available :smile:

7. championjets69

Sorry guy I totally disagree with you on this. Woody will not under circumstances lower tix prices nor not make us buy the pre season games. Also kindly remember 1/2 of the stadium is owned by the other FB team in NYC so I guess that all the things you are pointing out that U dislike in the stadium the owner of the other team approved also & his STHers were forced to BUY PSLs for the UD & also buy the PS games. I would highly suspect that the day after we win our next SB Woody implements PSLs in the UD :sad:

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Funny that this was something all of us in the Uppers worried about two years ago, but not now since its becoming obvious how unappealing the Upper deck seats are it's been the opposite - so far.

I don't know Champ, I would have agreed with you before last season, but now after living with the hassle of the MetLife Upper Deck I don't think I agree. It will only happen with an SB win AND a very strong economic rebound, and even with that its questionable. I highly doubt that the Jets and Giants owners are anything but shocked at the poor design and engineering of this Upper level. They ought to be steaming mad at the designers/ architects.

Wait til you make it up here for a game in your seats Champ. You'll see what we're talking about. Not just the view, but the logistics of the escalators, time it takes getting in, crazy detours because of inadequate space that creates dangerous conditions near the escalators, an upper concourse that seems LESS finished than Giants Stadium, it being the only new stadium in the area without elevators for the regular fan, and on and on....

Price has increased, yet VALUE has decreased despite the better team we're watching. Not a good combo.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

buddy im not mad at my location. im the last section in the $95 before its $105. hell your paying $30 more per seat a game than me. im mad b/c im neightbor is a new sth and he didnt have to buy preseason and free parking.
    i will play the new game next year too.i used to be worried about where i sat b/c of commrodary and the other sth around me. that has long past.
    so nothing is special about my seats. i will jump from year to year

10. championjets69

Well dude then U should keep ur frustrations to ur self. Also remember I LEASE those seats so I am out of POCKET NOTHING,NADA, ZERO. Also if my FR seats were not the reason why did U even bring them up in the 1st place as one of the reasons the lessor liked my the stadium? :smile:

11. championjets69

Hey all we are doing is speculation something akin to buying & selling stocks depending on which way your ouija board tells U the market will be heading. Time naturally will tell who is right in the ultimate end

You are also IMHO forgetting that the other team in town owns 1/2 of the stadium as well & there UDers are paying PSLs & have to go thru the same discomforts supposedly as NYJ fans have to go thru :jets:

#12491 championjets69, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  12. championjets69

Well it depends if the glass is half full or half empty. Yes people from the wait list were only able to secure tix because so many STHers GAVE UP there seats because they did not want to pay a PSL fee or felt moving up to the UD was not a good choice :jets:

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will chime in if I may-----
    2 years ago when I took my seats in the NEW PLACE (sec 342) I would have paid a PSL in a heartbeat--I am saying had the Jets done to us what the Giants did ( Giants upper ticket holders had to pay $1000 per seat )to their fans in the uppers I would have bit I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that was not the deal as I took my uppers and like many of you hated the whole design of the new place , the altitude, the reps BS and was " one and done "!!

Last year I spent $4600 Plus on season tix---------I gave them up after ONE YEAR-----and this year I no longer own season tix in my name , AM I UNHAPPY?

I have tickets to 6 of the 8 games ( tix and parking passes cost me a total of $ 2885 ) and am sitting in much lower sections and we / my family are having a much better game day experience ! Oh did I fail to mention NO pre$ea$on tix for me. Do the math 4600 - 2885 = CBG is a happy camper :grin:

For any of you that have kept the tickets in your name I say thats really cool enjoy the games but for those of you on the fence about bailing , let me say there is life and Jet games after you tell the REPS you are done!

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Not only that, you didn't have to pay up May 1st.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great debate fellas. Just glad no PSL's in the UD like the Giants or else I would still be in sec 319 without any chance of moving in the UD. Why Woody really did it, who knows but he really did us a favor and screwed himself. If we all paid 1k the first year, all the UD'ers would be stuck with there original seats, powerless like the rest of the fans and the Jets would not have to make all these deals to sell those crappy seats.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

do you guys think woody would have been able to sell all the upper deck seats with a 1k psl? i have to assume he realized his waiting list wasnt as strong as it seemed when he decided to have no psl for the uppers.

i fucking hate everything about psls. pay for the right to be stuck no matter what the team does to me. i am surprised there are so many people that dont have an issue with it.

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

How about if the Jets were to get a home playoff game...or a couple? Playoff tickets would be jacked up pretty high on Stubhub.

18. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Don't you have lower level PSL's?

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

over my dead body would they rob me of money simply for the right to fuck me. no way no how, never in a million years.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've had my tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old. Since then we've had 2 home playoff games. If you factor in not paying for preseason which is $190 per ticket for my 2 games in the upper endzone I don't think I'd find playoff tickets going for $190 over face value.