17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

One day update for tomorrow's game (taken at 12:30 pm). 1461 tickets left:

[​IMG]

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks to 227, who spear headed a lot of us to call and demand an upgrade or we were over and out, I am less of an ass hole then I was last year. I am much, much happier then I was last year with my seats and bathroom situation, its right outside my section. Lets just get us a bye week, 2 playoff home wins and a Super Bowl and then tell the Jets to shove it. Another thing, now you have to keep your bottle of water sealed and they take the cap off so if you are like me, take an extra cap and hide it and dont' open your water, let them do it.

#12442 sec314, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm 3 seats as well. I was actually offered 347 it must have been your seats it was row 10 or 11 can't remember. I just know there was a group of 6 a few rows in front of me that moved no problem and they could have given me 3 of those. Either way I can't justify the ticket prices. I'm better off staying in the parking lot and not watching on tv. I give Woody Johnson the biggest fuck job possible that a fan can give. I don't spend a cent in his stadium but I still get to eat and drink in the lot and be with other Jets fans.

4. GordonGecko

1-Hour update for today's game. 177 tickets left:

[​IMG]

For today's game, it would have really paid to wait last minute for lower endzone and for upper prime (front rows)

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

See what you wrote perfectly proves that what P.T. Barnum wrote maybe 75 years ago or more is still true today that there is a "sucker born every minute" concerning RR boasting.

While I certainly hope his boast this year comes true I am doubtful based on what I have seen especially with the O off the 1st 2 games played. I will see them live & in person this Sunday as I am visiting my bro who lives in the Bay Area & secured tix for the game :jets:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can't believe what happened to the Upper Primes in the last hour.... $47.80? These seats are $125 face. And the weather was gorgeous and a 1PM game and it'll be an easy win and we're definitely goin' to the SuperBowl this year and... well, all kinds of reasons to love this game. $47.80.

I am looking at Dolphins prices now and of course, the Upper EZs are already selling WAY below face. Who TF bought those things on a seasonal basis in the first place?

You'd have to be out of your mind to renew those Row 26 EZs... what with having to pay for Preseasons and all. I mean, talk about total losers.

All I can say is, if you think the Jets had a tough time selling those initial season tickets and PSLs, wait until after the season's over and people start bailing in droves. The Jets are either going to have to live with 33% occupancy in the UD or start doing drastic promos to keep those people in their seats. I am talking significant price reductions, no Preseasons, free parking, whateer it takes. This is some serious shit. The Jets hae to realize what the market is telling them and they'd better prepare for people deserting the UD by the thousands.

7. championjets69

Actually while I fully agree with what U posted I think the depressing loss again in last years AFCCG left a whole lot of NYJ fans wondering if RR boasting of a winning a SB will ever come to pass. I am sure the many things that U & others have pointed out about the new stadium also contributes to lack of zeal that was in place some years back. :jets:

8. Section 227. Row 5

In many ways I may have contributed to a lack of enthusiasm for UD seating, but honestly, anyone going there for the first time gets all the things we've been discussing. It is really up there (and spread out).

Yeah, the RR boasting thing is a little like the reverse of the boy who cried wolf. After awhile, you listen to it and say, "Yeah... right. We're goin' to the Superbowl."

But I am still hopeful. Last year was the 2nd time in many years that I was actually lining up motels, SB tickets, etc., and ready to pull the trigger had we won that last game. And that certainly beats going 4-12 and listening to Eric Mangini talk about "Goldilocks and the Three Phases" or Herman Edwards preaching about "You play to win" and then falling on our faces.

This guy RR has rekindled hope here in NY, which we hadn't had in a VERY long time. But this is also what is so baffling to me as to the ticket prices. If there is so much optimism in NY for the Jets, you'd think the games would be a sellout and ticket sales soaring. Instead, it's just the opposite.

This tells me that if and when we ever hit the skids again, these Season Ticket packages and PSLs will plummet like a mechanically disabled P-51 vintage airplane at an air show. This also tells me (and should tell Woody Johnson) that these freaking things are way overpriced.

I don't care about the new stadium. I don't care about what the stadium looks like or how many freaking amenities it has. All I ever wanted to do was go to a football game and watch football. So yeah, the tickets are way overpriced and StubHub bears this out. Woody is going to get the message that football fans don't give two shits about lounges and luxury boxes, they only want to go to a parking lot and tailgate and then go inside a stadium (and I don't care if it's Orange and Black and has "Linden High School Stadium" plastered all over it), guys just want to go to an AFFORDABLE game and watch the Jets. If it remains overpriced and we happen to go into a major slide, you won't be abel to give the freaking things away. The comfort of your living room with HDTV beckons loud and clear....

9. GordonGecko

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I disagree entirely that fans are fed -up with Rex's promises. I'd need about 5 more years of that to feel that way. 99% of us can imagine him accepting the VLT on our behalf. Just don't know when. All I ever wanted is for this team to year in and year out be amongst the small group of contenders. We're there now. Rex won't be content with that, and neither should we be - but I'll take that over one free-agent-induced miracle run, followed by a dismantling (think of the 1997 Marlins) of the roster. Most of us want a strong program - like Pittsburgh's.

Just as Citi Field's dimensions were engineered and planned for the steroid era when SS's where routinely hitting the ball 400 ft, this stadium was financially planned for the previous economy. I also strongly believe Jets fans are suffering for the Giants supply/demand for their tickets. This stadium was conceived to milk (or should I say, bilk?) that 50 year 100,000 name wait list for Giants seats. It was not planned for our own supply/demand.

