17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I know it was just preseason and no fireman Ed, but my worst nightmare came true tonight in the PSL section.

Absolute duds, so freakin quiet.

So empty too, I looked up to the UD and saw that it looked pic and I just started to wonder if I really made the right choice.

Hopefully once the regular season gets here we get rowdy.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

17a and I were sitting up there looking at completely empty sections of PSL seats. There was nobody down there....

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

In my section, we had most of the cast (rejects) from Jersey Shore. My personal favorite was the d-bag with the "Situation" haircut, a wifebeater, and FACEPAINT. What kid of D-bag wears facepaint to a preseason game? I wanted to beat him with a stick.

4. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

Anything short of a virtual teardown/replacement of the building would not be PSL-able for the people who already own PSLs. They can do whatever they want to the upper deck, but no valid way to assess current PSL holders without building a new stadium.

And I know they can theoretically dramatically raise prices as high as they want, but in reality they can't. With so many people financing the PSLs, anything unreasonable would be met with thousands (if not tens of thousands) of people walking away from their PSLs. In such a scenario, it would be nearly impossible for the Jets to do anything about it. If people can walk away from an underwater mortgage with no fear of lawsuits, you can bet they won't hesitate to do the same with a PSL. And I am pretty sure that walking away from a PSL won't impact your credit -- does anyone recall giving the Jets a social security number?

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

PARKING STILL A MESS-------the signs off of 120 / Paterson plank road still say that "orange passes cannot enter" to go to lot P----also I have a yellow pass and once inside the guard tried to tell me I could not park where we HAVE PARKED FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS even though it is a Yellow LOT, I had to make a U turn and come back because this clown gave me a hard time.
    The Stadium was almost as dead as the offense last nite----I guess Fireman Ed only attends the games they pay him to be at but there were sure alot of empty seats there but it was a meaningless Friday nite game--traffic sucked

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I had a yellow pass and they wound up parking me in a green lot next to the stadium. Also it said you could pay cash $50 to park in the lots.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

THe upper deck was also dead but a lot the ticket holders did not show up. Whatever!! After the newness wore off from game 1, I gotta tell ya. The place is a dump, the inner shell is the cheapest structure I have ever seen, its just concrete and steel supports, they didn't even attempt to hide stuff. And the signs for the sections and food courts look like they came from 1950, everything is so damm cheap. And in section 319/320 I have to walk to 313 to go to the bathroom. There are no bathrooms near us. Now the really depressing news, its to damm far away from the field and I am in row 10. I am not feeling good after and awful, lifeless played pre-season game and the place got to me last night. If we have a real dissapointing season combined with the hassles, $ and the shit seats, it could 30 years and done. Last night sucked!!!!

#9827 sec314, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it was my understanding that they could charge a new psl for any upgrade to the stadium. granted i will not claim to know anything about what they can and cant do. so i will take your word for it.

9. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I took the stairs at the end of the stadium to see the seats I have on the upper level. It was an endless maze 20 steps, turn 20 steps must be about 16 different flights. Never again.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I actually had a good expensive time last night.i brought 3 of my 4 kids.it is my oldest sons 8th birthday and he had a great time with pats hater son.they where cheering and ridiculing redskins fans.my 2 young ones played musical chairs all night and ate tons of food.family bathroom was right outside of my section and i was there 4 times.people who work there where very helpful with the kids and information. But it was preseason and for the kids.NOW comes the regular season and the rowdyness

11. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Not called Allianz Stadium but still run like Nazi Germany.
    I'm out here visiting my family so I was able to catch a Mets game (Citi Field is a 10!) and last night's game (New Meadowlands is a 5.5/6 max).
    The parking situation, as previously discussed ad nauseum, is an absolute disgrace. They should punish people for not getting to the game early, like it was w/ the old first come/first serve policy instead of these specific lots. The price ($50) is high, but for that amount you should be able to park where you want - and where your friends/family are.
    We sat in section 117 (side note...J.Taylor's wife or gf is hot as shit) and we had friends in 109, where there were 10 seats empty around them. We just wanted to say hello and they made it seem like we were setting up a sniper's perch.
    The seats are tight as shit and in this fat-f*** society, there's going to be plenty of fatties SOL there. And that's in the 100's! I can't imagine the girth room in the 300's. Not even padded seats for those PSL prices?! Are you f'n shitting me?
    The old stadium was fine - new one's just a slight improvement if you're not in a luxury box/suite. The rich clearly got richer here and the have-nots are totally screwed over once again. Blue collar team my balls. Not anymore.
    It seems like this was an enormous waste of money and totally not necessary.
    The gaming experience was only improved by cup holders and scoreboards. And great bars.

A giant MEH on the stadium.

12. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

And only 2 escalators going in each direction?! Why didn't they make it 4 or 6 each way?
    New urinals rock - didn't know if I should shit or piss in them they're so big.

13. no psls

no psls Banned

We purchased an extra orange parking pass from the ticket exchange for the redskins game and they would not let us park in LOT 26 , which is an ORANGE LOT . The dingbats said that those passes would only be accepted in LOT B or LOT P . Opening day, they let us park in LOT 26 with the orange pass from the ticket exchange . The moron supervisor showed up after i complained and he said that they made a mistake on Opening day . They only wanted ticket exchange orange passe in LOT B and P because they can be scanned there . When we got to LOT B , the scanners didn't work anyway . This parking company is just like the JETS, INCOMPETENT !!!!!

14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Glad to see they are getting the bugs out.

Opening day is going to be a clusterfuck nightmare parking wise.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I have had ZERO parking lot issues.

16. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

We had no problem parking yesterday.

In terms of nice customer service, we got a ride in a golf cart from L19 to the stadium doors and a ride in a truck back after the game to our car. Since my wife is 8 months along, it was a very nice touch.

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Does anyone know how we would resell PSLs???

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is Exactly what Happened to me for the JETS PreX Opener....
    Except mine I had a Green (lot) and they said they didn't have a Scanner blah blah...Fuking tragic.

Yesterday, I went to our lot (Yellow) but had to go around a few cones....
    Coming down 120 going into the Lot you must go right or left, I needed to go left but they had cones...I'm guessing because there is two way traffic crossing left and right...so you are forced right.
    I get to the guy and show my pass telling him we needed to go to...he cuts me off and points back to where we just came from saying " U need to make a U turn, go ahead make the U-Turn" I didn't because THAT was more dangerous than going around the cones!
    The exit and entrance to get back to the cones was right there so I go right on 120 and back off on the exit and went around the cones.
    There's a stop sign there, I make the left and it gets me right to my lot!

Now WHY THE FUCK would they put cones there? It makes absolutely ZERO sense..ZERO.
    and ftr, everyone started going around the cones because that was safer than making U-turns into 2 way traffic....

Going home, It initially looks as if there was only 1 way out which was going in the opposite way of where we needed to go. I would have to go all the way around the back of the IZOD!

Luckily,
    I looked around to see a second exit that was going in the direction I needed to go...it was literally 2 mins and we we're on 120 heading home.

That said, with no cones & the 2nd exit I'd get in and out of the lot ridiculously easy...Hope it stays that way.

#9838 Royal Tee, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I skipped last nights game and sold my tickets. Kind of glad I did. I never miss a game except the occasional preseason game when I know someone who wants to buy my tickets. Kind of glad I skipped hearing everyone's thoughts. I think it's too soon to judge though. We need to wait until after September 19th where we had 2 regular season games and one of them a Sunday game to get a good feel of the place. This new stadium I feel like it's when I first got season tickets in the old place. It took a couple years to develop a routine. I feel like that will happen again in this place.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

337,,,,,YES it might take time for everyone to get a routine down but mine is simple--------I will make the best of this year,,, we had an excellent tailgate and turnout--lots of old faces----but I am ONE AND DONE!
    NEXT YEAR MY ROUTINE WILL BE MY MAN CAVE