17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Is it a far walk from D to 17A? I'm bringing a tray or two of food, sterno racks, coolers, chairs- there's no way I'm humping all of this shit over to where he sits, right? Is it an easy exit from Gate D to hit Staten Island?

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

And you'll be in 27 too mofo. See you Sunday.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I've been taking escalators up and stairs down for all the games so far.

Stairs are way better than the old walkway deals. Except there are no titties at halftime.

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Do I need a pack of buros to get my shit from where 17 sets up shop to lot D? Am I going to look like a complete asshole trying to hump all of this shit over there?
    How far, point to point?

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Are you allowed to park where we park with your parking pass?

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Yes, I can park with the common people- I was just under the impression that it was alot easier for in/out being in gate D.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

[​IMG]

Koz, I didn't realize you had to hump a bunch of stuff with you from D over to Lot 27. If that's the case, shitcan my idea for you to park in Lot D (or B) because you will have to hump this stuff back and forth over the cattle walk. Yes, it probably would be easier for you to exit south from there, but plan on parking in Lot 27 with the guys and make it easy on yourself. Not a problem.

Staten Island > NJ Turnpike North > Exit 16W. After you pay the toll, you have no choice but to stay straight and then the road will wind to your right. Look for Rte 3 EAST, get on Rte 3 East and go about 1.5 miles, then look for Rte 120 North. The approach will bear to the right and then circle to the left as you approach Rte 120. Take this bend as if you are going to get on 120 North, but do not take it. Rather, there is a fork to the right... TAKE THAT. You will now be heading north on that side road, along the east side of the entire complex. At your first opportunity, make the left into the 27/28 area and find Lot 27. 27a should be the SE tip of Lot 27 (I think).

Leaving, try to get on this same road heading south. There will be plenty of signs for the TNPK. If you can't, and they head you north, no problem. Just keep looking for NJ Turnpike in general or NJ TPKE signs SOUTH. You want to get on the TNPK south and this will bring you back to Staten Island. I would try to be at the lot no later than 2 1/2 - 3 hours ahead of time if you want to make it as stress-free as possible... more if you just want to hang out and really enjoy.

Have fun guys! I am doing Rolling Thunder on Sunday. Hope to meet up with you all on some other game day!

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Thanks again- I really do appreciate all of the information. Good luck @ Rolling Thunder! Weather should be great!

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Have a good time 227. We'll see you soon.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

[​IMG]

Koz ~

Here is a picture I took Monday afternoon at 3:30, 3 1/2 hours before kickoff. I am standng outside the entrance to Lot 26. Refer to the map at the bottom for reference. I am on the east side of Lot 26, camera shooting south, with the IZOD Center across the street from me. The sign says "Grange Tits" on it because it changes from "Green & Yellow >" to "Orange ^." Anyway, look carefully beyond the white vehicle. The entrance to the walkover is between the Parking Deck and the ugly ramp thing on the right. This is the entrance to it. It's quite a walk from 26. Refer to the map at the bottom for referrence.

[​IMG]

Now I've moved my camera to the right facing SE, still at the entrance to Lot 26. The camera has moved to the right of the big ugly slide thingy. You can still see the rest of the Parking Garage and on the horizon, you can see the walkover that crosses over Rte 120. To my right is the rest of Lot 26, and then 120 on the other side of that, and then Lot B and then the stadium. Parking Lot D is out beyond where the flags are. Refer to the below map again to get your bearings.

[​IMG]

Now I've turned completely around to my left and the IZOD is on my right. The camera is aimed NE. Lot 27 is just beyond the edge of the IZOD building where the other flashing sign is and where you see the cars starting to park.

These 3 shots give you a perspective of just how much distance you have between Lot 27 and the walkover and stadium. If you are planning on parking in Lot 27, when you leave 27, try not to get on this road I am standing next to, because it is a One Way south alright (so you are tempted), but it will eventually make you go north on 120, then you will have to do a U-Turn to get on 120 South to the TNPK, fighting traffic all the way. Try to exit on the other side (East side) of 27 and go out that way to try to go south.

Everyone can start to see the nightmare these traffic nazis have set up for you. You find yourself willing to settle for any place... anything that will get you off the road and into an Orange lot, only to find out that getting out is a tangled maze too.

Hope this all helps you and many other guys. Sooner or later we will all settle into our own traffic patterns and find the easiest ways, but I'm afraid it will never be the same as it used to be or as convenient for everyone the way the old Giants Stadium was situated.

[​IMG]

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

2010 NFL Ticket Prices Associated Press Story

NEW YORK -- It's costing more to watch the NFL in person this season, especially for fans of the Giants and Jets.

The Team Marketing Report said Friday that average ticket prices for NFL games increased 4.5 percent this year to $76.47, up from a 3.9 percent hike last season.

The New York teams had the steepest increases after moving into New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

Jets non-premium tickets went up 31.8 percent to $114.64 on average, and the Giants rose 26 percent to $111.69. The New Orleans Saints raised their average 20.5 percent to $74.99 after winning the Super Bowl.

