17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I just got off the phone with woman who was trying to get me to take a tour of the new stadium. She said they are trying to generate more interest in it.

It was weird cuz I asked her how she got my number and she said because I've ordered JETS merchandise. I've never been to a home game. *shrugs* I live in Central PA with a :steelers: fan. I'm not a good candidate for season tickets.

2. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Yeah, I just got an e-mail from someone that works for the Jets Org. asking me
    to come up there for a tour. Since I live in Hee Haw FL., they need to send me a ticket..

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Next. it'll be if you've ever flown on an airplane before, obviously you've got some connection to JETS. After that it's on to anyone who has ever eaten GREEN vegetables with mashed potatoes in their lifetime, hence you must have some sort of affinity for something GREEN and WHITE.

I mean, it's becoming so absurd it's pathetic already. Why can't Woody accept the fact that his tickets and PSLs were WAY too overpriced right from the beginning. Hello?

Woody has access to financial institutions and lenders. Renegotiate with your lender or find another lender who is willing to extend the terms of the payback for the stadium and spread it out longer than the five years they estimated it would take to pay off the new construction. Then you're in a position to "revisit" the entire process (it's not too late), and start over again with the seniority list right from the beginning (the only fair way to do it) and announce that the PSLs and ticket prices have ALL been reduced 50% across the board. Rebate or credit those who paid the full price, allow them to move up if they so choose (I might even buy a PSL at that point) and then offer the remaining tickets at enough of a discount to fill the stadium for Game One in 2010.

It's not too late to admit mistake in this and fix it. But oh no....

4. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I've talked to 3 different reps and have gotten 3 different answers regarding the remaining inventory of uppers in the new stadium. The first told me the upper deck is sold out. The second told me all thats left is upper end zone. The third told me there are upper sidelines left, but only in the last 6 rows. WTF?

Fuck them. I'll stay home and watch from the couch.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The PSLs that are sold no-way is he giving back the money. He might stop selling PSls but that is a different story. The PSL owners are hostages. We have an 82,500 seat stadium. If PSL sales die at 40K, well those people have right to sit in best 40K seats, which is worth something. However, the people sitting in the worst of those seats will be sitting next to fans like you and I renting seats with no PSL and same ticket price and there PSLs will be worthless.

Earlier this week was talking to two rich long term fans. 25 year plus season ticket holders and both make over 700K a year. On bought a 5K six row LL EZ ticket and the other the 5k 195 a ticket club seats. Neither was happy and both said it was a rip off. Since both are over 55 they did not want to sit in UD because of climb and hard to see field. It is very intresting that high income long time Jets fans would not buy a PSL priced above 5k. You would think that would be a slam dunk.

The good news is the well off folk are not looking to scalp tickets or go on stub hub just someone to pick up extra games at face. The guy with the $195 seats promised me I am the second person he will call when he can't make a game, someone else beat me to it. So when he calls whatever game it is I can take my wife. Plus I am not stuck with expensive PSL pre-season games.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I juat got the same lame email from my "rep:"

Dear (227),

I thought you'd be excited to see one of the first pictures of the field being installed inside the new stadium. Click here to take a look!

This is a Field Turf artificial field, similar to the existing stadium, but this new field will have Jets inserts for the endzones and center medallion on our gameday. The building is really coming together and what has been a construction site for the last three years is really starting to look like a football stadium. When construction is complete this spring, I look forward to inviting you for a tour to show you your seats in the new stadium.

Thanks for all your support and as always, please call me if I can help you with any Jets question or concern you may have. I look forward to seeing you in Jets green for opening kickoff in 2010!

The bum wasn't available when I called and wanted to know if I could improve on my seating after some Upper people bailed and went PSL. So I left him a message to please call me back and, of course, he never did, becasue he knew what the call was about and it wouldn't help him sell his cockamamie PSLs.

Now he expects me to "call him if I can help you with any Jets question or concern you may have?" What exactly does that mean? Yeah, I have a fucking question for you, why aren't the "seniority" people given better seating as some of the others in front of them are moving to the PSL seats?

