17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its part of the 81 acct.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

???? I am going to select the lowest row in the place which will probably be 10-15 in the end zone. Sucks big time. Just as we thought, everyone is coming or staying upstairs. 310/Row 10 is basically where I sit now and it will be gone. 29 years and I can't even get the crappy seats I had and its going to cost me 25% more to start. GREAT!!!

#862 sec314, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  3. coorslightcans

questions for you guys. my brother in law owns the tickets im part of. hes been a season ticket holder for 16 years. could he transfer 2 to over to me? and what kind of seniority will he have when he finally gets a call. so far hes been silent on the situation and im beginning to worry after reading whats being discussed here. thank you

4. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Congrats to the folks who got tickets today! And thanks for posting the details. Very helpful!

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

How are you "part of" the season tickets he owns? One individual or entity is the owner. If your name is not on the account, you have no ownership according to the NY Jets.

Probably not. In fact, most certainly not as of this date. Ticketholders had until January of '09 to transfer ownership "within the immediate family" only. If he didn't complete that transfer then, I'm afraid you are SOL. Bro-in law would probably not have counted anyway, since they stipulated immediate next-of-kin.

If he's been a ticketholder for 16 years, that means his seniority is 1993. He'll get a call eventually, but I'm afraid all the Upper (PSL-free) seats will be long gone by then.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but some of us way ahead of you are going to be out the door also.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Thank you for the detailed information. This is exactly the information I was seeking, although I am disappointed in what I'm going to be left with 8 days from now. I am definitely going to be forced to move up and over.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, JWWS, this poster is helping all the rest of us immensely with this kind of post. As the days progress, hopefully many of us will still be able to be part of the Game Day experience.

My call is in mid-June, so I am understandably on pins and needles until then.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Upon rethinking this quandry, there is one possible way you could be a season ticketholder, but you'll have to be willing to buy the PSLs on your two tickets.

By the time the reps get around to giving your Bro-In-Law (BIL) a call, I'm almost certain all the Upper Deck, PSL-free seats will be long gone as I stated above and as has been harped on as of year 1984 ad-nauseum herein.

That does not mean seats will not be available to you. He'll be called in order of seniority and offered PSL seats. Your BIL will be able to purchase them (including your two) and then, in 2011, transfer them to you. I'm not sure how close you are to your BIL (sounds like the lines of communication aren't quite stellar), but this is probably the one and only way that you will be able to own your own tickets, short of getting on the very end of the Waitlist.

Give your BIL a call and tell him you understand what's going on and ask him if he'd do that for you. That's only IF you are interested in ponying up the PSL. If not, disregard this post entirely.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks to all of you guys and please keep it coming fellas. I want to get this over with and know already and then I am gonna take a break on the whole football deal until training camp. Loving the Yanks right now, enjoy it while the goings good. And I am really starting to wonder what the Jets gonna do when most of their long time fan base goes to the UD and they have all these seats not sold. I would think most current UD's are going to give the tickets up once the end zone's are gone. I can see the end zone seats going on both levels, but no way in hell are the majority of seats priced at $400 per game or more gonna be sold out. Servers em right but I want a sold out rocking stadium also so it hurts us also, plus the game won't be on local TV. The media is focused on the Yankees situation but the Jets is a lot worse and more interesting

#869 sec314, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  10. coorslightcans

thanks for all your help. i just got off the phone with him.he had heard the same news that we probably wouldnt be able to stay in the uppers unless a small miracle happened. 16 years of enduring shit football paying for preseason games for the most part counts for nothing.taking nothing away from more senior ticket holders this sucks.

im not willing to pony up the funds needed for the psls. he is still undecided at this point and time. his brothers friend works for a ticket broker and has told him tickets will be plentiful and reasonably priced for any and all home games.

it was surely fun while it lasted.

11. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Got my seats today:

Section 301, Row 12 seats 1-4 (Endzone North end of field)

Row 12 is actually the eight row of Upper deck. Apparently the Upper Deck starts at Row 5

12. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

[​IMG]

Why are the upper deck seats a mix of colors? It looks odd.

13. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Has anyone been offered seats in the lower redzone? I am holding out hope that possibly they will drop the PSL price from $5000 to a grand or so behind the goal line.

Is there the possibility that there are sections that are not being offered currently that could have the pricing changed at a later date? If they cannot sell all of the PSL's anything is possible? I am sure it is in the fine print of the PSL agreement.

14. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

There must be a reason they had the $500 seat deposit on the UD's. Once they lock you in for 2010 it will be more difficult to move down if the pricing changes in the lowers due to lack of sales. All of the waitlist and brokers will get the pick of what is left.

15. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I pulled this from the Superdome archives...I can only think that we did the same thing, for the same reason...to make it look more full than it actually is when the Jets are 2-12 in December...

The New Orleans Saints played their first game at the Superdome on September 28, 1975 against the Cincinnati Bengals. Almost 70,000 multicolored seats in three tiers circle the entire field at the Superdome. Every seat next to another one is a different color, making it appear like their are more people at games than there really are.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's not why. They don't want people to commit and then change their minds. Paying the deposit ensures that a person will purchase seasons for that year. Brokers ae not going to but PSL's, they are going purchase unused tickets from PSL owners. I am sure the jets would love an UD person to change their minds and buy 10K PSL. Are you kidding me, at this point they would take a PSL deposit from a Guantanimo detinee.

17. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

There is zero chance this happens because it will cause a firestorm among those who already purchased their seats or took upper deck seats. Those who already purchased will demand a refund, people who already opted for the upper deck might be upset because they took upper deck seats and would have gone lower if the PSL was cheaper.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

we have the same situation with ours. what we are doing is after owning the seats for one year we can transfer them by selling the psl to us for a dollar since we will be paying the first year anyway. this legally changes the ownership and gives you the seniority. if you are in the upper deck i would think you want to wait till after the first year as well so the new account is established.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

227, what year are you, I forgot. I am bummed out on what's gonna be left for me on June 2nd.Can you believe this shit, everyone is going to the UD.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Uppers are non-transferrable according to everything in the brochure and from what the rep has said. You don't "own" the seats in the Uppers since you never paid a PSL for them. Any transfer had to take place January 2009 and even then it was only to "immediate family."

That's the bad news. The good news is, you can walk away from them at any time and you don't have dead cash (dead cash that diminshes or depreciates in value) tied up in the PSL.