17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There you are, it's been a couple of weeks..... How is ROJF doing? Or should I say how are you doing ROJF?

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, but like... isn't November 1st this Monday?

3. Section 227. Row 5

Another embarrasing, ridiculously arrogant stunt. Have the Jets and Giants no shame?

As far as justifying this egregious ripoff by citing increased insurance costs for "tours," can there be any more risk than drunken, wasted, either extremely aggitated or emotionally exhuberant fans drunkenly running from the games to beat the traffic? I don't want to hear "insurance" as an excuse. If that's the case, the Jets-Giants need to question their underwiters, because a tour constitutes little or no significant risk.

No, I'm afraid it's just one more greedy attempt to relieve fans of their money. Anyone who wastes $20 on a tour is better off waiting for a concert they want to go to and then buying cheap seats in the uppers at the last minute for just abut the same price.

I waited until the last minute on the Eagles concert and bought two for $20 each. The best part of the story is, these were seats in Row 3 Upper Prime! When I told other people at the concert who had bought much earlier (and got ripped off), they couldn't fucking believe it! Here I am waving to them from Row 3 and they're in Row 23 and paid like $85.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Gotta scratch my head at some people's reactions here, tours are pretty cool and I'll gladly pay the 20 bucks to see the locker rooms, weight rooms, player entrances, etc etc just like I ponied up at Citi Field and Yankee Stadium

5. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I didn't see anything about what areas the tours would include, but I did not search the website. At the last few old stadium tours locker rooms were not included, but you did get to see the luxury boxes that most people could not afford.

On a side note I listed my yellow parking this morning on TE and it sold before I got home from work for $35 (guess I should have priced it higher, but what is a few extra bucks) If I am going with others for the Sunday games I'm not going to use it so might as well get something for it.

6. Section 227. Row 5

If you like paying $20 for tours, try taking in the excellent value in seeing the historic landmarks in downtown Philadelphia or the Camden Aquarium... something educational for the kids. Ellis Island is a terrific tour at half the price and you can look up your ancestors in their registry. Seeing where Mark Sanchez hangs his jockstrap isn't my idea of an interesting day, sorry. And especially for $20 per person.

"Look folks... here's the executive bathroom in Woody Johnson's personal suite. This is where he actually takes a dump before the games!" No thanks.

7. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am most certainly not ROJF.

1. Except in the upper deck or Mezz, I hate front row seats. I like a little height so I can see the game. My dream seats (money no object), 50 yard line in the Mezz sections 239 or 213. Sadly, I have a budget and they aren't doable unless I win the Powerball.

2. I don't have seats all over the stadium. I have 2 in the LLEZ and 2 in the UDSL. If I sit anywhere else, it is b/c I picked up cheap club seats to the Bills game on SH as part of a plan to get out of the cold.

3. I assume that when he got banned, they banned his IP address. If not, what is the point of banning someone who can just sign in with a new e-mail address?

BTW - I think $20 for the tour is stupid, but I also think paying $30K + $700 per game for a Coaches Club seat is stupid. But, if people are willing to pay for a tour, I am not going to stop the Jets from separating a fool from his/her money.

8. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Now that I think about it, I would pay $20 to take the tour including of the Maras' personal suite if they promised to let me visit their personal crapper. With a little pre-tour ex-lax and plenty of Mexican food, I am pretty sure I can flood the place.

9. Section 227. Row 5

You are definitely not ROJF and your above post is a good example of why you are not him. For one thing, your thoughts have organization and exhibit intelligence. Your points are concise and not rambling, and they actually make sense. Finally, you are not full of yourself.

No... I'll be able to spot ROJF within 3 posts when he returns. And believe me, he'll return. He can't help himself.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yet another classic from 227!!! if i want to spend 20 bucks for a tour ill go to a rutgers game or one of the state championship high school games.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

I have 3 yellow passes per game. Sold one on craigslist for $55 cash and the other on craigslist worked thru paypal for $58. You're better off selling on there you can easily get $45 per pass per game probably more.

12. Clayture

Clayture Member

I think it sucks that the Jets are successfully setting up a market for tailgating. Those of us who bought tickets and/or psl's and now parking passes are having the prices affected by this secondary market. Hope you enjoy your profit.

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

LOL'ing at the Jets now charging $20 a person for a "complete" tour of the stadium. Joke.

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Both the Jets and the Giants have found thousands and thousands of fans who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars for the right to spend thousands and thousands of dollars more ...

why is a $20 tour price even as issue ??

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Some people are cheap

16. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Can anybody tell me if they scam the parking passes? I have never used a parking pass before. Thanks!

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No scams going on that I know of.

When parking they scan your pass to gain entry to that lot. At least in the Green and Yellow lots they do.

18. jetbo

jetbo Member

Parking pass scam

Be sure to buy them from a reputable Source as parking passes can be a scam just like game tickets.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sometimes they scan and other times they don't for some reason. Of the 4 games I have been to(inclduing preseason), I think they scanned my pass one time.

20. Section 227. Row 5

They HAVE TO scan everything now. Tickets (including Parking Passes) can be sold electronically (and even emailed) from your My Account or from StubHub. If they don't scan, they have no way of knowing if the ticket is valid, even when presented with the original hard-copy stub.