17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17A we will find out in 3 years , it is sure going to be interesting---------if the weather is anything close to what it has been lately I can see them giving away upper seats as it will be cold as hell up there .

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Dumb move submitted by the same dumb people that approved the even dumber architectural drawings, the dumb schematics, the dumb traffic-flow and the dumb parking situation. There are so many reasons why this site is ridiculous, but here are a few:

1) Only holds 82,000 people.
    2) No dome.
    3) February weather is by far the WORST month to host ANYTHING outdoors in the Tri-State area.
    4) Not pedestrian friendly. You MUST arrive by car or rail. Little to no on-site hotels.
    5) With SB tickets being so expensive, you're lucky if you average 2 people per car. But the parking is fucked up now, so with the additional cars that have to arrive, what will it be like then?
    6) Rail line from NY is inadequate for a SB. I can just imagine 50,000 people trying to get into one car on one rail line to and from NYC. Ridiculous.

#11162 Section 227. Row 5, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

On the drive back from Pittsburgh, my buddy said to me 'well, no SB tickets chance this year, but maybe the Jets will make it in 2014 when the game is here"

I said "you know what? I wouldn't want to go even if they made it HERE. I'd like them to be in it for home-field advantage, but why would I want to pay 2 or 3K to sit in that upper deck in February? Pay more than I paid for the entire season to freeze my ass off in what I know to be a shitty upper deck seat? I'm in row 8 upstairs now. For the SB I'd be in row 22. It's not like I'd get better seats than what I already have for that game. If they did make it that season, chances are I'd have already witnessed a home AFC Championship game win for a 1/8 of the price, or at least ONE home playoff win. That's good enough for me. I know that place isn't worth it. Imagine what the face value for tickets will be three years from now.

His reply? "good point".

The boner for Super Bowl attendance will wear off soon for a lot of fans, and our hosted game might be the "fat chick" for thousands and thousands. It'll be the first Super Bowl where those sitting there will ask themselves "now, exactly why did we do this?" I think the NFL is taking a huge risk, but then again loyal fans of their teams will alway pay and pay for the chance to witness a championship.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So you managed to get out of the house alone I see...

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ha ha i will be there friday night for the monster trucks too

6. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Stadium Sales Force Fired

I see where the Jets laid off 30 of their sales people. I had several questions on the seat/ticket process for 2011 and I suspect this just clouds it up further.

I have six seats in UL Prime, but they're 4+2 and I was going to call them to see what they could offer me on getting them together or closer together. I planned to used the possibility of dropping all six as leverage to get them together. Even though I've been a STH since 1984, I have mixed feelings on whether to renew for 2011.

I now wonder if I should wait till I get my invoice (March?) and pursue then or send in a seat relocation request like I did years ago in GS. Now I'm wondering if there's even anyone to talk to.
    Anyone have any insight?

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I think you have a very good chance!! They may not be the same section or row but I think they should be able to move you to where there are 6 seats or maybe the guys next to you or behind you or in front do not take the seats for next year.

I am trying to do the same thing but I have PSl 4 and 4 they are like a section and 20 apart. I guess I can just bother the guy in front of me and behind me untill they trade or let me buy them for a higher price or something.

Its tough, Good luck, Call them every day. That is how I got row 7 on the isle section 124 psl seats in Aug when I got my row 20 in Section 126 in like Nov 2 years ago. Call everyday they will make it happen

8. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If they did let 30 people go that means they must be sold out or close to done with those PSL seats. I would call now considering there probably will be a lot of people calling around May/June trying to get good Upper Deck seats. Also how do you know that they fired 30 people?

I don't think they allowing anybody to move their PSL seats. They probably will tell you to sell them in March and buy more from them if the seats that you are looking for are for sale. Good luck with whatever you decided to do. Are you keeping all 8 seats next season or selling some? I am very curious to see how the market is for PSL this year considering anybody that is looking to buy a PSL could have bought them from the Jets this whole season. I guess in time we will see.

9. Jerseyboyisback

Im going to keep all 8 and the Lower Level Endzone is Sold out so I dont know Giants are already doubled from 5k to 10k, make Jets will double I dont know though.

10. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Jets Sales Layoff

Here's Mehta's article from today's Daily News -

Jets fire 30 in sales force

BY Manish Mehta

The Jets eliminated approximately 30 jobs in the sales department last week, team spokesman Bruce Speight confirmed. The organization beefed up its personal seat license sales efforts last year for the opening of the New Meadowlands Stadium with temporary sales positions. The possibility of a lockout this offseason could conceivably make it more difficult to sell additional PSLs for the 2011 season.

