17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Lower Sideline (regular season $140 face)

Service and Handling Fee Section US $10.00
    PARKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Section YELL1 US $25.00
    Parking Divisonal Game Section YELL1 US $25.00

Championship Game Section 116 1 Adult US $190.00
    Divisonal Playoff Game Section 116 1 Adult US $175.00

Corner Club (regular season $195 face)

Divisonal Playoff Game Section 244 1 Adult US $245.00
    Championship Game Section 244 1 Adult US $295.00
    Parking Divisonal Game Section GREEN1 US $35.00
    PARKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Section GREEN1 US $35.00
    Service and Handling Fee US $10.00

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Just received this email from the Jets:

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

The NFL has asked playoff contenders to begin planning for the post season. Imagine the energy and excitement of 80,000 Jets fans cheering on the team in our new home stadium...it could happen. Below is everything you need to know about the playoffs.

Number of Playoff Games

We could host a maximum of two home playoff games, which could be either the Wild Card and AFC Championship games, or the Divisional and AFC Championship games.
    You will be receiving your playoff invoice in the mail within the next week. That invoice represents the ticket cost for these last two games. You can also pay that invoice online today (see link below).

Purchase Requirement

One of the benefits of being a season ticket holder is that you can purchase your seats to home playoff games. If you plan to cheer us on, you must purchase all of the seats in your account for both games.
    Except for optional parking, which must be purchased in advance, any payments for less than the full invoice amount of the tickets cannot be accepted or processed. If any games are not played, the balance will be applied to your 2011 season ticket account unless you indicate otherwise on your invoice.

Payment Information

Full payment is due on or before December 22, 2010 to guarantee your season ticket location. If full payment is not made by the deadline, the tickets will be released for sale. You have two ways to purchase:
    Credit Card: To make your payment quickly and easily online, visit My Jets Account, click the "Pay My PLAYOFF Invoice" button, log in with your account number (XXXXXX) and password, and enter your credit card information. Your card will be charged on a game-by-game basis. Once you've entered your credit card information you have guaranteed purchase for both games if they are played.
    Check: Use the return envelope enclosed with the invoice being mailed to you to send your check with your full payment to us. That must be received by the due date.

Super Bowl Eligibility

If you decline this playoff option, your season ticket status for next year will not be affected.
    Should the Jets advance to the Super Bowl this season, only those who purchase this playoff package will be eligible for any selection process to purchase Super Bowl tickets from the Jets "Participating Team Allotment."

Ticket Mailing

All playoff tickets will be sent via FedEx to arrive by the end of the year.
    You will be emailed a tracking number for your playoff ticket package.
    Thank you for being the best fans in the NFL. Hope to see all of you in our new stadium in January! Enjoy the rest of the season.

Thank you,

The New York Jets

#10922 Section 227. Row 5, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  3. Section 227. Row 5

Don't rely on this season's ticket resales as a benchmark. This year has been HORRIBLE for unloading tickets even in this winning season, mostly because of scheduling. The times and dates of some of these games has been horrendous. Late Sunday games, MNF games, Thanksgiving late game, etc. Simple horrendous game times to try and get maximum value for tickets if you are selling. I think the hassle of not knowing where to park and how to get in and out has kept buyers away also. Who wants the hassle of all that? "Fuck it, I'll stay home and watch on TV."

But don't let this season make you think PO tickets won't be worth more than face. And I don't care about "NY Metro" playoff tickets. This isn't baseball. This is the NY Jets and these Jets don't make the PO's very often. Now they look like they'll not only ake the playoffs, they might be able to go deep and possibly all the way. This is a huge change from what we've seen, maybe since 1969 even. We're not backing into playoffs this year by the looks of it. We're not counting on what other teams are doing from the looks of it. It's starting to smell like we're legit contenders and this will keep the prices strong.

But hey, listen, if you don't want to buy playoff tickets because you think you won't be able to sell them, be my guest. I'll be gladly buying them (all 8 of them) to use at least one of the packages if not all or sell one of them. A $140 playoff ticket will have to fetch $164 on StubHub to break even. I'm saying I think a mid-level Upper Deck sideline seat will go for $180 or more. More if lower rows and less if upper back rows of the respective sections.

4. Section 227. Row 5

PURCHASE REQUIREMENT: "If you plan to cheer us on, you must purchase all of the seats in your account for both games."

Unless you have your two sets of seats in two different accounts, I don't see the Jets allowing you to pick and choose. It looks like all or nothing.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

First let's make a distinction between the upper and lower seats. Upper seats might as well be on the moon, people won't pay crazy money unless its the Super Bowl, and that's mainly because of all the people that come from out of town. There's no way the market will be over 200 for uppers. Lowers I can see doing well

6. GordonGecko

If you raise a stink you should be able to get around that. The actual PSL contract says nothing about having to buy all or nothing seats in your account

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well at least it says if you DO NOT purchase PO tix you will have no option to get SB tix from the team. :jets:

8. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahaha... yes, let's make a distinction between the uppers and Lowers. I'd be glad to. People won't HAVE TO pay "crazy money" for the Uppers becasue we don't have any vested interest in recouping a percentage of a fucked-up PSL that we talked ourselves into paying. Therefore, I can sell my Section 342s for $185 on StubHub and net $157 after the 15% commission, giving me a profit of $17 X 4 = $68. And the buyer gets a nice hard copy ticket the next day by FedEx. That's on StubHub. If I sell them on TicketBastard, there's only a 10% commission, so my profit goes to $26 a ticket, or $104 for the set.

