17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's asking $55K for $40K worth of PSLs. For some reason he thinks a Jets PSL is an investment worth a 38% return in one year AHAHaHAHAhahahahaha

Also to compare, $20K will get you a Coach's Club PSL for the Giants. Still gotta pay that $700+ ticket price though...

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is my second imperative. My first was that I told them I would walk if I didn't get an upgrade and I got the upgrade.

I'm also going to tell them I'm going to walk if I don't get Yellow Parking. If they tell me, "Sorry, you only have Orange this year and you already paid, so too bad, you're stuck with Orange, " I'll tell them fine, but I walk next year then. Don't even fucking invoice me."

It seems to be the only way to get anyone to listen... you have to be a prick with them on the phone. Being nice gets you nothing from the Jets anymore.

3. Section 227. Row 5

That's the killer and PT Barnum was right.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Things are definitely not what they were. Some areas have been much harder hit than the NE, like the situations to which you avail.

The NY area has survived better than most it seems, but certainly not enough to sustain the over-the-top spending necessary to fuel the kind of spending that creates demand for $20,000 PSL-per-seat prices plus ridiculous ticket prices on top of that.

Lending has left the NY market. Banks are unwilling to lend right now to even the most credit-worthy of applicants. Cash is king again and so is prudent spending in the eyes of those who lend. It's going to be a while before anyone can get legitimate financing on just about anything that has more than adequate value even.

So I don't expect PSL purchases in the next 24-36 months being worth two shits in terms of getting the original purchaser out from under. Just my HO.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

That shit ridiculous i wouldnt pay $2000 per psl right now for those seats.they can go shit in a hat....once the Jets decide to raise the prices to high, which is really about $10 a ticket away,im gone as a season ticket holder.

As much as i want to conti.ue having season tickets in my family,i cant see myself shelling out much more. $55,000 thafs ridiculous

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

I don't think the Jets will increase the price for upper deck seats for a long time. I have Yankees season tickets in the grandstand and year 3 in the new stadium and still no price increase. I can't see the Jets doing the same either too many people are walking with the price staying the same.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hey we are serious people right? So why not make him a serious offer of 1G a seat & he has to pay the $700.00 per seat tix price for the next 5 years? :up:

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Probably for the same reason too. Aren't Yankee games not selling out as often as they were prior to building the new stadium?

9. Section 227. Row 5

For $700 per seat you should be able to party with Charlie Sheen in the next row and have his ex-wife give you lap dances at the half.

Seriously, whoever owns these two seats sobered up and now realizes what a colossal Charlie Sheen moment they had when the bought them. For $1400 a game you damn-well better be having a hell of a good time!

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah he is one of the lucky ones. He bought those seats & PSLs with all the money he made from investing with Bernie Madoff. :up:

11. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6247980

ESPN says that NFL does not plan on playing replacement players.

If they do play with replacement players for 1 game or the whole season would all of us Jets Season Ticket Holders have to pay full price for games with replacement players?? I know they are taking 50% april first or whatever payment plan we are in so they already have our money and could just keep it with replacement players.

Anyones thoughts?? Never thought about it until I read the title on ESPN.

Thanks

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Full price dude.

13. Section 227. Row 5

"We have not had any discussions or consideration of replacement players. It hasn't been discussed, it hasn't been considered, and it's not in our plans."

But the didn't answer the question, which was, "Have you ruled out the use of replacement players?"

All he had to say was, "There will be no use of replacement players." And of course, he couldn't say that, because they have NOT ruled it out.

We had replacement players before and yes, I paid full ticket price with no refund. You sit there watching some UPS driver doing kick-off returns. Ridiculous.

Wonder what this kind of ambiguity is doing to our friend who is trying to sell his two PSLs for 55 Large. Hahahahahaa.....

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Imagine if they collect all our dough and then announce the replacement players?

Damn, that's a lousy predicament to be in.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Even Woody wouldn't have the balls to do that.

Ah.... er.... hmmmm.....

Now I'm wonderin'.....

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Maybe I will try out if they have replacement players and get some money that I donated back and the family can atleast watch me play at full price. lol

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wasn't a season ticket holder in 1987- for those that were did they credit you money back for the 2 home replacement games?

18. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe now we can go all the way to the SuperBowl, like Rex Ryan promises every year.

Former Linden High School Quarterback and recent UPS driver Sancho Martinez develops chemistry with Mike Holmes' son of "Holmes on Homes," the HGTV superstar and home remodeler.

They connect in the 4th quarter to beat out the Green Bay Packers' recently signed corner Ty Law in the end zone for a 7-0 final score.

The SuperBowl goes down in history as the lowest scoring game ever, and the NY Jets get into the history books as the first and only NFL team to ever win a SuperBowl with replacement players.

Think of the excitement in a season like that and all the pride you'd feel being a Season Ticketholder.

19. Section 227. Row 5

No way, Junc.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Back then seats were around $20 a game w/ no preseason, there's no way they could geta way w/ that today w/ the prices they charge.