17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm at least trying to move my seats before I fork over the cash.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

my only decision is how many of my three PSLs I will pay for in full in November and how many I will leave financed for 5 years. Currently it looks like at least 2 fully paid,

got great seats -- gotta keep them

3. Section341

Section341 New Member

With PSLs, I don't think you have a choice (unless you want to forfeit what you paid in). Oh I forgot, you can always sell them for a profit at the open market.

:grin:

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear that. We need to keep as many hard core fans as possible until this thing falls apart. Give us one lousy Chamopinship season, and we can RIP and stay home.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

woody wont say it but he thanks you... he and those like him count on people like you to line their pockets.

the only problem i have with people like you who dont actually think about these things is that you drive up the price. it effects those who actually do think and realize what a terrible waste of money the whole thing has become. people like you will make it so those people cant justify the price of going to a game.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have over 20 plus yrs of Jet game and tailgate memories. That said I will still buy a few games each year . Last nite I talked it over with the wife and decided that with the money I am saving this year on season tickets that we should go make another nice family memory and head down to Florida and maybe go to Disney World while we at it-----------ahhhh yes I cannot wait for the invoce to arrive so I can say " sorry I am one and done in the new place "

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Based on 26 years of receiving invoices and paying them, that is exactly how they will work it.

Games or no games, you WILL be invoiced and you WILL pay by the due date. They will most likely tell you that should there be no games, they'll keep your money and credit your account for the following season.

The worst scenario would be that they DO play the games using replacement players. Now you're paying full retail to see some QB who was working at UPS last week.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

If you plan on staying....You should see if they'll sell you a book of yellow parking passes, since it's such a huge sticking point for you. I don't know what the situation is with those as far as only selling those to PSL people. If that's the case, tell them you're giving up your 8 seats unless they sell you the book. It's $250 for the year for one car and I think that would greatly enhance your gameday experience.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I believe you will find that an impossibility. Even if you wait until the very last moment, they will still tell you they cannot move you (or they may give you some token move a few rows lower just to appease), because "we don't know for sure how many cancellations we're going to have" because all the invoice money is not in the house yet.

Most likely, you'll be told to pay the invoice (by the due date) for your current seats. Then they will "do the best we can to move you after that."

You'll buy into this, of course, and send in the money. If you don't, you forfeit your tickets. But then again, of course, they're going to be very up-front and honest with you and move you to a much better location afterwards, right? I mean, they've always been accomodating, up-front and honest before, so why would we have any reason to suspect that they won't now? They'll move you to much better seats and then twist in the wind, hiring new sales people again to hard-sell those unGodly terrible seat locations you moved from. I mean, that's the way it works, right? They'll do that for us this time, I'm sure. This time it'll be different.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I'm enjoying this period of time. I feel comfortable with all of it. Right now, I owe the Jets nothing. And with no PSL, I know I can walk away.

You could be right about the yellow tickets, but I can pass on orange ones and still buy yellow on eBay or whatever if I want to. That's not a problem.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens, right up until the last afternoon of the due date. I'm wondering if you are correct... if concessions will be offered to stop the slide, because by then, they're going to know there is a huge problem. Maybe if some of us wait until 4PM on the last day of the due date and they know they have 8472 fucking cancellations and Woody gets a call like, "Houston, we have a problem," then maybe they'll try to stop the slide and make deals. But I doubt it, seriously.

The yellow tickets aren't a problem. They're available. It's all available. Good seats in the uppers will be available. Good PSLs will be available. Even sg3's seats are available for a price. There will be no shortage of Jets season tickets this year. In fact, no shortage of game-by-game tickets straight from the ticket office... with no other charges and no pregames to buy... face value, take your pick of games.

When have you ever seen that after a season like we've had? The answer is never. So yeah, there's a fucking problem, Houston.

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

Probably a bad move by Woody to stay in Jersey. If the stadium was next to Citifield, he'd probably have an easier time selling tickets. There's just more Jets fans here. I was at the Isles game last night. Football season is way over and there were a ton of people in Jets gear. I'm sure that's not the case at an event in Jersey.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 you are ohhhhhhhhh so rite--once again I agree! It is going to be beyond interestiing how this all plays out. For those of you that want to deal with the Jets or try and make them some type of offer or expect or hope to get a concession -----------------> BEST OF LUCK!
    They will without question expect you to pay FULL PRICE to watch replacement players if there is a lockout. There will be zero refunds--forget that---it aint happening. I hope that the owners and players get this thing hashed out and come to an agreement soon but I think no matter what happens this April and May is going to be very very interesting to see how the invoices play out, but then again after thousands of people bail out of there NON PSL UPPERS the Jets will still tell you that sales are going great and that the place is just about sold out--------either way matters not to me
    I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

13. Gator

Gator Active Member

I don't think legally they can use replacement players if there is a lockout.....only if there is a players strike. Sorry to disappoint you.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Either event would undoubtedly raise hell with ticket sales and even PSL resales in March.

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

a lockout means that the owners are closing down and therefore replacement players is a non-issue.

What they will probably do is what they did with the playoffs as far as season gameday tickets are concerned, obtain a credit card number and only charge it when or if there is a full season or for whatever part of the season actually gets played. PSL payments, at least for me, are also a non-issue since they are due in November 2011 and hopefully things are resolved by then

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GATOR I stand corrected--and I hope and pray they reach an agreement soon as I in no way want this to drag out even 1 more day---but I am in no way disappointed because no matter what happens I am " one and done " in the new place and with the season ticket money that I am now saving ---> I'm going to DISNEY WORLD !

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

There will be a season even if we miss a game, mark it down.

18. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I was going to pay mine off in March, but decided to wait until the new CBA is in place. Once that happens, I'll pay them in full.

Don't want to give Woody any more of a strike fund than he will already have.

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I have to disagree. I fully expect that they will take the cash now and issue a refund for games not played. The PSL's certainly allow it.

The only thing potentially holding them back is the UD seats. If a large percentage of UD STH's don't pay up by the deadline, it would be a hassle and expensive to try to sell them all over again.

Personally, I am hoping the work stoppage lasts long enough to kill off at least one home preseason game.

The NFL doesn't really have a lot of flexibility in scheduling:
    1) the Super Bowl date is set in stone and any scheduling must work back from there;
    2) redoing the regular season schedule would be difficult logistically; and
    3) Possibly most importantly, the NFL derives a huge percentage of its revenues from televised regular season games. If they miss a PS game, the team gives up the gate receipts. If they miss a regular season game, the team gives up the gate receipts and 1 week of television revenue.

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_104351/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=KRRvaOD7

It appears the PSL holders are having their ticket prices raised 2.3%. The uppers are being left alone.

You will only have to pay half your invoice in lieu of the possible lockout.

Yellow parking available for uppers in a first come first serve basis.

Improvements on the way for the uppers.

Discuss.