17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We are a better team on the road, that's for sure. Not sure who to blame. All I know is, one of us, Jets or Giants should be playing a 4pm game today in the Blizzard. Could you imagine what would break down in our palace in this kind of storm. Bring back Curtis!!

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Who knows... too much holiday cheer. I stopped making sense. :beer:

I just meant we should have kicked Miami's ass. Wrong thread anyway.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

hahaha... Good response, that's funny. I re-read your post and it still didn't make any sense...

:beer:

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i wonder how people who ended up selling tickets this year made out?

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Better than people will do next year.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well unless we somehow get a home playoff game --this week will be MY LAST as a season ticket holder! I am not sure how many people are in the same boat as me but I believe it is many. The last straw for me was the parking fiasco ----but I have to tell you when I had already picked / purchased my season tickets and then other people (friends and family) got offered better seat locations---THAT BLEW! I AM TALKING MONTHS AFTER I HAD SELECTED MY SEATS! Then I was told that I was misinformed about this happening and that (much like last years relocation ) that this was NOT happening--Yes they held back seats and the fibbed many times about many things----I will root hard for this JET team to do well in the post season and hope we somehow have some luck and get on a roll and win this thing this year. That said the design of the stadium along with all the other BS I went thru along with many of you makes me "ONE AND DONE"
    Happy Holidays all

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Where is ROJF when you need him?

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

New Meadowlands Stadium isn't winning fans over so far with expensive prices and 'unf

"For 34 years, Pete Tirella, a 67-year-old retired Postal Service platform manager, tailgated in the parking lots surrounding Giants Stadium at the Meadowlands before assuming his seat in the third tier. When personal seat licenses were introduced for the New Meadowlands Stadium last year, he paid $1,000 for each of four seats. Tirella, who sits now in the front row of Section 325, drinks in the new, high-priced view, but isn't sure that he is getting his money's worth.

"I was disappointed," Tirella said as he stood in front of his seat before a recent Giants home game. "I thought it would be more elaborate, more finished."

From the tailgaters to the teetotalers, reviews of the new $1.6 billion stadium are being expressed with each game in the building's first season, ranging from complaints of congestion on escalators to wonderment over the video boards. With 15 game days complete, both the Giants and Jets, equal partners in the venture, along with the facility's management, have received wide-ranging complaints about the new digs. Concerns include easing congestion on concourses down to the average wait time at bathrooms.

To those interviewed by the Daily News over the last two months on site before, during and after games, there is an unfinished feel to the widened concourses. Gray beams and black pipes are exposed on all levels, an intentional nod to a more modern design that Jets owner Woody Johnson likens to the look of "iconic New York structures such as the 59th Street Bridge."

Still, stretches of the highest tier's concourse are uncovered, open to wind gusts and other elements from the layer of angled aluminum louver openings on the exterior. The intent, according to designers who worked on the project, was to provide a contrast to the "cave-like" concrete walls of Giants Stadium's upper concourse.

"If they were totally going to shake the Etch a Sketch again, you'd hope they would build something more captivating," says Ara Daglian, a Giants ticket holder.

The fans and teams appear to be looking at the color schemes through a different prism. Ticketholders view the seats, cushioned in the lower bowl and hard plastic in the third tier, as unimaginative with their shades of gray, a color compromise instituted to make both fan bases feel like the stadium is theirs.

"Don't get me wrong," says Donald Vetter, a Jets season ticketholder dating back to the team's days at Shea Stadium. "It feels like we have our own home finally. But you expect more for your money."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...with_expensive_prices_and_.html#ixzz19W6Ay051 "

This is just page 1, click for more enjoyment above.

This article captures a lot of the complaints here, it's basically like going to a warehouse to watch a football game.

9. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

We had two groups of tickets: Our Learnings
    1) 2 seats - LLEZ - we sold about half the games including the Giants game. We made enough profit from the sale to make our PSL payments for next year.

2) For people who have to sell games, sell your Yellow PSL parking pass separately from the tickets. Those babies are easy money makers on SH.

3) 2 seats - UD Sidelines - Although we got aisle seats, they were on a higher row on the visitors side and demand just was not there. We made a small net profit on the games we sold, but:
    a) We hated the UD seats. It was cold up there and the view was horrible. We loved our seats in the LLEZ.
    b) It was a hassle selling games and worrying about selling bad games like the Bills and the Thanksgiving game.
    c) While we "need" two seats, the two UD seats were for when our group grew beyond the core two. Instead of buying two extras season tickets in the UD and selling the rest, we plan to just buy extras on SH when they are needed.

Next season, we are keeping the LLEZ and getting rid of the UD seats.