The Jets reduced the price of 9,000 personal seat licenses last summer by up to 50% to avoid a blackout of the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens.

The Jets didn't disclose how many unsold PSLs remain. The team's current focus is selling club seats.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

For what it's worth, I have six in my account too, and opted for three-over-three rather than six in a row, or 4 + 2. It worked well, with the only drawback being when you need to sell extras. However, I was able to sell three together when I needed to because it is an unusual grouping and there are many people needing three. At least it seemed that way.

12. Jerseyboyisback

Now that I have been thinking about it how much will it cost to put on a retracable roof to the stadium and can they??

I really think they should it rained almost every game which sucked and after going to the lucas oil for the colts game I really liked it. If they want to open it to play in the cold they can but I think they should do it if they can

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

My hope is for weather like what NY currently has now for the Super Bowl in 2014. Will be the first and last time the NFL lets it happen. Personally would like Goodell standing out in the freezing rain trying to sell the event.

14. Clayture

Clayture Member

Anybody involved with the decision to have the super bowl here should go to the Meadowlands this Sunday night and sit in the upper deck for 4 or 5 hours and watch the game on video board. See how enjoyable the experience is.

15. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Cowboy's Stadium's Upper Deck is higher up then our stadium. I think a Super Bowl here in 2014 is a bad idea for the simple fact that it will be cold a sh*t. But I couldn't see Woody adding a roof without making STH's pay a Psl surcharge and probably adding a PSL for the Upper Deck.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

Are you sure about that? The stadium height might be higher because of the dome, but I'd be surprised if the upper deck is higher than ours. I'd bet that it's not. At least I'd bet that the first row of our upper deck is is higher - they might have more rows.

Regarding adding a roof? No Friggin' way that's happening. Come on, where have you been? That ship sailed. It would have been done when they built this ugly stadium. Not a chance in hell it'll ever be added. It'd be more expensive to add than it would have been to build initially. You don't just slap a roof on a stadium. Has anyone EVER done that? The only time I remember a stadium attempting to do that was Olympic Stadium in Montreal. That finally got done, cost like 5x's more than they thought, took years, and never functioned correctly.

The Jets are more likely to move ten years from now to another stadium than they are to have a roof added here. Why the F would they? The NFL already rewarded Woody and the Giants owners with a SB.

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I never said that we are going to add a roof, just trying to be funny. You are 100% right that a roof on our stadium is never going to happen. As far as the Cowboys stadium goes, yes I do believe that it is higher but I am just going on how it appears on Tv plus the fact that it can hold 20,000 more people then the NMS.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

A retractable roof is moot at this point. It's impossible to add.

Fatcesa was discussing this the other day with a caller. Basically said what I knew all along... impossible to add at this point. It had been estimated that it was a $200,000 upgrade and Fatty was reiterating this number to the caller. But I contend that the $200,000 number would have been a lot more. $200K, actually, for a roof, would have been an unbelievable steal. Anyway... it's history.

Ironically, I would have given more consideration to paying a PSL had the place been covered. I believe it would have really made me think twice about it because I'm getting a huge upgrade after all. I might have even considered a PSL had more PSL areas been under cover. But they are not... 90% of them are still out in the weather (yeah, I know... there are the lounges). But BFD with that, because I'm not going into a fucking lounge cave to watch a game, I'm sorry. I can go to Poor Billy's or some other sports bar in Woodbridge if I'm looking for that.

Fatty also reiterated that both teams wanted their "northeast advantage," so they didn't want the roof at any cost. Again, BFD. We still let a southerly team like the Ravens come in here on a Monday night and kick the shit out of us on opening day after a thunderstorm. Half the players in the NFL played at northern schools like Ohio State or Michigan and can play very well in cold weather anyway... highly over-rated in my opinion. Just becasue a guy plays for the Dolphins doesn't mean he's never played in cold weather or can't. Macho bullshit call on Giants and Jets ownership on that. Plenty of teams make the playoffs and the SB coming from domed stadiums. Ridiculous.

So the assholes build a stadium with no roof that only holds 82,000 instead of 100,000... for TWO teams in the NY market. Fucking brilliant. No wonder they're having trouble selling seats.

19. Clayture

Clayture Member

Agreed we won't ever see a roof. I would think the least they could do is add protection around the concourse in the upper deck. give some people some shelter from the rain, especially lightning, and a place to get warm in the winter.

20. Jerseyboyisback

Like the idea the Bengals have this!! Only problem is im in the Lower level