17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

When did they offer you these seats ??

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I have something to announce, fellas.

I called the Jets just now and have purchased 4 new UD seats in addition to the ones I already own. I am now in Section 335, on the aisle, in a lower row than I currently have. Thank you ROJF for announcing that UD seats are on sale, because last night when I spoke with JR, he of course did not mention these seats to me. I propbably would not have called had you not posted this.

I will not be announcing what row my new seats are in now, because, for privacy reasons, I do not want them broadcast on this message board repeatedly as has been done with my previous 342, Row 16 seats.

Needless to say, this is not an "upgrade," but a new purchase. But the difference in Rows and the closer availability to the tunnel and parking (not ot mention on the aisle for the concessions) was the major reason.

I will be trying to sell my current seats and I'll probably need a good deal of luck to try to break even on them at face, but if I don't, I still consider this one-time move a good one in terms of aisle seats, closer row on the sideline and faster access to the concessions and parking.

If anyone is interested in buying my 342 Row 16 seats, please PM me.

This will probably be one of my only posts on this subject as I am leaving for Long Beach Island in a few minutes and will be there for a week. I do have a laptop but will probably not be accessing it very often. Thanks again to ROJF and all you guys for the posts. I feel a little better now that I have done this. I may lose a few bucks this year on my current seats, but I will unload them at the end of the year anyway, unless someone wants to pick them up and use them. Talk to you guys at some point down the road....

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

While I generally agree with your post, the "worth" of something is always in the eye of the beholder. For example, I would not want to sit "too close" b/c I cannot see anything. While I understand and agree that "closer to the 50" is generally better, I don't agree that a corner EZ seat is better than a true enzone seat on the same row. I certainly would not pay more for one.

If someone plans on attending every game and doesn't envision giving up the seats, I think people should buy what they like - period. For someone like me who has to sell 3-4 games per year, I have to consider secondary market demand in determining value.

But for the need to sell some games, I would have been in the 40's under cover instead of the 20's in the sun.

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

In year 1, you should have no problem selling your seats on Stubhub for a small profit/breakeven. For most games, Upper Sidelines seats have sold for in excess of the breakeven price you need. The Redskins PS game will be a problem, but otherwise you should be fine. Since you don't have a PSL commitment, just give them up for next year.

BTW - Pre-Season games you have to eat anyways are the perfect event to take little kids to.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

you pepsi corner turncoat.....

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Wow have a great vacation Mr. 227!!!

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Difference is for a full season one guy will pay 950 for what he likes and the guy next to him will have paid 750. I'm choosing to save the 200 bucks

8. 17a_tailgater

i have emailed & caled my rep...nothing
    i called the hot line and was told i could not relocate. i was told i can keep my 3 and buy more in another section.
    i was also told i could release my 3 and buy 4 in a better section. i dont have a 4 person to go. as is i dont have my 3rd person. i had to sell those individually.

now i just called and asked to "upgrade" from the $95 to the $105 section. i was told that was a relocation not an upgrade.i was told even if i add a seat now i have to keep my 3 seats b/c the tix went to print.

these people work for the jets until woody's orders. so even if they are hired guns,its stilll a reflection on the jets.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You need to call a different rep and ask the same thing. At worst you can call them out on the $105 because that's 100% certainly an "upgrade" and not a "relocation"

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

100% go for deal if you are a one time season ticket holder. 100% buy and eat pre-season if you want good seats to keep for several years. BTW Jets/Giants preseason is going for face or above. There is only redskins game to eat this year.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what is stopping these jerkoffs from saying hey everyone in the upper deck you dont get to just keep your seats every year. lets reshuffle again next year.

is there anything keeping them from doing that?

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just wondering did you have to create a second account with the Jets and a new seniority or they let you keep everything under your current account? You should do fine re-selling I know a few friends of mine looked for home opener tickets and told me they were starting at $150 up in heaven.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Congrats 227!!!

I'm glad things worked out well for you, now we just need to get 17a settled in where he wants.

I'll start calling in with different accents just say the word.

14. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I also added 2 to my account, as close as you can get to the UP without being UP in the shade. And since I have a PSL was able to get another PSL parking. Timing, info and willing to spend is the key and without this thread I would not have tried or known either.

Already have takers for 3 games at face of course to friends and 1/2 face for pre season plus parking.

Never used the secondary market but I have options on what I keep or sell into the season and next year and beyond.

