17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That 2,250 left is for ONLY THE SECTIONS THAT HAD PSL PRICE REDUCTIONS

And in a lot of cases, people moved out of their other PSL seats into those ones, so what happened was that instead of getting new customers, existing customers just shifted around creating more unsold seats

And if you read through this whole thread you'll find out how the Jets at one point just stopped selling UD seats all together to make sure PSL seats moved. We're pretty sure there are a lot of UD seats left that aren't being advertised until they sell all their PSLs, which won't happen. You'll know this was true for sure when all the uppers get released on ticketmaster

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

^^^ I agree with you, it's in the quote.

Can we stop the yelling now? lol

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I have no clue I wish there was a way to skip out of the PSL and get row 1 upper deck and not pay a thing

4. MadBacker Prime

it turns out i was right

Don't mind the twitter spelling errors. So, there are roughly 2300 PSL's left to sell and the vacated UD areas.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Here are where the tickets are:

Corner EZ 5k, TC, LGL (50% near lower priced side) , Mezz B, Between the 20's Mezz E/W club, UD EZ row15-26and LSL by LGL.

6. GordonGecko

lol, nice on the green, but I don't believe it. That's not what they originally said a few days ago (and not that I believe anything they say). I'm sticking to my estimate of 15,000 to 20,000 currently unsold seats for the entire stadium

7. MadBacker Prime

Yeah it's tough to believe that there are only 2300 left I guess we'll find out soon enough.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

July, 22, 2010 Jul 22
    11:44
    AM ET

By Rich Cimini

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson has almost doubled his investment in 10 years. In 2000, he purchased the team for $635 million. Now, according to Forbes.com, it's valued at $1.17 billion. That puts the Jets ninth on the magazine's new list of the world's most valuable sports franchises. Their annual revenue is $227 million.

Here's the Forbes Top 10:

1) Manchester United (EPL) $1.83 billion
    2) Dallas Cowboys (NFL) $1.65 billion
    3) New York Yankees (MLB) $1.6 billion
    4) Washington Redskins (NFL) $1.55 billion
    5) New England Patriots (NFL) $1.36 billion
    6) Real Madrid (La Liga) $1.32 billion
    7) New York Giants (NFL) $1.18 billion
    8) Arsenal (EPL) $1.18 billion
    9) New York Jets (NFL) $1.17 billion
    10) Houston Texans (NFL) $1.15 billion

9. MadBacker Prime

^^^ I saw that earlier, I could've sworn they were worth more in 2008.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

There are 2,300 unsold seats in the newly reduced 2.5k and 10K sections. There were orginally 9k in those sections unsold.

However, we don't know how many people upgraded or downgraded from an existing PSL to move there or if they relocated from upper deck.

They could have a few thousand new seats to sell in sections that were not reduced now.

11. MadBacker Prime

According to Manish there were 9,000 total seats left unsold. TOTAL-

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Earlier this week there were UD Sidelines in the 20's available. Not a lot, but they were there.

Is the LLEZ $2.5K sold out?

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

On June 11, 2010 here is what the Jets said.
    Jets reducing prices for 18,000 PSLs

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — The New York Jets are reducing the prices of about 18,000 personal seat licenses, including around 9,000 of which are unsold, by up to 50 percent beginning Friday in an effort to sell out the new Meadowlands Stadium by opening week.

The 9k unsold in June was only in the now 2.5k and 10K sections. They never said total unsold amount

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

row 18 section 142 on the 25 yard line on Monday with lots of dripline 2.5k seats available.

I can't imagine row 20 and up in 142 and 135 between the 10 and 20 sold many tickets. Right next to LGL which is a cheaper psl AND a cheaper ticket.

Between 20-30 in LSL are pretty good seats. between 10-19 in LSL not worth the extra money.

15. GordonGecko

Don't get why Man U is such a valuable franchise, what's the secret? It's not even in the largest city in England

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

That's mostly from the new stadium fellas. The PSL prices and new raised ticket prices as well as the deal they received from the state for their training and office facilities, as well as the stadium operating revenue from the stadium.

Row One, I suppose some of the "bargain" seats you sometimes triumph are really not such bargains. We're all getting soaked. That's what adds up to 1.17 B It sure as hell ain't from the Flight Crew.....

That said, the franchise we all root for so adamantly is better off high on this list than low on this list, so as the saying goes, it's a double edged sword.

I guess.

Funny how Arsenal snuck in between the Jets and Giants.

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

1.) Although London is a bigger city, it probably has 10-20 professional football teams in and around it. Loyalties are defitely divided. Although most of them are in lower divisions, Chesea and Arsenal are two of the top clubs in the world.

2.) Although there is another premiership team in Manchester, Man City (until recently) was the equivalent to the Clippers to Lakers. Now, they are probably more like the White Sox to the Cubs. Either way, Man U is THE main event in that city and really the entire region.

3.) Having been good for so long, Man U has a worldwide fanbase. They are to fooball what the Yankees are to baseball or the Cowboys are to the NFL. Everyone loves them or hates them. Nobody is ambivalent.

BTW - I hate Man U.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

On stubhub the only true bargain PSL I saw was row one where Jets come out in the 2.5k section.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

You should jump all over those seats.