17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BTW Can anyone confirm if they sold out Upper Deck? My Rep was saying by end of this week they will be gone.

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I bought a 5k PSL but only had to electronically sign the agreement and give them the deposit. I am not sure if this finance would show up on a credit report since they did not ask for a SS#. It may be that if you don't pay the PSL installment then you lose everything you paid up to that point and they resell it and that seasons tickets.

You are out of your intitial deposit and any subsequent yearly installments (btw 2 are due in 2010 one in May and then in Nov from there on out). They didn't run a credit check or process an application.

Maybe not, don't really know what would happen if you just did not pay.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah i dont think they care if you dont pay. they arent losing anything if you dont. they will simply take em and the money they have already made, FOR NOTHING and resell NOTHING to someone else.

its amazing that they can sell this shit. i am still very surprised that people are willing to spend money on this type of thing.

4. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

So now you see, smartass.

So you are NOT in the 3rd row like you thought.

What do you have to say now?

5. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

A ticket brokers dream come true? The best seats in the house and you have them and paid $25.

6. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

What's with the weather for sunday? Rain and wind again? Just like the Tennessee game.

The Giants never have bad weather.

This reminds me of 1995 or 1996, the Kotite years, when they actually stopped the game when a black cloud came over the meadowlands and lightning struck. Anyone remember that game? BTW--great irony that day, a 1-15 team, a huge black cloud, lightning stiking, and the 1st nfl stoppage during a game.

I hope this game against Buffalo does not end up like last years game against Denver in the same bad weather, where the jets were a big favorite and lost.

This year has to be different, right?

#3706 backtoshea, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

I was at that game and grabbed some of that sod. It was crazy watching them tear out those seats -will never forget how frenzied everyone was tearing that place apart. Also bought the $5k psl's in the end zone - after all these years cant stop going and moving from 4th roe behind Jets bench to middle of the UD was just too much for me.

8. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

You have a great memory - that was 96 - Kotites last year! The Colts beat us that day - brutal day watching our new savior Neil O'Donnell - I was sopping wet and remember being miserable and mumbling to myself on the way to the care about starting the season at 0-2. Little did I know we were on our way to 1-15!!

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

next time someone talks to ticket office, can you confirm if UD is sold out?

Go Jets, Will be leaving soon!!!! Brother gets to freeze his butt off with me!!!

I am three feet from Bills Bench!!

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

HOOK LINE SINKER

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I gotta give the jets credit, their 17 man psl/relocation team was working 6 days a week and had a target of contacting every single ticket holder by October 17th. As if they knew the Jets being 3-0 would not last and strike while iron was hot.

Well not here we are October 19th and Jets have lost three in a row and all they have left to call is wait list people who turned down seats in 2009 and former disgruntled season ticket holders.

25,000 PSLs to sell!!! Hey Jets, read your own fine print the $500 deposit per seat for Upper Deck Tickets are fully refundable. People who bought last five rows of end zone may change their mind and ask for their money back if you keep losing.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So if the Jets keep losing people will back out? I would hope Season Ticket holders are this for the long haul, especially with out rookie QB.

I thought most of the PSL's were gone, just most of the club seating is left??

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Lets C I have been waiting since 01/13/69 & have so far not gotten any return on my money. If people decide to back out just maybe that is the reason. How long do you think is acceptable until you think it is OK for people to get disinterested in the team when in sports the only thing that matters is WINNING & to my recollection the NYJ have won NOTHING since 01/12/69?

14. MadBacker Prime

That's up to the person.

But I'm a Jet fan, win or lose. 1-15, or 16-0, I will be a Jet fan.

I will continue going to games because I'm a Jet fan. The Red Sox didn't win for 86 years, but they still loved their team.

So you wait and you wait? From what it sounds like your going to jump ship then???

I'm not really sure what your getting at, but if you're a fan then you're a fan.
    I know I'm not going anywhere and there is no timeline on that.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Most of 4K and 5K psls are gone. As of late last week Rep offered me as low as row 6 sideline, that is the 15K PSL with 140 ticket price. Basically from 10 back is unsold in entire sideline area. That plus Coaches club and sideline mezz. Other than 4k and 5k PSLs the UD and maybe some 7.5K tickets there are anywhere from 20k-25K unsold.

I was at game sunday, guy next to me has seats since 1968. Could not afford PSL and is up in air if he should keep UD seats for very long. I am like that too. A PSL seat I can't sell in secondary at face, can't transfer is not a great deal. I can just go to my 2-4 games by buying tickets at slightly above face on-line which is cheaper than buying all ten games plus a parking pass.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

People who go to games win or lose is a rare thing. Fans are becoming more like Islander fans, when they win a stanley cup people will be there otherwise place is empty. I am a loyal fan, but rising ticket prices and parking has made it an event that I want to see value for my money. When football tickets cost more than a broadway show you have to win. I saw a brewers game not long ago in Milwaukee and with dirt cheap tickets and beer I could care who won. When you start charging "Yankee Prices" people expect winners. Woody Johnson raised the bar in line with the Giants and Yankees. Ok if you win. But if not you end up like Mets fans. Yea the Mets were lovable losers at $5 bucks a ticket, but at $105 a ticket losing is not lovable.

17. MadBacker Prime

I totally get it. I don't mind if people who can't afford the tickets don't go, obviously paying for Jet tickets shouldn't be above eating or putting your children through college.

If you have the money and have been going are just starting to and stop going because they aren't winning.

Does not make sense to me, makes you sound like a fairweather fan.

Obviously we would all love to see the Jets win every home game, but that isn't going to happen.

Either you are a fan or your not. If you don't have the money I get it, but if you do and choose not to go to the games during tough times and then when they are winning you complain that you can't get better seats just seems like BS to me.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am a fair-weather fan - but only in regards to going in person. I spent with tickets, beer, commute and food over $300 yesterday. Next year I will also be paying that for terrible seats. For that price I want to see the Jets at least lose a good game. The Jets playing bad against bad teams ain't going to fly with people paying $700 a seat in the new stadium.

I can well afford the tickets, but when I can take the whole family to a broadway show for the price of a jets game or take the whole family to a luxery resort in the Virgin Islands for the price of season tickets I expect the Jets to at least give it there all. Yesterday 5 intererceptions and losing to the back-up QB of one of the worst teams in Football is sad.

Next year I have season tickets but already people have said to me I don't know if I want to sit in the nosebleeds with you. Mind you I have a pair and I take family and friends with me and I treat. Imagine if I can't get people to go to games with me for free. My brother in law lived through it when people wore paper bags on their heads for Jets games it was not pretty.

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Get used to it i sit in the noosebleeds now and i have to go thru a list of people to find someone to just go with me ON MY TREAT!!!

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think a lot of people's issue is how we are treated as fans. The cheapest ticket in the new stadium will be $95. To get an upper deck World Series ticket costs $105. Let's be honest we'd all say we would rather go to a world series game then a 4-12 football team.

The Jets have alienated a large portion of their fan base and as a result they have become the New Jersey Nets of the NFL