17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Every 20 feet or so there is a flat screen tv. You can also see the field from the staircases but the beer stands are on the opposite side of the concourse so you wouldn't be able to see it from that angle. At least that's the way it is in the uppers.

In the mezz and lower there are some open areas from which you can see the field throughout. Long story short, if you're buying a beer you will definitely be able to see the action.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Dude, you're on a roll today:rofl:

You forgot to mention the mummified remains of a family of four Packer fans (identified by their cheese-head hats that have a longer half-life) located behind a turned-off Verizon escalator. haha.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Those were former Brett Favre fans who never made it out. They were so frustrated trying to leave the stadium that they made there way to the door marked "Utility Room" and opted for the open electrical downward conduit shaft that houses the electrical feeds.

They figured it was the fastest, safest exit from the stadium. It was a 300' drop past electrical service panels and open wiring and one of their party touched the 1200 Amp circuit and made themselves "fried cheese" while holding family members' hands on the way down. All four perished.

Wisconsin will never be the same.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

it took over 45 minutes to get into the verizon gate yesterday.only 2 lines allowed to enter the stadium.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

Last year when I was parking on the the Izod side I started turning right once I got out of the tunnel and walked to either the MetLife gate, or the the center gate over "on the dark side" of the stadium. The Verizon gate was too much hassle for me.

6. 17a_tailgater

had a good tailgate sunday.besides the traffic for 4 miles before 16w.and then finding out all the traffic was going to the yellow and green parking passes.and the 45 minute wait at the verizon gate.

but lots of opposing fans felt the wrath

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm 346 row 15 on the aisle. I like the corner end zone view and being on the aisle. I wanted the same exact location just a lower row on the aisle and was told nothing available. I kept the seats anyway but everyone around me moved. I already went off on the ticket office and I just plan on not renewing unless two things happen.

1. I get a lower row on the aisle.

2. Ticket prices are dropped to $75 and no preseason.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting that everyone else pretty much got the upgrade except you. This kind of irratic, catch-as-catch-can approach has been the thing that has pissed people off the most, I think.

On any given day, you call and get a "not possible" answer. This could happen several times. But the next time you call, they may oblige. it happened to me that way and I was stunned. Figured I'd talk to them and give them one more chance and BINGO, I got the right person.

And I DON'T THINK the answer lies in calling your original "rep." It doesn't seem to matter whether or not you have a "relationship" with that particular asshole or not. I got my upgrade from a perfect stranger who I never talked to before in my life. Told her I was one and done unless she could do something for me and she said she'd call me back. She said to me, "What are you looking for?" and I said, "Four in UD Prime." Said she'd call me back.

I said to myself, "Yeah, right." Then, 15 minutes later I'll be damned if she didn't call and I went from Row 9 to Row 3 Prime. It was just the right time and place. But it should never have been that way and this is the thing that has bred the most distrust and anger among UDers.

My plan is this: I'm going to call again this winter and tell them I want Row Ones. I'll settle for Twos. I've never been a nudge with these people but now I'll call with a vengeance. If you want me to pay $125 per ticket and especially for Preseasons, make it worth my while. As it is I piss away $1,000 every year on the worthless Preseasons (2 games X 4 tickets X $125 each). Ridiculous waste of money.

In fact, I've got to have my head examined. For that extra $1,000, I could do like IS and others are doing and cherrypick the games I want off SH.

#12428 Section 227. Row 5, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This is the way to go I think.

So far I've been to/am going to the first two games and will pay the following:

Cowboys game: Section 308 Row 13 - $82 after taxes/fees
    Jaguars game: Section 331 Row 16 - $18.50 after taxes/fees (Military Code) plus $35 yellow parking split 4 ways

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Damn, the Jags game cost you $18.50 for the ticket?

11. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

There was a military discount a little while back with the incredibly unique and exotic code of MIL11 for $15.00 tickets. There's probably a thread about it somewhere. (I'm not military)

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's not for the military, it's a publicity stunt to make the Jets look like they're being all nice to the people serving our country. In reality, they hand out the code to anyone and don't check any IDs at the gate or on ticketmaster. This is in order to unload tickets so the game doesn't get blacked out, because the tickets up there aren't worth more than about 25 bucks but they still insist on charging $95 full freight

13. 17a_tailgater

i dropped 347 row 10 on the aisle 1-3.

how many seats see u have to remember its seat # too.

14. Section 227. Row 5

I had 4 in 342 Row 16 on the aisle and then picked up 4 more in 335 Row 9 on the aisle.

Told myself I needed to have my head examined back then and called them up in a fit of "not gonna take it anymore" rage and they gave me my 4 in 335 Prime Row 3.

Now I'm even questioning that fucking move. Tickets are $125 and I bought Yellow for $25. Figured I was pretty smart. Now I look in the mirror and I'm looking at a fucking chump. Pissed away $1,000 in tickets and another $50 for parking before the regular season even got underway.

Now I could cherrypick Jag tickets in UD Prime in the row in fornt of me for well below face and I'm ready to poke my fucking eyes out with a barbeque skewer in retaliation for how fucking stupid I am. And this is a fucking SuperBowl year, supposedly.

15. Section 227. Row 5

That's okay. You don't have to be military to get a military discount. If you've ever worn an olive drab tie you qualify. If you've ever been to a Memorial Day Parade you fucking qualify and if you can verify that you've ever watched the history channel you probably fucking qualify too. I'm in a shiity mood today.

Where did I keep those barbeque skewers again? My wife ain't gonna like this, believe me.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

Relax buddy, relax! It's the JAGS game. There's plenty of meat on the table after that with the Pats, Seascum (that's what we call them) Chargers, Giants and even the Chiefs. I left out the Bills on purpose, but they sure looked good last week. Maybe they're for real.

I gave up six in row 9, 301 for three in 342 row 2 and I'm not as thrilled as i thought i might be either, but I'm happy not to have eaten six preseason tickets for each of two games. Be happy you're not enjoying the taste of eight preseason tickets this season, even if they were priced less.

Many of us are less of an asshole this year than last, but we're still assholes! Paying all this for pro football games makes us assholes no matter what.:rofl:

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Is not every year our year to win the SB?

:jets:

18. Section 227. Row 5

I suppose it is. I'm just not used to having a head coach who talks about it like he's predicting it. I think expectations around this town are extremely high.

And hey, I'm not saying it's not good to be a positive thinker and set your bar high, I'm just saying the ticket prices are soft compared to that kind of expectation. Imagine what the prices will be if we slide into a 4-12 situation again for a couple of years. And you've been around long enough to know what that's like LOL.

Man, my eyes are killing me.

#12438 Section 227. Row 5, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  19. scottish_jet

scottish_jet New Member

have you ever sat in section 310 or close?...going to my 1st Jets home game ever..v the pats..and thats the only ticket i could get...hoping for an electric atmosphere

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

see, you did manage to post this in the right area! yay!!