17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You'd think Rice would spring for club seats for them. What a deadbeat

_

#10201 GordonGecko, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Hey guys can someone please post the most up-to date parking map? I want to see where 27A izod center is in relation to the closest yellow lot.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I tried. It's on the Jets site you lazy bum.

4. GordonGecko

[​IMG]

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

We will be in 27, I guess it is 27A.

The closest yellow lot is D which is across Rte 120.

So, you will have to walk through the covered walkway deal from D, make a left and walk past IZOD on right.

Keep walking straight.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"Tell Us About Your Jets Gameday Experience"

I posted this in its own thread, but it's worth posting in this one in case some of you only visit this one particular thread under "Jets Experience":

If you are a Season Ticketholder and attended the Ravens game, you received an email from the Jets within the past several days. It is an online survey of your gameday experience.

I beseech everyone who has received this email to respond to the Jets quickly. I know many of you with PSLs had a different experience than I did, but I also know Monday night's game was an eye-opener for almost everyone. Even my heating and air conditioning repair man this morning said to me, "What do you think of the new stadium? I've heard a lot of people complaining!"

For me, by far, the biggest nuisance and hassle is the Orange Parking fiasco. If you are Upper Deck and along the Pepsi-Verizon (or even Pepsi Corner EZ) area, the hike to your car is unconscionable.

I used my survey to BLAST parking management about a number of issues, but mostly the huge inconvenience that was bestowed upon Upper Deckers in or near the Pepsi Corner with an almost 2 mile walk to and from the car.

I also hit the escalators hard. Going in, we used the escalators and found they had areas inexplicably roped off between levels, so that you had to go out and around the concessions to get to the next leg up. Ridiculous!

But again, for me, it is the Orange Parking situation. I told them in no uncertain terms that if the Orange areas are not expanded (or exchanged with some of the Yellow areas), that they would undoubtedly lose many, many people from the Upper Decks. I told them that I feel deceived, that when I bought my seats from Manny Jacobo back in June 16, 2009, I had every right to expect that parking would not be a problem, since most of theparking is to the SW of the stadium. Instead (I told them), it's as if they intentionally went out of their way to make parking as inconvenient as possible for us, especially those who live south of the stadium.

I know this is not the major concernof most of you, but I urge you to complete the survey anyway. I'm afraid some of the things that are wrong (do I dare go into the list?) will NOT be corrected because they cannot possibly be. I am talking about major, structural design flaws. But concentrate on what CAN be improved upon, namely the Orange Parking injustice and lot entrances/exits and staff heading people out into southbound lanes who want to go north and vice-versa. Simple pathetic management!

Finally, be forceful. I told them in no uncertain terms that I will be ONE and DONE if the items that CAN be corrected are not fixed immediately, including re-naming parking areas. And I told them that I personally know many others who feel the same way. The ONLY THING these people understand is what affects their wallets. Tell them you will WALK AWAY, even if you are a PSL holder (heh-heh... ROJF will support that, I am sure, since it's so "easy" to do so) if these things are not corrected immediately.

Thanks for listening. I am done for now, unless they call me. They asked for my email and phone number... so let's see if they call. I seriously doubt it.

7. GordonGecko

Major concern for me is that any seat in upper half of the stadium is too far from the field. I'm not spending a dime ever again on anything above the lower mezzanine or lower level. The parking, train, & escalator situations have been completely botched, but those aren't deal breakers. Not being able to read the number off the players backs? That's not something I can get over

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Manny Jacobo
    Real Name Emmanuel Jacobo
    Sales Manager
    (973) 549-4822
    ejacobo@newjetsstadium.com

Experience
    Sales Manager at the New York Jets NY Jets
    Sports industry

January 2009 – Present (1 year 9 months)

Oversee a staff of 65+.
    Maintain substantial individual sales numbers while overseeing staff.

Education
    Canisius College MSA and MBA Master of Sport Administration and Master of Business Administration
    2006 – 2008

Canisius College BA and BS Psychology and Digital Media Arts
    2000 – 2005

Can't believe you would think Manny would lie, with a BA and a BS in Psychology you think he would be good enough at it you would never know.

9. Section 227. Row 5

[​IMG]

Koz,

You were nice enough several years ago (you probably don't even remember) to give me excellent directions to Hofstra when I was attending TC there.