Crunch time, I don't believe they are willing to play musical chairs at this point.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

At least I'm not dead to you (and I'm still in the Pepsi Corner with my 342 seats), so I want to retain my Pepsi Corner status indefinately by declaring that I'm grandfathered in Pepsi Corner and therefore cannot be denied access to any and all Pepsi tailgates.

Seriously, we all fought the fight and all of us should be offered an upgrade. I just probably caught the ticket office at the right moment with my call. I have to explain that I did NOT talk to JR today. It was a girl that anwswered the phone and she was te first really nice person I've talked to (ever). And I wound up telling her that too.

When she answered, I gave her my account and she looked it up. Right away she said thar JR was my rep and she wold put me through. I told her I do not want to talk to JR and he is NOT my rep, because Manny Jacobo was my original rep and Eric showed me my seats, so how is JR now my rep?

She still attempted to put me through and then came back and said JR will have to call me back. I said, "Listen, I'm leaving for vacation in an hour or so and I don't have time to wait for him. Besides, I just talked to him last night and this is not working between us."

So then she apologized and I said I want to talk to Manny, who is now a supervisor. So that prompted her to say, "Well lt me see whar I can do." I did make it cear that I realized I would be purchasing 4 additional seats, but I then used that as leverage and said, "I will buy 4 more but you've got to give me better seats than what I already have." I also complained about my age and having to walk 40 miles from orange parking and bitched that this is no way to treat a fan who had seasons for 25 years AND NEVER ONCE CALLED TO UPGRADE. Maybe I struck a chord with her. Maybe I was lucky just this one time with these bastards.

She hunted and pecked around and offered me terrible alternatives until finally (reluctantly) she came up with these, and without blinking I said, "Are you sure? 4 on the aisle in this row?" and she confirmed. And I knew I should not wait one more minute on it. So I pulled the trigger and whipped out my CC... simple as that.

I think I was in the right place at the right time (finally). JR would have given me an unmerciful runaround and Manny never returned my phone call last time. So this one girl was either brand new or I caught her at the right moment or whatever. I really don't know fellas.

They added these seats to our present account, I'm pretty sure. Maybe with the same seniority that the overall account has. I will have to check on this after vacation and make sure it is.

I'm happier than I had previousy been, but sad that this is what it takes and that others like 17a are still getting fuced around. I feel somewhat responsible for 17a going Pepsi, because I encouraged it, never imagining how fucked we would be with this orange parking bullshit.

I still think they HAVE to open up more lots than are currently orange, and that will still be okay with these seats. I still have the sun to my back and I'm closer to the field and concessions andall parking, wherever it opens up, if it ever does.

Now all I have to do is sell my earlier seats. I would gladly give them over to17a and help him upgrade to them if he wants, that's IF the Jets would let him out of his seats, but of course, there is only a slim hope of talking them into doing that. Right now they don'twan o talk upgrade... they only want to get the stadium filled by the first kickoff.

I hope this gets even better, I really do. Maybe someone wll be able to get even better seats than I just got as it gets closer to the deadline. We can only hope.

Sorry for the typos, my laptop keyboard is fucked up from the salt air down here. I was in the ocean twice this afternoon here in Beach
    Haven and the water temp is like 72 dgrees, really refreshing. Eat your fucing hearts out.

#8255 Section 227. Row 5, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  16. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

As they say opportunity has never knocked this hard...and seniority has meant so little?

Seize the day, or wait it out? Who knows what is best, only you can decide...

17. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Watch out for the sharks, a good friend who owns a house in Bay Head told me that there were quite a few Makos cruising the beach today, more than he has ever seen in 30years and not far from surfers, I may go down tomorrow but too far in the water is more risky than I want to venture... you seem pretty good at navigating.

Enjoy your vacation.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NICE JOB 227 and congrats--enjoy your vacation

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I know we have hammered on the parking issue but keep your eyes open on ebay for yellow parking passes. With the lack of PSL sales I"m sure the Jets will have to let some PSLers get additional passes. If you can get one for $50-$100 above cost for the season it may be worth getting one. That's my plan. While I don't like to pay above cost the idea of having to park in bumble doesn't sit well with me. I look at is as I didn't pay the $2500 PSL times 3 seats so if I pay $75 above cost this year it doesn't look so bad.

20. 17a_tailgater

I spoke with a girl too.it must have been the same chick cuz she was very nice.she is the one who offered to take my original 3 upper corner for 4 upper sideline in 344.its too much tring to fi.d another person to buy season fix.