The New England Patriots' prices stayed flat, but they still had the highest average cost -- $117.84. The Dallas Cowboys are fourth at $110.20, also with no increase.

The Cleveland Browns have the lowest average ticket price at $54.51, a drop of 0.3 percent. Twenty-one of the 32 teams kept their average ticket cost the same or lowered it.

Among premium seats, the Patriots also were first at $566.67, followed by the Giants ($464.75), Chicago Bears ($372), Cowboys ($340), Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($295) and Jets ($287.41).

There were pockets of empty club seats at the Meadowlands for the first regular-season home games of the Giants and Jets -- but the games weren't blacked out in local markets because premium seats aren't included when the NFL counts sellouts for blackout purposes.

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Although I sold my Pats tickets a long time ago, I signed into SH to see if I should have waited to sell. LL (including LLEZ) seats continue to sell at very good prices. UD and Mezz seats are tanking in price.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

31.8% there is absolutey no reason the ticket prices should ever go up 31.8%. they fail to mention that is in addition to the ass raping of psls and higher parking prices.

the nfl is going to do much damage to itself over the next few years if they are not careful. there are more and more kids who couldnt care less about football, and the way the nfl is handling things they dont appear to even give a shit. they have a captive audience of 20-45 year olds that will do anything to support football.

they cant treat the fans like this forever though. i expect issues after the lockout next year. goodell will fuck this league up if its the last thing he does.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i pay $5 more to park farther away
    i pay $15 more to sit higher and from the 40 to the end zone corner
    2 rows directly in front of me have been empty for both preseason games and the home opener.

soooo woody can go suck a dick

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I disagree about the lockout/new CBA. In all likelihood, there will be an 18 game schedule in 2011 (2012 at the latests) meaning STH's will get an extra real game.

As to pricing of tickets, empty seats will prevent ticket price increases. Because tickets cannot be stored (after the game takes place), teams have a very strong incentive to price tickets at the market clearing prices.

Barring a Super Bowl victory, 2011 price increases will be minimal.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the 18 game schedule will be helpful for the fans. the lockout and possibility of no football for a portion or an entire season will be huge as far as fans go. even the nfl will feel a backlash on that.

your right the amount of empties will definitely lessen the amount of ticket price increase but i can see 227 being right on woody getting his back on the discounted areas. i was really talking about the 31% increase from last year. even with seats being below market value 31 percent is a big pill to swallow from year to year, new stadium or not.

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

31% is a huge pill to swallow, but the true price increase was much greater. The statistic quoted references "non-premium" seats only. When you consider the number of non-premium seats that are now premium seats, the average increase was probably closer to 50%.

With the exception of the suites and club seats, the rest of the stadium is relatively "the same" as the old stadium. By building a new stadium, they gave themselves an excuse to raise ticket prices accross the board.

For exaple, assume the 31% price increase applies to all 82,500 seats. The Jets are easily bringing in excess of $2m more revenues per game.

18. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Got tickets for tomorrow from a family member. My 1st game (well, the Giants/steelers preseason didn't count) at the new building.

Pretty excited.

Lower Level corner endzone.

Yellow parking pass.

#10238 davecrazy, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

put this anywhere you think it belongs---------my gameday experiece started off like crap!!!! These parking guards are F ing clueless these new rules blow----and change minute to minute!!!! I hope and pray that I get an e-mail from the Jets tonight or soon asking "how was your day at the stadium " because these people working for the JETS SUCK!!!

SORRY FOR THE RANT BUT HERE GOES----very similar problem as before but slightly different------I come in from Paterson plank road--I have a yellow pass and I want to park in M2 (a yellow lot)--we were not allowed to park there last week due to Military parking--okay so we decided if we could not get to M2 we would all park in M3 ,,both yellow lots. I get to the turn in the srvice road just past the paddock and the guy says tells me I cannot turn--to continue going straight--I tell him "the guy in front of me just turned" he says "go straight" so I go straight 50 yards make a u turn and try again to get onto the service road and they don't let me go,,again--the guy in front of turned onto the service road--so the guard tells me he had a pass I say SO DO I---he says I cannot go----I am livid , my wife is telling me to calm down , if any of you guys were caught in the traffic jam forming behind me I apologize here and now but these guards are JERK-Of$$-------I TELL THE GUY I WANT TO PARK IN m2 , I have a pass its a yellow lot he says I cannot park there--------they tell me to enter thru the next gate/ opening and that I can get to M2 ----if any of you are familiar with this area , they barracade off each lot so you CANNOT CUT thru--the guy says I can----long story short I cannot wait until we hopefully win this freaking superbowl and this year is over-----I enjoyed the win but I am one and done!!!!!
    PS getting into the stadium thru the gate was a nitemare----AS BAD AS THE WORST GAME LAST YEAR---unreal so much for easy blah blah blah--it took forever to get in and we missed the kickoff---------ONE AND DONE!!!!

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

Entering today still was a pain in the ass but exiting I took the stairs and was much more of a pleasure. My dad wasn't with me today but I told him for the Vikings game bring his running shoes and make sure his legs are stretched out. Was in lot K and back home within an hour after the game ended.