17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You guys got that right. Those who've been goin' for a looong time certainly realize it. That's why despite my threat to them otherwise, I could not entirely walk away NOW.

A Jets home playoff game is like the expensive vintage you break out to celebrate with. They don't come around often. And a home playoff WIN, well, that's something to count on one hand, even if you're missing some fingers.

This better be the year. Hope so.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I want to remain optimistic about this year. This team has lots going for it (the defense is basically what it was last year). Offensively, I'm not sure about Plaxico yet and I'm concerned about the passing "chemistry" or lack of it, especially since Edwards and Cotch are gone. LT isn't any younger but Greene should be in his prime how and looked good the other night, averaging 6 YPC. The loss of Rob Turner doesn't thrill me though, as well as Ducasse's abysmal performance the other night.

So yeah, we can hope this is the year for us in the AFC East, but the Patriots haven't exactly been sitting around with their thumbs up their asses either. I think as the health of our team goes, so goes our chances this year. It's that close. We remain healthy across the board, we have a good shot. We don't (and start losing key guys like Jimmy Leonard again), then we get lost in the mediocre mire of every other NFL team who finishes 9-6.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 no hard feelings:grin:
    Most of us will still be at the games but yes the crowd was MUCH different last year and it will probably change some more this year. From what I hear and read the people who sit downstairs actually ask / tell you to sit down even when the Jumbo tron is asking you to get up and make some noise ! Hopefully everyone gets on the same page and this team has some much awaited home success and home field advantage.

ps still plenty of seats left--it is simply amazing---who would have thunk it 2 years ago when we were all waiting for those calls from our Reps--what a difference a little time makes.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

I have a new strategy next year for those of us with upper deck seats. Dont pay our bills until mid August so we don't get stuck with the preseason. I had a friend who just got upper deck seats 4th row on the 20 yard line 3 seats. Not only that he didn't have to pay for preseason. Downside is he could only get an orange pass so instead he said screw it and bought all his yellow parking passes on ticket exchange which were about $28 each. Basically he saved himself $630 by not getting tickets until now and broke even on the parking passes when you factor in the ticket exchange fees.

5. Section 227. Row 5

I just got my email and link for today's "exclusive" sale of Upper Deck seats. Funny thing though... when I looked at my "special" password, it's such an obvious password its ridiculous. What is going on here? Another way to scam STHers into thinking this is some sort of special sale when indeed it's just another way of getting rid of those Row 24 seats? Unbelievable, the balls.

6. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

What is it? Green or something?

7. Section 227. Row 5

No, but fairly close... it's a password that is very obvious. If this is just a coincidence, it's incredible. But my guess is its not and that everyone has the same password.

IT's like, when they came out with the "exclusive" Military Discount and the password was "Military" or something similar. Within minutes the password was plastered all over the net and every scalper under the sun was buying the tickets with that password. They did it intentionally, in order to sell seats, but sold it to the public as something special that they were doing for our people in uniform. Ridiculous and, from my standpoint, embarrassing.

8. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Damn, I needed Pats tickets too and didn't want to go the $130 route on the second sites

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

why all the secrecy??

it's REX2011

problem may be that you need a Jet account to use the password, but if that's not true, use it in good health and get the tickets you want

10. Section 227. Row 5

But, but, but... you promised you were leaving for good...

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

You don't need a Jets account but only thing I pulled were tickets in row 25 for the Jets Giants game. I was helping a friend out but I told him you won't want to sit there.

12. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

325 row 24, not bad.. Thanks!

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Did anybody score a pair for either the Pats or Cowboys game? I went on to pick up extras and couldn't find any pairs for either game. They must have put most of their extra tickets on Stubhub.

14. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

I found some for Cowboys; didn't bite. Patriots...yes there's was some.

15. Section 227. Row 5

He's going to need an oxygen tank and a portable Hubbel Space Telescope. Also, tell him to watch out for space junk up there... there's a lot of it orbiting the earth.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Out of curiosity, I went on to see if I could get any Pats tickets. I plugged in 4 and got nothing with repeated tries. They must not have any 4-together seats left.

17. dhettrick55

dhettrick55 New Member

Since I was used to buying standing room only tickets (when they used to sell them at Foxboro) for up in New England, I looked to see if there was anywhere to stand the last time I went to NMS (since hey, you stand 3 hours for a concert anyways if you're on the floor) and found areas in the 200 level so that's what I'll likely be doing here. Got the "cheapest" get-you-in tickets I could get today which happened to be aisle seats but I'll likely never go up to the seats.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It supposed to be a benefit, I hate when morons give out the password. Other STH's actually use this feature and when it's released to the masses early it's BS.

Everyone bitches and moans about cost but when we actually get some benefits to paying those costs some fans feel like they're doing other fans a favor when in reality they're fucking the ones who have the right to it in the first place.

19. Section 227. Row 5

There are always no-shows. Sometimes, the better the seats, the more they're empty because the yuppies are afraid of a little rain or working late at the office or banging their secretary or whatever.

So you stand behind a certain section during the 1st quarter and you check out which seats are empty the whole time. Then, at the end of the quarter or the half, there will be a lot of in and out traffic up the aisles.

You wait until the traffic is flowing back into the section and you keep your eye on the Security guy who is by now inundated with checking ticket stubs and gives up and is bullshitting with the Security guy in the next section and you slip past him and beeline directly to the seats you spotted, like you belong there. The key is to be deliberate and don't look around or behind you, etc... just go directly to the seats and sit in them like you own them. 9 times out of 10 you are safe. If not, you get up and move over a couple of seats. By then the game resumes and nobody gives a shit.

20. sg3

sg3 Banned

disagree

I think fellow gang greeners deserve the right to buy these tickets if they want them.

not all that into elitism