17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

let me know when they are $150 a game ticket next year and your locked in what you think???

2. jetbo

jetbo Member

I think that you've got something there!!!!

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3625339#post3625339

I find this picture taken from todays practice interesting from a human behavior standpoint.

The Lower Level of the stadium fans are free to sit wherever they want. From most expensive sideline seat to cheapest. Since 70% of seats are empty fans clustered in what they deem the 30% most desirable.

Look at picture and compare to pricing and it is not always the same.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You're going to be okay with these seats, 17a. All we have to do now is get this parking fiasco resolved. I think that's coming, after all the PSLs are sold. Maybe not until before next season, but something will have to be done if they want to kepp those UD seats filled up. There will be a lot of dropouts otherwise, and they damned well know it.

5. 17a_tailgater

i pretty much have to now. murrell bought tickets in my section and row for the vikings game.and miamipuck and mbgreen are sitting 1 section over and 2 rows back of me for the same game.

be kinda fucked up if i switch to the metlife corner closer to the izod now.....

besides for 9 years i wlked from 17a and 18c all the way to the stadium and then around to the complete opposite side to section 312.

this parking situation has put me back into the same place.and to think the reason i picked the pepsi corner was b/c i didnt want to walk completely around the stadium like i used and i'm doing again.

fuckin fiasco

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Checked out my new seats in 104 today and they are SO MUCH BETTER than 230. So much. I'm in Row 30 and I feel like I'm in Row 20 when compared to my Row 31 seats in the old stadium.

So glad I was able to make the switch/get the discount. Thanks again RowOne!

7. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

FYI

Not exactly true... The end zones were closed off. No one was allowed to sit there... so I'm not sure you can really draw any conclusions...

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think dead-center EZ low row is better, but that's just my opinion. May as well be equal distance to both sidelines, plus you get a great view of all kicks, punts, kickoffs, running lanes, and crossing patterns etc. But, to each is own.

The key stat is the $95.00. The entire tailgate expense, beer included, is saved verses $125.00.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The most interesting conclusion was their is a large amount of people who say higher rows are better. Many people refused to buy in first 20 rows even and bought their PSLs further back.

However, in the shot of the Jets visitors side, 6k, 7.5k, 10K, 20K 25k, 20k, 10k, 7.5k and 6k as you work your way across field I noticed the front few rows of 6k and 7.5k were packed and the back rows of the 10K sections were empty. People claim they want the higher view, yet when they are free to sit where they want they don't sit there and late into a meaningless game you never hear people in first ten rows moving back for a better view.

Point is what people logically think they want in not always what they actually do.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets this week alone sold 1,000 $2,500 PSLs in LLEZ. (Per Jets Press Release) Good to move quick. Funny on train this morning a bunch of stockbrokers in front of me who were Jets season ticket holders who did not renew either in PSL or UD, said they hate PSLs but season is starting and they had a 8 guy tailgate and one guy convinced others on yesteray lets all buy one each JET LLEZ PSL. So $250 each they chipped in. But check this out 8 different names, they get 8 parking passes. I did math and PSL parking passes go for like $250 above face on stubhub so some of them can sell their pass to covert he 10% down.

In retrospect the biggest winners in this game of BULLSHIT are ex-season ticket holders who refused to buy a PSL then two months ago jumped in on no money down, no payment to 2011 and free parking deal in a section that ended up being reduced last week.

Biggest losers are early buyers of Mezz A, LL EZ corners or EW club.

True Jets fashion the least loyal people who waited till the final deal are rewarded in 10th row LL EZ for $2,500 while 40 rows behind sit the screwed Mezz A people.

BTW LL EZ did not have people in them as well as Mezz B as sales reps were hunting down people yesterday to show them available seats in those sections. I heard a lot of UD high row EZ people there with their families bought on the spot.

Talk about easy sell, most guys need your wifes buy in to make an instant decision, you are there with wife and kids yesterday, Rep takes you to top of stadium way to sky and says here is where you will be sitting 30 years, then takes you down to row 25 LL EZ and says for $250 a seat on credit card today here is where you can sit. Plus it is an "investment" you can pass to your kids or sell and make back your money, plus you can sell seats easy. My wife choked when I my old seats were going to cost 20K each in new stadium. And I needed to put 20% down!

Trouble is at most the best 2,000 LL EZ seats are worth having, by Friday who is buying the crappiest ones?

11. Section 227. Row 5

I look at this latest rush to buy PSLs this way...

People now find themselves caught up in a buying frenzy, as if the opportunity will never come again. I'm sure there are guys who are settling for a location right now just becasue they're afraid the train is leaving the station. So what the hell, I'll take anything because, after all, they're going to sell out, so I better take what I can get now.

The truth is, there will always be PSLs available any time you want to buy one. Commencing 8 months from now resales hit the market and some of them will be very nice, reasonably priced PSL seats. And you'll have time to pick and choose and not be bullied into making a hasty decision. Anyone who wants a PSL will have many many opportunites to pony up over the next couple of decades. And cash will be king. Offer the seller a total cash deal and you'll wind up with any PSL you want at face or below.... just MHO.

12. 17a_tailgater

season starting people are geting anxious.
    its like an addiction

13. Section 227. Row 5

Awesome pics, ROJF... thanks!

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yes and no. Any PSL you are currently paying full price for that is in the bottom 75% of section you are 100% correct.

