17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's been that way since the initial calls were over.

He was right the whole time. Realistically just like 227 said and the rep I talked to, they would not put all those resources into playing musical chairs with people that are already in.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

no shit sherlock. got any money? have your pick of the place

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Usually in July.

From a business sense how could they? If you're trying hard to sell an overpriced item you're using all your resources to do that. The last thing you're worried about is minor upgrades for people who have already bought your lowest ticket item with no benefit to you. As a salesman who has pitched some overpriced items in my time I know this to be a fact.

4. MadBacker Prime

Exactly-

It would not make any sense at all- No argument here.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Have you ordered parking?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That is exactly what I am saying. Or more accurately, that is what the Ticket Office is saying.

Let's be clear to everyone reading here tonight: In the Upper Deck, there will be no "relocating" as has been rumored. No chance for an "Upgrade." There is no "Waitlist." Nothing further is going to be done by "Seniority." It's over, as per the Ticket Office.

If you've got a seat in the Uppers, that's your seat. Deal with it unless you want to buy a PSL.

7. Section 227. Row 5

To my knowledge, nothing has been offered as far as Parking Passes yet. Does anyone know otherwise?

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i was told 3-4 weeks there will be a decision. i really cant see them NOT doing the prepaid.

9. Italian Seafood

Considering what a money grab is going on, I agree. On the other hand the justification for doing it in the first place was the new stadium taking away what was parking. So when the old stadium is out of the way, theoretically it should free the parking back up, combined with the fact that there is now rail service which should lessen the car traffic, there wouldn't be the need, right? Just like there was no need from 1984-2007. But that won't happen.

10. 309'em

309'em Member

I can't imagine them not doing prepaid parking this year also - how else will they be able to enforce the caste system? There is no way they would want to deal with a process at the gate where you have to show your ticket to buy access to the "right lot". Plus all the money they rake in for the no shows would be hard to give up after they've had it the past few years.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahahaa..... my kinda guy.

12. Italian Seafood

This more than anything is why they will do it. The difference in income from pre-season parking alone pays for the printing and postage, I would think.

13. MadBacker Prime

It would defeat the purpose of them doing the parking by where you're coming from too. If there even doing that anymore.

14. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I think the paying for parking before the season started before 2007 maybe even during the 2002 season when they had certain lots that were Reserved Parking and you had to pay prior to the season to park in that lot. I know one of them was Lot 18, the other might have been 15 but im not positive.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

For general parking concerns regarding concerts, soccer matches or other events, contact the Parking Department at the Meadowlands through the following methods:

EMAIL: parking@njsea.com
    PHONE: 201-935-8500 x2627

I am going to check this out.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 thankyou for the info

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Jets received the CO approval yesterday so the age restriction has been lifted.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

From Jets via email response:

Parking information will be sent separately this season. All Season Ticket Holders will be receiving parking information in the mail within a couple months. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks and GO JETS!!

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Regarding parking info.

I spoke a rep on Tuesday about the Tour and I got to ask him about the parking situation. They will be pre-paid for next season @ $25 per game (they increased it). Once the old stadium is completely gone, they're gonna figure out the parking situation and then invoices will be sent out to season ticket owners.

According to the rep I spoke to, the entire parking lot will be "tailgate friendly" and no, there WON'T be designated tailgate areas.

That's my input on parking.

I plan to be on the 3PM Tour on Sat. Anybody else going?