17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Funny.

I'm house sitting for the parents and the Jets call my parents house. At first I look at the caller I.D. confused and then answer. I spoke to some guy (Frank maybe?) and he was looking for my Step Mother, who had simply just ordered something (for me since I'm the only Jets fan in the family, so now I'm excited!) and wanted to see if she would like to buy season tickets. I had to explain to him that I was the only Jets fan she knew, that I had tickets already, and that she wouldn't be looking to purchase.

Pretty funny, actually. All she did was buy a present and to buy something off their official shop you have to add a phone number and they called to see if she would want tickets! Guessing they're still not sold out.

Oh well, all I know is I have my seats, I'm happy, and I'll be there. If it's blacked out, it's blacked out.

2. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

We'll agree to disagree :beer:

Can't compare this to the Yankees... there are only 8 home games (not including pre-season, 10 games) in a football season and 83 home games in baseball. Unlike baseball, each home game in the nfl is very important (assuming you have a competitive team). Obviously, it's up to the fans to either "watch at home on the new plasma" or pay up and see a game in person. I for one, will pony up the $$$ and see my favorite football team in person, record the game and still watch it on my 52" when i get hom. :)

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

1000% agree.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I 100% have no clue what will happen with Jets and I follow them a lot. Crazy shit is gong on. My old seats was bought by someone else who has all ten on stubhub and factoring in the PSL fee and ticket price he is selling them at a net loss. The seats just sold in the last two weeks and I have no clue who, what, when or why would buy PSL seats this late in game only to sell all ten games at a slight loss. What is point? Stuff like this makes me scratch my head.

5. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

That is indeed crazy but then again, maybe he's like me and believes the only way to gurantee good seats 20 years from now is to buy psl seats that I want to sit in for years to come and one day pass down to my son and daughter.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

But stadium only has a 30 year life.

They were pretty good seats on the aisle I turned in, but it turns out the only seats I found that were very hard to get were rows one and two LL 2.5k to 10K and first four rows upper Prime between the 20's. Other than those everything is fungible.

That mama lady is having trouble finding anything in rows one or two.

7. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Let's say you really like the seats, but cannot attend all the games this year. While the term long term "investment" doesn't work from a financial perspective, it may be logical from a fan perspective.

For example, I have a child on the way and will be lucky to attend 3 games. My buddy, who I plan on attending games with in the future, has similar short term scheduling issues. BUT - in the long term, we want the seats b/c we do expect to go to most games in future years.

While someone looking to "make money" on the purchase might want to wait to maximize revnues the games he cannot attend, that strategy leaves an open risk and you don't get your money from sales until later.

Someone looking to reduce "risk" of getting stuck with 5-6 games might price them agressively to get them off the books ASAP. Although a LLEZ seat (including a pro rata share for the PSL) might be $160, he might be willing to sell his "extra" games for a net $120 per game quickly. While he has a definite loss, it is not a large one. If he puts all the games up for sale, he can keep the games that don't sell quickly.

BTW - that is not my strategy for selling my "extra" games, but I can see how someone would do it.

#8888 Digetydog, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Yes, over 15,000 unsold psl's remain.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

According to actual reports and not blind statements. 2300 seats are left.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

JETS Chat

Andrew: Welcome to the New York Jets online chat. How can I help you today?
    ME: I'm interested in buying 2 tix and would Like to know what is available in the upper section
    Andrew: nothing available in the uppers level. We do have a few seats available in the mezzanine
    ME: ok, No thanx, I don not want mezzanine
    Andrew: how come if I may ask?
    ME: too expensive
    I do not wan't to pay a PSL
    Andrew: ok. Well we are keeping a waiting list for upper level seats. I can take your contact info and call you if anything opens up, which would do possibly anticipateME: I have friends who recently bought upper deck and told me to check
    Andrew: Ok. All I need is your name and phone number and I'll put you on the upper level wait list. There is a decent chance you may get a call back within a week or so
    ME: No, I'll check back at a later date....
    thank you
    Andrew: well, we have to put you on a waitlist. You can't just buy upper level seats without beeing on the wait list first, so that's your choice
    ME: I have friends with TIX but wanted my own, but as there are none available I will just have to go with them.
    is there anyway you can check now?
    Andrew: There are but you have to be on the waitlist first. We will probably get to your turn within a week after putting your name on the list, so if I put you on the list you will get a call back within a week
    ME: fine...it's ME and my # is 917....
    Andrew: Ok. And what is your last name ME
    ME: Just ME for now, I don't want any of my info to be given out. If something opens up you have my name and # already...thanks
    Andrew: I see that you were already put on the upper level waitlist by Larry. I'm in your account Mr. MyLastName
    ME: Did he?
    He never told me he did it
    that's awesome!
    so why haven't i received a call then?
    Andrew: Yes. He was probably doing you a favor which is why you need to give us your last name so we can help you. I'll let him know you wanted to follow up on your upper level waitlist status
    ME: that would be grat!
    *great
    I was told to try this because my friends bought UD tix already
    but I have yet to get any info
    Andrew: no problem. For future reference, we are here to help you, you always need to give your full name so we can pull of your account. I'll emal Larry now and he'll probably touch base with you tomorrow
    ME: the sooner the better
    I've been trying to get UD tix but it seems there is a stonewall by the tix Office
    Andrew: I just emailed him so will probably get it tomorrow
    ME: I understand you guys wanna sell PSL's but in turn are treating some of the Former Tix holders unfairly IMO
    Thanx...
    appreciate that
    Andrew: See, if I didnt search by your contact info, you would have been in the back of the line again. Larry will probably get back to you tomorrow

*CHAT ABRUPTLY DISCONNECTED*

11. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Actual reports from the NY Jets front office?

The Giants have a few thousand left. The Jets have over 15,000 unsold psl's.

12. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Did anyone get a confirmation email that the Jets sent the tickets. Its like Christmas this week im waiting for by big box from fedex?

13. MadBacker Prime

Yeah Manish and cimini had a sit down with Woody or someone in the FO, and that's what they reported.

14. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Lucky you.

When you get to opening day and see that i'm right about the unsold psl's, please come back to this message board and apologize.

15. MadBacker Prime

Apologize for what? Typing what I saw? Okay, I'll even send you a pm if you want.

16. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

You called my answer a blind statement. Not only is it not blind, it's very accurate.

17. MadBacker Prime

Okay, name your source.

18. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I feel like i'm back in the principal's office.

19. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Use logic in determining what to believe. The Giants had a waitlist of close to 100,000 and still have a few thousand unsold seats. The Jets had a tiny waiting list which they quickly went through, and alot of pissed off faithful fans who did not appreciate the front office BS and this entire seat selection process and have posted here for a long time.

And you really beleive that **poof** the Jets now have about the same number of unsold seats as the Giants?

Magically just like that huh?