I don't think fans are bored with the team AT ALL. In fact, if you were living here you'd be seeing something you've never seen before - Jets merchandise selling more than Giants in stores this season. We're getting more excitement and more buzz with the RR Jets than we've had before. Not even close.

Fans in the lower sections wonder what the complaining is all about, however those in the upper deck see the stadium as a mistake, poorly planned, and spectacularly over priced. Hell, we're ABOVE the scoreboards. It's actually difficult to get to your seats and even more difficult to walk to other areas in the stadium. Not only that, the interior is basically "no-frills"unfinished. It's shocking.

We pay more and get less than any prior Jets stadium experience. Shea included (can't speak for the Polo Grounds). That said, I am very happy with the team and the thrills we've gotten these past three seasons, with more to come. But I hate the building.

#12450 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  11. championjets69

Well the feed back I got from the new renter I have concerning my seats was so far very positive

Yes indirectly you all by yourself may have become Woody's #1 arch enemy with all the negative verbage you have posted on 1st the PSLs & then on the things that he did incorrectly in the new stadium especially in the UD.

As for the tix prices I do not think even under the best circumstances that a game vs Jax would be a top of the line drew unless it was a PO or a game that have PO ramifications. For sure Jax is not one of America's teams say like Dallas which has somewhat of a national following. We are also not such a huge drew as my front row UD sideline seats in Oak cost us all of $60.00 a tix so that is just the reverse of the Jax game in NY. Certainly if we tank then the price of the tix will follow along with the drop & the PSL owners will be wondering why they made such a investment in the 1st place. As you have pointed out over & over & over again the UDers at least can just turn away on a no harm no foul bases & not reup next year with zero loss

Far more will be known of the future tix prices this year (outside of the NYG game) after we have played Balt & NE back to back. If we go 0-2 in those games then the RR believers will be begin to have doubts that will probably lead to a even quicker dip in tix prices. A analogy would be say WW2 where the Axis side was in love with there leader & then came the turnaround & the Axis wanted to dump there leader.

My opinion of RR is that he talks the big game but so far has come up empty handed. Now this year he says THIS IS THE YEAR right? Well if we go down the tubes again then what creditability would RR have when he makes the same boast next year. Are there enough P.T. Barnum types out there to buy tix next year? If I was Woody then I would be looking to make a change/adjustment in the HCs verbage or consider making another swap ala Eric to RR

To me it is all ho hum so I really do not care what Eric said or did not say or what RR said or did not say all I am interested in is becoming SB Champs again :jets:

12. championjets69

Well read my reply to 227 about the cost of my tix in Oak

Also in my travels around Texas including Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio & of course Austin I have met exactly 1 person wearing NYJ gear. If you are counting I have lived in the great state of TX now going on 6 years

You are certainly entitled to your opinion & from Woody's POV he would certainly hope you are more correct then me. Time will be the final teller of the tale right?

:jets:

13. Section 227. Row 5

It's actually 5 years, 10 months, 23 days and 14 hours.

14. Section 227. Row 5

There is a growing feeling in the NY area about the Jets vs Giants and I could be wrong, but I don't think so. And I don't have anything concrete to offer other than my gut telling me that the Jets are continuing to be the talk of the town and the Giants are, well, for now, maybe slipping into 2nd place.

I say this because of the "tone" of some of the sports talk shows, primarily. The Giants and particularly Eli Manning are being talked about in terms of "needing work." Eli is still seen as tentative and INT-prone, and the team in general has areas that are not going to stand up to the NFC East pounding this year by teams like Philly, Dallas and now, the Redskins. And their schedule is pretty brutal besides those teams, so the general thought about the Giants right now is taht it's going to take a miracle for them to be in the SB.

The Jets, on the other hand, are at least seen as being contenders and possibly, if they stay healthy, being in the Big One. Now Sanchez is no slacker in the INT department either, but I think he's going to be better at correcting this than Eli is demonstrating. Eli just seems almost compelled to throw INTs sometimes... he continues to do it over and over and honestly, they're not going to make it if that keeps up. But I think Sanchez at least looks like he's pissed at himself when it happens and knowing his work ethic, he'll find a way to minimize it.

But in general, the Jets, with their fantastic defense and an offense that's emerging (let's not under-rate the importance of Burress, who I think will make HUGE differences in some key games for us down the stretch) seem to be the talk of the town more than the Giants. Sunday's opening drive (scoring drive) was exciting and although it was against the lowly Jags, at least demonstrated that we have it in us.

But Giants fans are tenacious group and are taking their lumps quietly for the most part. They're not going away anytime soon, but it certainly is refreshing to see the attention the Jets are getting. The more they win, the more fans they'll convert.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

well no shit its been positive. even thought the uppers are so high he is in row 1 prime sidelines with noone in front of him.and he is watching winning football.if he was say in row 16 (which is 10 from the top) corner end zone and we where losing,i think his opinion would be different.

16. Section 227. Row 5

I get a kick out of Champ calling them his "renters."

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I snagged tickets for the Dallas game for $40 below face. If the most popular team in the nation on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 can't get you face value then I'm not sure which other games will. The UD is treading water for now but the horizon looks dire going forward.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Well said.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and the home opener to boot. the writing is on the wall. the prices must come down.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

Upper deck pricing should be as follows:

Upper prime: $105

Upper sideline up to rows 5 - 15 $90

Upper sideline rows 16-26 $80

Upper end zone rows 5-15 $60

Upper end zone rows 16-26 $40