17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Yeah, I browse but do not post. So the special presentation for the season tickets will be for all STH or just clubs and PSL holders?

2. Clayture

Clayture Member

I know that's the policy for water bottles at the Meadowlands, funny how at Yankee stadium they wouldn't let me carry in an open water. Had to have an unbroken seal. So I guzzled it down at the gate, and told the guy "Damn that was some good vodka"

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Just call them today. I bought two seats yesterday. If you don't get the right answer from the rep that answers, call back later and speak to another rep.

4. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Just be persistant, I got two next to the UD prime sections last week. You never know what opens up on a day to day basis.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Can you imagine running any other business like this? It should never have been this way and come to this. Damn you, Woody Johnson.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

"the squeeky wheel gets the grease"

Sadly their are weekly all hands PSL Rep one hour meetings to discuss progress and upcoming strategy. The Jets have hired numerous sales people with prior PSL and season ticket holder marketing strategies.

It works. But in a way that is odd. Who for instance would have bought the Coaches Club, GHC, Mezz Clubs, 20K Jets LL side seats, 15k seats on LL Jets side, 6k TC corners, 5k LL EZ corners, Mezz A 4k seats or UD EZ seats if they knew UD sideline would become available, Mezz B and parts of LLEZ would be 2.5k or LLGL or LLSL would be 7.5k and 10K?

If it were today prices and not 2009 prices my choices would have been UD sideline or LL EZ 2.5k if I wanted to watch my pocketbook or maybe 30 yard line Jets side LSL for 10K or LGL 10 yard for 7.5k. By having LL EZ and LSL and LGL expensive and at a price it was a perceived bad value it got people to buy 4k mezz a or 15k Jets side seats or even move to Mezz clubs.

My favorite of all move was Mezz corner originally at $400 a ticket. A price no one would pay. Then they do a 50% price cut on ticket to $195 and the people flock to the "cheap seats". Meanwhile as 227 will attest Mezz seats by corners or goaline last year at $115 was very difficult to seel even at face.

The whole PSL selling process is amazing study in human nature. I love JI where people bought in four in UD, went to LGl and then to LSL People went from saying I am not spending a nickle on PSLs to spending 40K. That is an amazing exercise in up-selling.

The process is similar to Apple selling Iphones. They create demand for a product you lived your whole life without, don't really need, is worthless as soon as you buy it and is overpriced yet they get hundreds of millions to buy it.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What Section are your seats if you don't mind me asking...

Also, Did you act like a new customer or a former STH?

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think another thing you have to figure on forums and more specifically JI, is that people lie. I guarantee some people who have no tickets at all or last row UD are saying the have this or that great seat.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i called again and was offered 4 seats in
    344 row 14
    341 row 24

10. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I called today b/c I did not get my ticket confirmation yesterday. The Rep said they were behind on setting up billing, but everything was fine.

In the background, it sounded like he was on the floor of the NY Stock Exchange. He said they were selling "a lot" of tickets b/c the season is about to start and people are calling.

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Be careful if you are offered Row 9. On some of the sections, the aisle coming up the stairs will be directly in front of your seats.

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I told them I was a current season ticket holder looking to add seats. I ended up in 341 up high. They have high rows and endzone available if you ask.

At this point, I doubt the reps care who you are. If they sell the seats, I am sure they get the commish and that makes them happy campers.

13. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

So you bought 2 UD seats yesterday ??

Was that in addition to what you already have or just a random phone call to the sales office ??

What section and row did you wind up with ??

EDIT: I see you have already answered those questions.

14. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Like you, I have been fascinated by the way they have done things. I still think the biggest mistake was not requiring a decent sized PSL for Upper Prime and a small PSL for Upper sidelines. They ended up with a full upper bowl first b/c they were priced so much better than LLEZ, Mezz A and Mezz B.

15. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Would you carry the sub in a bag, or would you just hold it so you can go in the "express" line. I never knew you could bring a sub in, never saw anyone do it either. Good to know when your running late. And is the open bottle only water or can it be soda, im not a vodka drinker but I would mix that if I could bring it in.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

They should have done UD Prime $2,500 and UD Sidelines $1K and only made UD EZ free

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Due to the overwhelming response, we were able to schedule one additional lower level seat preview, and our records show that you have not been able to attend our previous dates. You and your guests are invited to come out and sit in your new seats for the first time! This will be your last chance to view the amazing sightlines and amenities before the the 2010 Jets football season begins.
    • Date: Saturday, July 24
    • Time: 9:00am to 2:00pm
    To reserve your spot for Saturday's free seat preview, visit www.2010nyjets.com/seatpreview and complete the online RSVP form. Previews take place hourly and we have limited capacity for each timeslot, so RSVP today.
    If you have any questions, please call us at 800-469-JETS (5387) or send an email to newjetsstadium@newyorkjets.com. We're looking forward to introducing you to your seats! Go Jets!

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

thats row 12 in the uppers.
    1-4 prime
    5,6&7 are handicapped (in most)
    8,9,10&11 are less seats b/c of the uper deck opeing
    row 12 seats 1,2& 3 are looking directly into that staircase of people coming up the stairs

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if I understand what U posted you are claiming the P/glass affects the sight lines ONLY on the aisle seats. Since my seats are in the middle of the row just like at the old stadium as I already posted I guess they are again unaffected by whatever concern you seem to have about the P/glass. Actually IMHO you are making a mountain out of a molehill over this subject. BTW since you seem to have a inside track for info why was the P/glass erected in the 1st place

20. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

You are correct. I forgot to count the Handicapped seats.