17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

"I'm no novice at this. Have had seasons since 1985, so no wise-ass comments please. I was moving unwanted tickets under the noses of security personnel before most of you were in diapers and when it was illegal to do so. So no naive comments please, just looking for opinions as to best way to move them".

WOW 227 - no reason to be so uppidity. I scalped for a good eight years while in school to big events. I moved whole rows of seats for Billy Joel, Jackson Browne, Pink Floyd, Pretenders, Go-Gos, Springsteen, Final Fours etc. long before you first sold your first Jets ticket in 1985 for a loss.

I would say get those tickets listed ASAP, once Jets start selling UD EZ with no pre-season it will diminish the value of the UD seats in secondary. Go to stub hub asap and list all eight of your seats at a high price, then it gives you price comparision and see what actual sales are. Also decide if you are willing to sell all eight for big games and re-buy cheaper UD seats. Seats are a commodity don't fall in love with your seats.

2. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am enjoying reading post by people who believe there are 10,000 seats available in the upper deck right now. If there were, I am sure the Jets would make it easier to buy them.

My post incorrectly quoted the Giants 1,250 instead of the Jets 1,350; however, the "plan" would remain the same. Hold out on those seats until you force the PSL's to sell, otherwise they are immediately worthless and the Jets will never sell another one.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets are holding tough on UD sales. I doubt they will sell any until after second pre-season game when they dump them in bulk on ticket resellers at a discount and let them sell them. Remember, jets are only liable for covering the other teams cut, NFL cut, they can eat their cut. Sell them in bulk for enough to cover what they owe the other team and NFL to ticket resellers last minute. Then open up UD seats to people on ud waiting list next July after you have sold every PSL you can possibly sell

4. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I would just sell the entire season and hope to break even - don't get into selling individual games, and trying to make a profit. How much could you really make? a few hundred bucks at the end of the day??? Not worth the hassle and stress of getting stuck with seats you can't unload.

Good luck either way.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Trouble is you need to find someone to pay you face either without a gurantee of play-off rights or tickets next year.

There is no stress selling tickets, as long as you are done selling by Holloween. Holding Jets tickets in November/December you have as much chance of making a profit as Snookie has a chance of becoming a nun.

6. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...40094.html?mod=WSJ_NY_Sports_MIDDLETopStories

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

For sale on stubhub right now for season tickets.
    Section Upper Sideline 335 | Row 9
    Seats: 17, 18
    Includes pre-season
    $1,000 a ticket.

Guy paid $2,100, after fees selling for $1.700.

Not a bad deal

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I don't care what he paid that's a terrible deal. $1000 + 10% fees = $138 per regular season ticket in the upper deck. Wake me up when I can get them for $75 per regular season ticket

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets/Giants is going above face so you need to do your math by 9 games this year, back to 8 next year.

That is a a low row sideline ticket where you needed around 1979-1984 senority to get. I agree I think you should hold out, but for that low a row for first season in new stadium that is a good price.

10. GordonGecko

Still a terrible deal, that's too much money for upper deck seats that are actually higher than the old place and with open concourses that will put the fear of god into you on those cold wet december games where you can't even escape at halftime

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I don't.

Lucky you.

Getting pissed that a lot of people are getting theirs, or so it seems, and I'm left out in the cold.

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Just go to Fedex.com and you can track it with your Jets account number and your zip.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

you need to change your name.there is only 1 murell in these quarters

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Nice.

For some reason I'm not expected to get them until Friday, instead of Thursday. Odd but oh well, as long as they're here by Friday.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It is based on how close your seats are to 50 yard line. I am not near 50 yard line so I have not got an email either.

16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Not that I care..but what is the relevence of location to the 50 yard line have to do with anything regarding ST shipments ??

Doesn't make any sense.

17. GordonGecko

He's saying the Jets are preparing shipments starting with people on the 50-yard line & going outwards. Sounds like he's guessing

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I know what he is saying..

What I am asking is "Why ??"

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You would think it's be alphabetical, or in account number order.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Nope I am stating a fact. In case you were wondering in what order they called people last year for season tickets it was by how close you were to the 50 yard line.

My cousin and I had same senority year and for 2010 seats we got called on same day as I was on 40 yard line and he was on the 43.

Why the Jets pick in the past how close you are to 50 yard line made no sense. This year people closest to 50 yard line paid the most so they deserve to get their tickets first.