However, row ones, extremely low rows on aisle, resonable priced PSL sections on aisle by higher priced sections I would say no.

Bad seats any section, Mezz B, Overpriced sections you are paying double their current value but don't know it as there is no secondary market.

Also the real cash buyers of PSLs in secondary are scalpers and people looking at it as an investment. Kinda like timeshares. Secondary market is all bottom feeding scum with cash looking to get it for 10 cents on a dollar.

Sites like seatgeek for a very small fee will give you historical secondary market prices for a given seat in a given stadium. A $120 seat that historically sells for less than $148 (selling cost includes stubhub) has a PSL value of zero unless you think team can reached play-offs.

No one truely knows what seats sell for in secondary until a few years as year one will have the Yankee and Shea stadium effect where a new stadium brings fans out who will pay extra to see new stadium.

Scalpers will use projected remaining life of stadium, projected ticket increases, projected secondary pricing of tickets and caclulate lost opportunity and interest income cost into make a PSL purchase in the secondary. That said a 10K PSL row one, on aisle one seat over from higher priced section might routinely go for 5x face, but row 15 2.5K Mezz B middle of aisle seat might not even go for face in secondary. Problem is some buyers are now rushing into PSls that are cheap. Being cheap does not always make a good deal. I guarantee scalpers picked up all the really good PSLs instantly in the 2.5k sections. I will use section 144 TC as an example. The scalpers on rumour a few hours before they announced price cut bought all of row one, two, three, and half closest to 7.5k in rows four, five, six and seven. They stopped at 7 as rows 8-14 have stupid staircase in way on visitors side nd you need to go back to around row 16 to clear it and back there tickets go for around $50 bucks a game less. Pretty much scalpers followed same logic in all the reduced sections.

Scalpers don't want 75% of the PSL seats in any given section. They are much less picky in UD as it is only a one year committment.

The secondary PSL market will consist of professional buyers and amatuer selles, think of trading in a car at a dealer. Good Luck.

15. 17a_tailgater

TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE,THUNDERLIPS IS HERE.....IN THE FLESH BABY

THE ULTIMATE MALE VERSUS THE ULTIMATE MEATBALL HA HA HA
    [​IMG]

16. Section 227. Row 5

Of course Row One seats and other unusually good locations will always be worth the PSL and ticket price, but mostly everyone on this board, with the exception of Champ, never got a crack at Row Ones.

I'm talking about the present buyers who are at the tail end of this feeding frenzy and maybe even the ones who jumped at so-so seats because of the price reduction, thinking this is the last chance to get in. If you couldn't get into the uppers and buy time until you see how this all pans out, then I guess I understand why they are doing this, but it's still not smart, IMO, to think that the train is leaving the station and this buying opp will never again present itself. These are the PSLs that will be dumped first, with buyers' remorse running rampant come March, 2011.

Maybe, unwittingly, the most fortunate people of all are the ones who have not bought into anything yet, either because their seniority screwed them or they just wouldn't pay the frieght. They, like the guys who bought into the Uppers, have the luxury of sitting back for several years and seeing what Woody does to the ticket prices in some of these so-called "excellent value" PSL locations.

Future ticket prices will inversely affect the resale price of some of these PSLs just as real estate taxes inversely affect the price of a parcel of property. Non buyers who weren't sucked into the frenzy and all Upper Deckers have a golden opportunity to wait and see how badly Woody fucks some of these "prime" locations. They're not stupid and they know they had to sell cheaply in this economy, so when the economy turns around and they have a chance to double the tickets over 7.5 years (10% per year) they most certainly will. Why will they do this? Because they can. Just like they've done all along.

17. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

People were gathering in the front rows of the corners as that was where the players were. They were trying to get autographs and pictures etc. You really can't compare yesterday's practice to watching an actual game.

18. Section 227. Row 5

That's exactly right. They're also down low because there are many drills that take place right in front of you and don't move down the field... they stay right there and practice over and over.

But ROJF has a point about people wanting lower rows just because they think these are the best seats. It's human nature. This is why they will pay more online for these tickets, because they think this is the best view. Then they get there and realize Row 20 is better. Hockey is one sport where Row One is awesome... probably baseball to some degree also. The players are stationary. But in football, it's all over the field. If you're in a low row, one minute all hell is breaking loose right in front of you, then for the next 15 minutes, they're down the other end and you have to sit there watching the screen.

19. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Mezz

I agree that the fans were a little more dispersed because of a couple of reasons (players in the corners, Offense and Defense on opposite ends of the field, etc).

However, I think ROJF makes a valid point in general, especially with regard to the Mezz level. Since fans could sit in most sections in the first two levels yesterday, I found it odd that roughly 95% (my estimate) chose to sit in level one. There were very few people in the Mezz level.

Unlike the old stadium, where the Mezz overhangs the field level by a bunch of rows, in the new stadium, the Mezz level doesn't start until the very back of the field level.

We sat in field level yesterday, in the middle rows (moved around). I contemplated moving up to the Mezz but when I looked up behind me and saw how much further back we would be, we stayed put. Obviously, most others felt the same.

I'm not saying the Mezz seats are bad - at all! Just saying that given open seating, people chose field level. I just think that row one of Mezz in the old stadium was a MUCH better seat than row one of new Mezz. Again, a very good seat, but much further back.