#11029 Digetydog, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  10. alleycat9

haha madbacker i would never ask for that. i was just looking to put a little pep back into the thread and figured now that we are getting close to the end and have the one more cold weather meaningless game left that i would ask opinions.

i hope that things they listen to the fans about things they can rectify. although the fact that they were anything but honest will surely leave a bad taste with many like it did cbg. i have to imagine 17a is going to be right the novelty alone of a new stadium i am sure brought fans in this year.

it will be interesting to see after the season and people have digested the whole situation what kind of response there will be to the new stadium.

thanks digety cherry picking games seems to be the way to go if you arent going to use them every week.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

First off Happy New Year All---MadBacker thanks for posting that article----yes it definately has the sound and feel of many people on this board including myself!

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So now the end is near,
    and so I face my final tailgate,
    my friends I'll say it clear,
    for a new stadium we could not wait,

Like many of you I've gone all year,
    and with every play,I've let out a cheer,
    the seats set so far back and far removed from the game,
    the stadiums big , some say it sux , but then again " whos to blame".

Game 16, just one more day,
    no home playoffs, they will play away,
    Sunday morning I pray no rain.we just wanna see the shining sun,
    with all this said thanks again Woody after sunday - I am "ONE ND DONE"

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its a sad fact that this Sunday is our last home game, dammit, I wanted the # 1 seed and a freaking home Championship win. I could have ended my season tickets after 30 years with my dream of a home win in late January. But no, same old crap. And we ain't going no where with this defense so inspite of all the things I don't like about this place, I still love the tailgate, live football and being with my Jet family. And until I get my home Championship win like I see every year on TV, I ain't going anywhere no matter how hard Woody makes it. I get really bummed driving to the last game and tomorrow will be no different. Then for the next 9 months, I will drive by and think of all the good times we had in 2010. Come on, as much as this place sucks, its still the thing we love as much as anything and once we give it up, that's it. Going to a couple of games ain't the same. I love real Jet fans, as most of you are, so Happy New Year to the fans that don't leave early and lets get it on one more time before we take the playoff ride from our couches. And man, I hope the other tenant's season is over come Sunday night!!!!!!!!!!!

#11033 sec314, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  14. jetbo

jetbo Member

Last jets home game 2010 season

I could not have said it better myself. And the weather sounds good as well. Maybe Mangini can do us a huge favor and knock off the steelers tomorrow. And if Baltimore beats the Bungles, we would be the 5 seed. So then there would be the slimmest of slim hopes that we could host the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Game vs Pittsburgh on January 23rd in the SWAMP!!!! J E T S, jets jets jets

15. alleycat9

i am sitting here watching the rams vs. seattle and all i can keep thinking is why teh fuck couldnt the jets have thought a little bit about their fans when they built their stadium... well shared stadium. that seattle stadium looks a little weird at first but really mixes the ideas of outside football and protection for fans better than any stadium i have ever seen. yes better than the old dallas stadium because the sun didnt get to shine on the old dallas stadium.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

haha - I was thinking the same thing tonight. Why not some protection from weather for some of us not sitting in a lounge. They couldn't make money from the roof, so they didn't spend anything on one. "Bud Light Roof" "Verizon Roof" couldn't work. I get the dome argument, but some roof coverage should have been included.

There was nothing here done solely for the comfort of the fans unless it generated cash. That my friends is the sad legacy of the stadium temporarily known as "New Meadowlands Stadium"

17. Gator

Gator Active Member

A roof would have made plenty of money for the Stadium owners by hosting indoor events in the winter. Final four, Concerts, etc etc. OTOH the four best teams in the AFC all year all play outdoors in the Northeast so at least we can't be called Dome wussies. It's a tough call.

18. alleycat9

hehe the verizon roof. hey they could have had the verizon guy jump from the roof on a rope with a can you hear me now?

i dont think the giants would have ever signed off on a roof. they pride themselves on being a cold weather old school football team... that plays on turf :)

i will guarantee that if woody thought he would make more money which he would that he would have put a roof on it.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I still don't care about the roof issue.

I am considering not renewing my tix though.

So many tix available for every game at or below face.

I went yesterday and had a good time but I could use the $300 + the day cost me.

I don't know at this point.

20. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If you are in the UD and/or don't go to every game, I think you are making the right call. Even with transaction costs, you will probably save a little money going about it that way. We had our UD seats for "extras" and are giving them up b/c there is little upside on the sales side and we can get "extras" on SH anytime we want with little hassle.

Having said that, we are very happy with our LLEZ seats and are not sorry about our purchase. Net/Net - it would definitely have cost us more money to attend the games buying tickets on SH or TicketExhange b/c of the fees. Of course, we could have gone to the Dolphins and Bills game for cheap.

Good Luck.