17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

Well my credit card gives me 3% cashback so $1500 gives me $45 back

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL, good point!!

They better show me maintenance records of my 2 seats.
    I should get a meet and greet with my Giant counterpart, to make sure he won't hurt my property, lol.

3. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree in the aspect that all owners are to blame.

The NFL is one huge super corporation and they're raking in boatloads of cash. Woody and the Mara/Tisch's are not the first to come up with this PSL concept , they're just following what owners have done before them. Even if they wanted to do right by the fanbase and forgo PSL's they would have gotten pressure from their peers to do so. It would impact the next owner who builds a new "palace" for his team.

Do I believe that the Giants drove up prices for the Jets - not really . Remember this is the NY metropolitan market the financial capital of the world. The market was set in precedent by past owners and their PSL's and what the precieved NY market would bear. Is it bad timing due to the recent financial crash/crisis - absolutely - but there was no way the PSL's were going to be cheaper in this market. I don't like it but I accept it for what it is.
    At least Woody gave an option of PSL free seating - something the Giants did not. In addition Giant fans we're assigned seating locations - they didn't get to choose cheaper locations.

I know Woody comes off as the bad guy here , but blame really needs to extend to all NFL owner's and the NFL marketing machine.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

what card gives you 3% back???

5. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

A friend of mine has purchased Giants psl, and the giants are not cancelling anyones psl who did not make the second payment on August 1.. The Giants started the psl process before the bottom fell out .

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There's a lot to be said for this argument. But I've said from the beginning, and I mean, going back 3-4 years now, all the way back to the WSS proposal and the possible Queens proposal, that Woody never stood up to the Giants. When the WSS collapsed under it's own weight and that of the Democratic Party in NYC, he had no choice but to come back to NJ and talk to the NY Giants with his hand on his balls.

Fine, but they were in a pickel too. Sure, they threatened to build their "own" stadium, but we all know that was bluster and probably as impossible to build as our "own" stadium was on the West Side of NYC because of union pricing of labor and escalating costs.

My point is, he should have confronted them more. He should have stuck up for his NY Jets. He should have spent more time challenging the Giants, either privately or even publicly, if that would have worked. Anything. He should have done more, dammit. But he didn't. His other bullshit was more important and besides, you can always gouge the public like the Giants do. Leon Hess would have stood up for his fans, I guarantee it.

Instead, here we are now. Take it or leave it. Unfortunately for the franchise, people are pissed off enough to say, "You know what, I'll watch it at home."

#3206 Section 227. Row 5, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  7. jetmike

jetmike New Member

I am moving to Sec 342 upper prime and I am not happy to have given up my sec 228 seats but there is no way that I would spend $400/game for a tix. I don't know who is going to buy the club seats. If they had dropped the prices to $200/game it would be something to think about. I put the tix in my daughter's name so my family should have tix for the next 50 years or so. I will long gone but my grandboys will have a chance to experience being Jet fans!
    By the way who designed this stadium so there are really very few seats that are covered? Jet mike Sec 228/342p

8. jetmike

jetmike New Member

Error I am moving to 334 upper prime.

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

Amex costco card

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

This is off topic but in the current stadium does anyone know if row 32 is covered? Going to Bruce Sat night and want to know if I need a poncho or not.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i didnt actually give anyone anything. i think its funny that someone put it on a cc just so the jets have to pay fees.

i would not have given my cc company shit anyway, i would have simply paid it off by the end of the month and would have incurred no finance charges.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes. It's doubtful, if not downright impossible, that any revenue generated from interest charges from CCs would actually go toward "player signing and lower prices." Come on now, that's too much of a stretch. Ridiculous.

Paying off your CC bill when it arrives is just smart business sense.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

row 32 is covered--enjoy

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

I pay my CC bill on time every month and my dad and sister each have a ticket so I have my $500 and their $500 each ready to go when I get my bill in another week from now. Like I said I don't believe in financing or finance charges except to buy a house or car (things we actually need in life)

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

Thanks for the info :up:

16. GordonGecko

Yeah I know, that's not how it works. You're not the one giving the credit card company anything, it's the Jets that have to give about 2.5% to the CC company

Ridiculous? Ridiculous is thinking that the money magically disappears like the tooth fairy and purple unicorns. If the Jets sell 20,000 PSLs at an average of $5,000 each, that's 100 million dollars. 2.5% of $100 mil is $2.5 million dollars. That's not chump change, it adds up. But yeah, keep looking for the unicorns

17. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

As i get closer and closer to my phone call. Tomorrow at the earliest Friday morning for sure from what i was told. Im trying to get down on paper as many questions i can think of to ask.. Maybe some of you have already asked these questions.

1- Will there be any parking available for NON-PSL STH??

2- Are there obstructed views in the MEZZ Level?? Im hearing that there may be. Might be BS.

Right now i would like to get 3 seats anywhere in the Upper Level. But as of late ive been really looking at the Mezz Seats and the Lower End Zone Seats. Only proplem is i can only afford to purchase 2 seats in either of those sections.

Someone CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT One PRO i see to getting upper level seats is i can always upgrade in the upper level. For example if I'm sitting in section 326 OVER TIME AS people give up there season tickets i can move closer to the 50yd line. AS OPPOSE to buying a PSL where if i get tickets in section 226 IM STUCK IN 226. Does that make sense to anyone?

In the current stadium i used to sit in section 323 now im in 325. Not a big upgrade but in 2 yrs i moved over 2 sections. I doubt it will move that quick in the new stadium but over time i can see myself getting closer to the 50.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Greed is good.

19. GordonGecko

Hey that's a great question. Just guessing, I would think that you could only move to a seat in the same PSL zone that hasn't been licensed yet or in a seat where someone defaults. But if that defaulted seat is a better location than yours, I can see the team screwing you so they can have a better chance selling the better seat

20. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

ahh man DECISIONS DECISIONS!!!!!!! If i do choose to purchase a PSL im stuck Between Lower End Zones AND Mezzanine End Zone. Theres not much difference in price when its priced out over 5 and 15 yrs. I believe over 15yrs its an extra $173 a year (ticket price included)

Quick guys i need advice if i choose PSL's LOWER END ZONE OR MEZZANINE END ZONE!!! MY CALL IS COMING SOON!!!