So if I can help you at all, please don't hesitate. You're in pretty good hands with 17a and Pats Hater though. Hater approaches from the north, if I'm not mistaken, so 17a will probably give you the most accurate info coming up from the south (from LI).

Trouble is, we're all still trying to figure this out, and previous recon missions to scout out the best ways have been totally fucked up by parking lot management (blocking off some entrances/exits, one way streets, sending people north who want to go south and vice-versa, parking lot people with their heads up their asses and lot attendants who are actually refusing parking passes because they can't scan them)!!!!

One thing I will tell you right now. I have always taken exit 16W off the Turnpike. Monday night I decided to sail past 16W and take 18W and come in fromthe north. Big mistake for me, because I was not used to it. And also, why go further north than I need to if I'm approaching from the south?

My advice would be to get off at 16W and take Rte 3 east to where it intersects with 120 north. But at that juncture, take the fork to the right, which is the road that runs along the EAST side of the IZOD center. You will come upon Lot 28 on your left, and I would pull in there immediately and then make your way over to Lot 27.

27A will be on the southern end of Lot 27, if they are laid out anything like the others. The southernmost end of Lot 26 (by the parking deck) for example, is 26A... then 26B and 26C as it goes north from there.

The other advice I would give you is to exit from 27 back to the east again. I exited Lot 26 to the south (because I'm heading south) only to be forced onto 120 NORTH and then do the turnaround to go south. It's going to take a while for me to get my set-up going so I can easily get in and out.

That aggrevates the entire entrance and exit fiasco is the length of time it takes you to walk over the ramp to the stadium. I used to be in and out in minutes (quite literally). Now it is the worst nightmare I have ever encountered in over 25 years of going to the games.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You sir, are a gentleman. Thanks very much for the info.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I may not be done yet, Koz. Is it my understanding that you have a Yellow Parking pass? That may change things slightly for you.

If you have a Yellow Pass, you can do one of TWO things now.

1) They will accept your Yellow pass in the Orange area. So now you could park in 27 if you want to and not have to schlepp back and forth over the cattle ramp that bridges Rte 120.

2) OR, if you have a yellow pass, for the sake of exiting quicker even, I would park in Lot D. To do this, take 16W (as I outlined before) to Rte 3 EAST. But now when you get to 120 North, TAKE IT. Do not take the right fork that I spoke of because that will take you out to theeast of the entire area (to get to Lot 27). Instead, TAKE 120 NORTH and you will see LOT D on your left but will not be able to make a left to pull into it. You will stay on Rte 120 north and look for the U-turn sign and get onto Rte 120 SOUTH. NOW you will come up on Lot D again and be able to make the right into it. The reason I would recomment this (if you indeed have a Yellow Pass is that you will be able to exit much quicker now at the end of the game. You want to pull back out of Lot D heading SOUTH on Rte 120, then look for the NJ TNPK signs and enter heading south on the TNPK and you'll be all set to go back to LI.

Hope this all helps.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BTW the actual and only person to talk to about parking is Robert D. Jordan CFE who works for Jets, VP Design and Construction New Meadowlands stadium.

Manny though can have a nice talk with you with how you feel about parking and help you work through your feelings related to parking.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

BTW the actual and only person interested in your posts is you.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Then why are you responding. I know the Jets are going to go to 227 ok we will give you a PSL Yellow Parking pass even though you are in UD since you are a loyal customer with multiple seats.

My interest now is will 227 sell out and take it or will he take a stand for the great good. I personally, would sell out. But 227 is of a higher moral fiber. p

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll be in D beyotch....If you want gimme a call when u get there so I can kick you across the highway to lot 27a

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I did the stairs also, if you can do it, saves a lot of time. Took the shuttle bus to the Izod also. Between the 2, saved me about 15 minutes. I hear the escalators are a nightmare after the game. If we can ever win a home game. maybe things will seem better.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

If we win Sunday, I'll attempt to run down the stairs. Just stay out of my way.

#10218 Chrisp22, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  19. Section 227. Row 5

If we lose Sunday, I'll avoid the stairs AND the escalator and just throw myself off the building. Look out below!

No seriously, I'm doing Rolling Thunder on Sunday out of Warrananco Park in Elizabeth, so I cannot make this game. I've been doing this for so long I cannot let the other guys down on this.

But good luck to you guys and I hope you all have a good time. I'll be at home in front of my flat-screen by kickoff time.