Fuck this guy. I'm going to call him now and if I don't get him (they've got handlers now that want to direct the call), I'll be as evasive as they've been. Then whe he calls I'm going to hit him with my "question or concern." Fucking asshole.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

TS-PSL-FTPs: Time Share Personal Seat Licenses at Full Time Price

Wow, a place to call home half the time, sign me up!

8. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, I just called and as expected, got his voice mail telling me he will be in meetings most of the day, but that I can talk to any of the other representatives.

No dude, I want to talk to your ass. So I left a message which was nice and fucking vague, just like all their excuses, lies and bullshit has been all along, telling him to give me a call.

He'll call now, thinking he may have a possible switch to one of his rapidly deflating and depreciating, far-from-the-rails but at the same prices, PSLs. When he calls I'm going to hit him with, "Hey, I understand some guys are moving out of the Uppers and into some of those really sweet PSLs sale prices you guys are currently offering!"

What's he going to say, "No?" Of course not, he'll undoubtedly say, "Yes," to which I'll say, "Good, then please move me closer to the 50 and closer to the rail, since those Uppers are vacant now and that's the least you can do for a 25-year seniority Jets fan."

I already know what the answer will be, but I'm really in the mood today to bust his balls. Son of a bitch.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaaa..... yeah. Like that's going to do it for me. Here's my credit card! Please take my deposit to lock it up dude. LOL

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Gordon, you are very smart. Why not 1/2 share PSL's. Like the 1/2 season ticket packages. I could see committing to five games a year to a set of good lower endzone seats or a club corner for 5K, even better nothing down and 5K payable over 15 years. Wouldn't have to worry about selling tickets or getting stuck. I could always just go to games. Committing to ten would be tough, even better, make it any five games in the section and then make the two best games "red" tickets, that count as two games.

11. Section 227. Row 5

There's only one small elephant in the ointment with this idea... there are no "good lower endzone seats or club corners" left. All the good ones have gone to people at the end of the seniority list who still wanted in and couldn't get an Upper seat, so they opted for the best seats they could get at either end of the stadium and already reluctantly plunked down their 5K.

Now all that's left in those sections are over-priced, high-row EZs and Corners. You can't make a chocolate eclair out of a dog turd even at half price. High-row EZs and Corners are still dog shit, I con't care how many times you want to slice it up.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

get em 227!!!!

in case i havent mentioned it i really hate field turf, while better than astro turf the game really needs to be played on grass. its almost a shame that every single stadium in the world is getting this field turf.

it actually looks fake.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Might as well play on green carpeting laid over concrete. Oh yeah, that's smart.

14. GordonGecko

It's basically blades of plastic with small rubber marbles in between. Very hard to change paint schemes, and gets extremely hot in the sun. For open air they should have put the effort in to maintain real grass

15. Section 227. Row 5

You could have easily had natural grass in this new stadium because there is no provision for a roof. And no other sports will be played here. If the Giants wanted a true, northeast, "natural" football experience, that would have been the way to go.

But no. We're real men. We want the cold weather "home field advantage." So, fuck the fans and our players too. Let them break their legs with compound fractures, who gives a shit? We've got real, live, PSL-paid-for, cocktail lounge-type football going on here.

16. alleycat9

i have seen it many many times and have heard people love it in comparison to the old turf. i never got a chance to play on it though. i also didnt realize it gets hot like that. or is it not worse than regular astro turf. i know that got hotter than grass.

i agree there should be natural grass but they dont want to deal with the fact that bruce springsteen wants to play a show friday saturday sunday one weekend in august and then they want to be able to have any kind of event they could ever imagine so they can make more money.... and they dont have to pay that much in maintenance costs.

i hate it more and more every day!

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

look how small the guys on the opposite sidelines are. and this is the last row of the mezz.

i cant wait for the first WOODY SUCKS from the uppers during our home opener

18. alleycat9

those are people? i thought they were mice :)

19. GordonGecko

In terms of how it plays, that's absolutely true. You can't lock your cleats in and rip up your legs like you can with astro turf. Athletes love it because it plays like grass. The main issue is that it doesn't look so great and it gets as hot as asphalt in the sun