17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Ok I have a question. I purchased 4 psl tickets and they said its only a 9 game package. No giants tickets. They said they would give me 4 free tickets i would have to get at will call. I recieved my new seats today and it has giants tickets in there.

DO you think i could use them??

Thanks for your help!!

2. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

What if you are stuck sitting next to a drunken loudmouth who spills beer on himself and people around him every week.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

lol, 328..............

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I doubt they will worry about selling PS games. It will be the regular season that shows their true plans.

#9345 Digetydog, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

When I attended the games the seats in the row above me must have been held by a travel agent as each home game we used to get fans of the team we were playing in those seats. My son & I sought it was kinda cool as we got to see what other FB fans thru out the USA thought of the NYJs.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

MHO is they are squeezing the UDers into a small area to limit or even completely stop the tailgating. It probably cost Woody money to clean up after the game as well as he may have to take out additional insurance to cover such things as fans getting hurt by being run into as some t/gater is running for the ball etc, etc, etc, or even worse somebody car being set on fire by the hot coals of the BBQer

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

HA HA U I am only Jet fan in my row, row behind me and row behind that. 80% of seats in first three rows are scalpers seats, I say 15% are sponsor and seats held back and 5% of seats are for real fans like me and MaMA jets. I like different people each week next to me. Since they are scalper seats going for $250 to $400 a ticket, you get a pretty cool class of people sitting next to you. Ravens game seats are $500 and up in my row. Almost whole row is for sale. Row two by me is mostly is from a a scalper in Texas

I went onto seatgeek and found which scalpers had seats near me. Had a nice chat with my neighbor the scalper, he took my email incase of a piggyback request for a large group. I took his info so I could buy direct from him with no fee if I want to take extra people. When the seats to the left, right and behind are 100% owned by scalpers it is an interesting and weird thing. I am gong to first three games in a row so I will know quickly if anyone besides me is an owner. I feel like I am living in a timeshare full time while neighbors move each week.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yes but what they don't sell/comp will show up on prime time TV for all to see, so they want to avoid that at all costs. I'm thinking they comp thousands of tix

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Stfu..........

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

If I was 12 years old and texted all day I might know what you are talking about. Tommorrow will be exciting for me to see building for first time. Almost want to visit some of the seats I had or could of had for comparision purposes. Either way I am still mad I let section 110 row one slip through my fingers. Might go to upper prime to check it out. Want to see how great row one UD Prime by 50 yard line really is.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

They already dumped tons on ticket re-sellers, NFL and Sponsor requests and charities. The place will be packed,

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaaa......

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Stfu......

15. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

Who is going to take special notice of empty seats at a preseason game?

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

has anyone purchased a PSL in the past 30 days?? If so please PM so we can get a refer a fan reward I have purchased one as well!!

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Much has been made about the case for/against PSL’s. While I hate them in general, I particularly hate the Jets/Giants version in which PSL owners are NOT entitled to tickets at all other games. When Notre Dame plays Syracuse there, it will be a hot ticket, but we won’t be guaranteed seats.

Nevertheless, we have just about completed our sales to 2010 games we cannot (will not) attend. Only the Ravens game is left to sell and we recently raised our price in the face of good demand. With our results in hand, we are happy to report the PSL cost for 2010 is zero. With the profits from our sales, we have managed to make our $243 PSL payments out of profits.

Our plan is to attend the Redskins, Packers, Texans, Dolphins and Bills games. We cannot wait. Since we had no priority, the PSL did allow us to get seats we wouldn’t otherwise have.

While the PSL is still a horrible “investment,” it worked out OK for us in 2010.
    Caveat: Because of our schedule, we cannot attend many of the better games including the home opener, the MNF games, Thanksgiving, or the Giants. Because of the stadium opening, we actually broke even on the Giants game and we are attending the ‘Skins game which we would normally skip. Not losing money on the preseason was a one-time deal.
    To all the people attending tomorrow’s game, I am jealous.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I disagree. With all the other crap that's been pulled, it could be a lot worse. I mean, they are relegating where we can park, but no new rules about what we can or can't do once we are parked. Many here feared there'd be "tailgate zones" where the parking would cost more for tailgaters - or areas where you could park to tailgate but had to buy their food and use their grills. None of which has occurred.

What they have done, to everyone's benefit really, is to offer more options in the plaza area. Food concessions, bands, screen showing other NFL games (excellent - we'll all enjoy that) with the hopes of getting some people to spend their cash at the stadium rather than at a tailgate. Now, I won't, but at least it is another option, and one that others will choose - especially those who arrive by train. In fact, this is the lone area where I expect the new stadium to be a big improvement for us - probably the only one.

BUT Make Lot K Orange you bastards....

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Congrats. If I knew I could pull that off, I might have reconsidered my non-psl stance. Yes, I am jealous of where your seats are, and I don't even know where they are but they're better than mine.

Problem is, I never miss a game. Actually I miss one every seven years or so for a honeymoon or a damn immediate family member's wedding ; )

Once I kick my "all or nothing" attendance mentality, which is a sickness, I'll probably give up my uppers and buy selectively for half the games each year from others like you.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think there are 3 reasons why lot K isn't orange:

1. Quick exit out of stadium for some people they will park back there for easy exit.

2. Best place to set up for a tailgate. The other PSL lots don't have medians and islands to set up on like K has and also parking spots up against these medians.

3. The biggest reason is they just wanted to make the parking as difficult as possible for upper deckers in year 1. I think year 2 the parking situation may improve.