17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

except you can still go to the games. my mom is still pissed off about the damn dodgers leaving brooklyn.

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Is there a reason that the Jets have not put up a market place for PSL sales yet and the Giants have had one up for a week. Just goes to show you how much the Jets care, they don't want one up yet so they can sell people their remaining PSL's first. Sad stuff imo!

3. Section341

Section341 New Member

The Giants PSLs did not come with a 5 or 15 payment options like the Jets. My guess is that most of the jets PSLs were on "layaway" (even our resident Jets PSL salesman SG3 is on the payment plan I believe) and you can only transfer or sell until they are 100% paid off. (but still you correct that the site should be up for the 10 or so PSLs that were 100% paid off).

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Sorry you are no longer a STHer but I understand. And anyway, it's just not that big a deal anymore to be a STHer.

I remember when I used to be proud to announce, "Yeah... I've got season tickets." And people would be like, "Wow... that's cool," because there was a waiting line. Now it's like, "Yeah? Really? So how much are the tickets now anyway? I heard they're really expensive. And what about those PSL things? What's up with that? Did they make you shell out thousands for that or what? Seems to me like a real rip-off!"

People are like, "This guy has to be a bit of a sucker to spend that much money on just going to Jets games. Why doesn't he sit in front of his HDTV like everybody else I know?" There's no value in it anymore. And the bragging rights are long gone because it's perceived as an extravagance that just doesn't make sense. And anyway, you can go to ANY JETS GAME YOU WANT TO at any time WITHOUT COMMITMENTS! Even I have to ask myself once in a while... "I'm spending over $500 on a Sunday afternoon to go to a game... and that's times 10! WTF am I doing this for again?"

You're not alone CBG. Thousands are bailing and the Jets know it. They're truly fucked with this because they pissed off so many of their loyal old-timers that they no longer have a fucking base to work off of. Now they're scavenging and scrounging around for "casual" Jets fans or NFL fans in general to try and sell them tickets. It aint' gonna work. This is going to be a disaster... just wait and see. And all this in a year in which we damn near made it to the big one! What the hell is going to happen when we go 3-13 and get some of those years going back-to-back? Holy Christ, all hell will break loose and people will be dumping like crazy.

5. Section 227. Row 5

In a word, to avoid EMBARRASSMENT. They fear some PSLS will be priced below original sticker price and that ain't gonna look too good for moving any more new ones. The Giants are sold out and don't have to give a damn... and because of that, the market prices will be better on their resales.

Right now the Jets have every reason to fear the open marketplace. The market will now decide what these cockamamie things are worth, not them. The market will determine the true value, just as water seeks it's own level. Before now, the Jets said their PSLs are worth XXX and no one could dispute that. Now that will change. Nothing sheds the light of day on a commodity like putting it out on the open market.

The scary thing is, they're afraid of this even after coming off of a very close SB run. We were 30 minutes (the 1st half) away from playing well enough to make a SB appearance. What the hell is going to happen if we sink into a 3-11 season or even have back-to-back 8-8 or 9-6 seasons? Good God, if it's a tough sell right now there's no telling what prices will be like if that happens.

Thank God I have the ability to walk. I don't have another lifetime to devote to spending $5,000 per year for 26 years on mediocre seasons, waiting for what never comes. And I'm a very patient man. Today's STHer is not going to be patient, believe me. Today's NY consumer is like, "Satisfy me today, otherwise there's hell to pay. I'm not waiting for a SB. I want it now." Oh, how little they realize....

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what is the seat location you gave up so we can add it to the list.

7. 17a_tailgater

its sad that we actually have a list of long time season ticket holders bailing because of the organization.if we actually win this year i could be added to that list.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I tell you, talk about unprofessional, the Jets are incredible. I upgraded my seats and paid the 50%. I asked for confirmation and never got it. I recieved a generic e-mail from the Jets yesterday reminding me of the 4/1 due date and payment options. I went into my Jets accounts and it does not show the 50% paid. Now I left 3 messages for the rep. I am gonna call the main number and rag on them. I got section 340, row 8 and figured being a 30 year STH helped. Friends of ours upgraded to 340, row 5 and they are entering year 3. And they wonder why long timers are bailing. Its not news that they only care about PSL owners, its just a friendly reminder of who we are dealing with. Love the team, hate the orginization

#11588 sec314, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  9. Section 227. Row 5

Don't go too crazy... my purchase still does not show up in my account. I had nothing to show it went through either, but i did get an invoice in the mail finally, like two days ago, showing what I am looking for in my account, namely, that I now own the 4 new seats (it mentions them by section and seat number) and my old 8 seats are not shown. The invoice also reflects the new price ($125 per seat).