You, on the other hand, should be looking to recoup at least some portion of your cockamamie PSL, if you want to be perfectly honest with yourself. You're going to have to charge considerably more than $185 for your playoff seats. I wouldn't blame you for backing out. Who the hell wants to spend $1,000 for 4 seats to any local game, and who the hell buys those tickets from somebody like you for that kind of "crazy" money, especially when they realize they're helping subsidize somebody else's cockamamie, fucked up PSL charge?

It's all relative, of course. You want to compare or "make a distinction" between Uppers and all other PSL seats. I say you need to also make a distinction as to WHERE the seats are within both areas. What you can get is all going to depend on where your setas are within each individual section, so it's not accurate to blanket general areas and say one is better than another.

I've been doing this since 1985. Please let me know if your experience goes beyond that and what you base your ticket sales price opinions on other than pure speculation.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, just like we were all able to get around everything else by raising a stink. You have GOT to be kidding. Please tell me you are not serious!

10. GordonGecko

FYI, I don't have any PSLs. I had 4 lowers in the old place between the posts in 121 and I walked away. I may buy back in, especially with one less preseason game, but I haven't decided yet.

I'm basing my opinions on about 5 years of recent experience as a de-facto unpaid ticket sales agent for the Yankees, Jets, Mets, Rangers, & Knicks. I know this market pretty well and the resale margins have been going down consistently ever since (1) the secondary resale market was opened legally and made (2) very accessible with stubhub/craigslist & other sites, and (3) the economy took a dive.

I only had to watch a Jets game once at the New Meadowlands in the upper deck and then in the lower level to realize that uppers are almost worthless. NO ONE is going to pay over $200 to just "get in the door" for a round 1 playoff game, and actually I'm guessing they wouldn't either for round 2 either. What you're ignorant about is that those stubhub prices right now are with almost no postings. As soon as most people begin listing the competition will go up and prices will come down, so your $68-$104 profit will evaporate.

But you don't need to believe me, just keep watching in January

Common dude, I know you're not that stupid. Obviously you can't get whatever you want, but this isn't "getting what you want", it's getting what's permitted under your ticket licensing terms. I've yet to see any language at the begin of the season that states in writing that you must purchase playoff tickets for every seat in your account. The only language I've seen is, and is pretty standard, is that you must buy all games or none. But interestingly enough, the Rangers let you opt out of any round you want, so you could just pay for the Stanley Cup Playoffs if you wanted.

11. Section 227. Row 5

As long as we're speculating, let's really explore the limits of mental masturbation. I don't want to break your bubble, but your cockamamie PSL seats are going to increase dramatically in the future, so consider your current playoff prices to be cheap and probably the lowest that you'll ever see in your entire lifetime. Better buy them now while you can afford them.

How do I know? Well, pure speculation, of course, but with a little history lesson thrown in for credibility. My Mezz tickets DOUBLED during the Woody years. A price increase of 10% per year add-on for 7.5 years doubles the principle. I know you've read my math before but chose to ignore it.

Now, with all the unrest and disappointment being reported by Upper Deckers this year (escalators, lavatories, parking, etc) and the possible ensuing cancellations this spring as a result of many UDers wanting to relocate or telling the Jets to plain out "shove it," who do you think Woody will turn to for his ticket price increases? Do you think the cheap little bastard will increase the Upper Deck seats while he is being bombarded with hourly phone calls in the spring by UDers demanding that he "upgrade me or else I'm done?" I don't think so. Well, let's see... "Where else can I turn?"

"Oh yeah, I know. I'll fuck those little assholes who were dumb enough to buy my cockamamie PSLs in the first place. The rich, stupid bastards have plenty of money or they wouldn't have been dumb enough to fall for my PSL Ponzi Scheme to begin with... either that or they just plain don't care. I'll stick it to them, because these ornery old bastards like that guy 227 sure as hell don't have any tolerance right now for even the slightest of price increases. Besides, I already have PSL money in the house from those other little assholes, so what else are they gonna do but pay me? And that includes playoff tickets too."

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Any season ticket holder who doesn't buy playoff tickets is a MORON.

1) When you factor in the cost of PSL's into regular season games only, the playoff tickets are actually pretty much the same price as regular season games.
    2) Anyone should be able to resell their tickets at a profit if they cannot go.
    3) Purchasing tickets gets you in the SB lottery should it happen.

No risk and possible reward = no brainer.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, I'll at least let you off the hook today because I thought you had a PSL. You and the turkey get pardoned for Thanksgiving.

Now, as far as the language in the ticket license terms, you will probably find that their "out" is that they are talking about "regular season" tickets. Playoff tickets and SB tickets are something else.

I have to tell you that in all the years of buying the Playoff tickets (and I think Loge is correct, maybe it was like 5 times in the past 26 years), I ALWAYS had to buy all the tickets in my account and for BOTH games. No in between. It was all or nothing.

Of course, I was so starved for affection that I always bought the entire package and would have bought more if I could. Playoff tickets for a Jets fan were like being offered tickets to see the 2nd Coming of Christ. Everybody wants to see this because it may never come again in our lifetime.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Exactly WTF is a "de-facto unpaid ticket sales agent" and does 5 years experience doing that surpass 26 years experience as a season ticketholder? Just wondering....

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way. Gobble, gobble, gobble....

15. GordonGecko

16. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

At 10 minutes until the game started, that is about what one would expect.

17. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Ive been pretty lucky this year Ive broke even with all of the games Ive sold this season. Jets-Giants pre season, Bengals, the only game I got less than face for was the 2nd pre-season game

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah but only PSL's owners will be in the SB lottery.

Wasn't that one of the great "perks" promoted for convincing us to buy PSL's? The one we host will have some more tickets available that all of us will have a slight shot at.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

Never heard that. All we were told was that if you bought Coaches Club tixx you automatically got SB tixx. Everyone else it was open game.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm not able to pay the 610 for some reason. Anybody else having this problem?

My minimum payment says $0??