So, they are slow to do things up there... but it doesn't mean it wasn't done. Also, I don't know what you are doing for parking, but my invoice is showing Orange still, at $15 X 10 + $150. I am signed up for the Yellow option but I suppose I will have to call and hassle them over it until I get that also.

If both of these things reach fruition, I will finally be somewhat satisfied. I will be parking where I used to park and be able to leave the stadium quickly and my seats will be roughly where they were before, but in Row 3... it's just that I'm up one level from the old Mezz. And that is fine with me, because I have always refused to pay the cockamamie PSL, which, in essence, is asking me to pay for the stadium construction in order for me to pay for the seats I'm sitting in year after year. Bullshit on that.

But seriously, relax. If the rep said it was a done deal it probably is. Still, I see your point about the Row you wound up in versus a total newbie coming in with zero seniority and getting a closer seat thatn you got. What a fucking fiasco this has turned out to be. No wonder the Jets are having an incredibly difficult time now. They brought this all on themselves though, so now they have to suck it up and pay for all the deceit, lies, ambiguities, inconveniences, hassles, aggrevation and parking manuevers they brought on they're most loyal fanbase.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

thanks for the words 227 and yes WE all understand what each of us has gone thru all these years and especially the last 2 or 3. 314, your post is another reason in the long list why I am gone. 17A you have asked me a few times what sec and row and each time I put it up here----my OLD seats that I gave up are already on your list ---342 row 20-------------be well all.

11. Section 227. Row 5

CBG, feel free to PM me this summer and see if I have any games I won't be able to attend. My grandchildren are still very young and my kids can't make night games, for example, or holiday-type games. Maybe there are one or two of those lesser-desirable type games that you could buy from me. Not promising anything, but we could see how it goes. If I get the Yellow Parking thing, that will make my seats a good experience all the way around.

See? You don't have to be a STHer to enjoy going to a couple of games a year. Screw them. There will be plenty of seats available for many decades to come.

12. sect105

sect105 New Member

I received an email the other day about my automatic pay on 3/15. (sect 307 row 17). The email had a reps. name and number (Brian Wenzel). SO, I called him to remind him that I called previously to be relocated with upper prime as a preference and was told to wait until the process started.

I said I did not want to pay because if i do not relocate I "may" want to cancel. He told me that if I paid my first installment that I had a better chance of getting relocated sooner. He assured me that there would be plenty of seats to pick from and I should definately get something finalized by the end of this month. I told him that better be the case or else I am cancelling and expect a refund.

He said call him anytime with questions, so I plan on calling once or twice a week till then.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

thanks for the offer 227 I will keep it in mind:beer:

I plan on buying a few games on stubhub , I promised the kids I would, and I am cool with that. As you wrote , the status of being a "season ticket holder " is in no way the same as what it used to be. Thanks again

14. sect105

sect105 New Member

Actually being a STH has become a chore.

15. 17a_tailgater

Sorry CBG. (.Y.) there is a nice pair of tits for u.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I politley spoke to the Jets and told them I wanted my account updated. An hour later, it was updated with my 50% payment. I don't trust them, so I verified that I am sitting in 340. Everything is cool, until I have to pay the remaining, I don't have to deal with the Jets anymore. Just waiting on the Yanks to start up. Screw the NFL, go on strike jack asses, ruin a good thing. I can live without it. Think of the $ we all save. Imagine having a PSL and then no season, paying for an empty stadium. Maybe SG3 can get the Jets to let him sit in his seats 10x for 3 hrs.

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

As has been mentioned, if it was a players strike we could get screwed and have to watch replacement players. Since it's a lockout though, if there is no deal the money we pay will be credited towards when there is football.

18. Section 227. Row 5

This is exactly the kind of bullshit that iritates the hell out of me and should iritate everyone. Ask this jerkoff, "Then how did several guys I know (227 and 17a) get relocated two weeks ago? And without paying first? And how do I know I'll be satisfied with the relocation you're going to supposedly offer? You want me to pay first, then take what I can get. I don't want to do it that way! What if I'm still not happy? Tell you what... tell me where my new seats will be FIRST, then I'll give you my fucking credit card!"

Fucking ridiculous. Still with the lies and deceit and bullshit. Unbelievable.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Call Michael Barrett

20. Section 227. Row 5

Screw being "credited." Who wants to tie up that kind of money for 18 months? They should REFUND the STHer's money, keep the account active, and then when football gets underway again, send out a new invoice.