17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

I just bought a condo so even if I wanted a PSL it's out of the question. I could do the $375 a year charge but I don't like the idea of financing a PSL. I only believe in doing that for houses and cars. If I don't like the uppers I'm done in a year but most of my friends in section 337 will be in section 346 and some people from here will be in that area so I think it will be a loud area that makes some noise which I care about more than being row1.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It is utter nonsense to think when people back out on PSL free seats they will call people with higher senority first.

First of all you were allowed to buy as many seats as you want. So if I had two seats and I wanted four seats I just bought four seats. Now six months later Jets call me and say would you like two more why would I want them. Plus they would be no-where near my current seats. Also since most people who already bought seats would not want them why would the Jets waste their time calling them. Then there is also the concept of "concentration risk" It is better to sell 40,000 pairs of seats to 40,000 people than huge blocks of seats to a smaller % of people. Finally and most importantly in the Jets eyes PSL Free people are deadbeats. If they were going to offer good PSL free seats to anyone at a later date it would be to people who have skin in the game who actually bought a PSL or even a new person they think they can later convince to buy a PSL.

I most likely will end up with egg in my face and will be sitting up with you in my BIL seats ducking everytime a plane goes by, but god dammit I am putting my best poker face on and if I got a 1% chance at better seats I am going for it.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Good point.

4. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

i noticed someone mentioned that you have to pay for your deposit w/ a CC.. that's horseshit, i paid w/ a check and had seven days to get it postmarked..

5. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Anyone get their call today? If so what were you offered.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Of course, CC's cost them about 2.5%. If you consider that it takes 1 week to get the check, that's an annualized return of about 130% not including compounding

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Horseshit it is then!

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Any other resident season ticket holders get their 'survey' via email about their 'game day experience' vs. the Titans? Hehe, I filled it out just to rip Woody Johnson a new one in the 'comments' section I just knew would be there. And so I did. :)

9. GordonGecko

They sent me one for two weeks in a row now. What do they expect to find out, yeah watching the game in the rain sucks more than when it's bright sunshine?

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

I never got one of those surverys. I had the option to pay by check I chose CC to make them pay the fees.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe i LOVE the fact you did it by cc to make them pay the fees. that made me smile!

12. GordonGecko

Misplaced vengence. You're happy you gave a credit card financial institution more money instead of your favorite team that could go towards player signing, lower prices, or whatever. It's not like woody johnson is going to be swimming in money any time soon that new stadium cost a fortune

13. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Ok , I've been one of the minority here that hasn't attacked Woody and blamed him for everything . In fact I'm stoked he's giving us a state of the art stadium - am I happy with PSL's no , but I know that's the price you need to pay in today's NFL corporate greed.

Now , do I beileve that Woody is worried about whether he gets his money up front or via financing - absolutely not. Where does the majority of the money come from for a team ? TV contracts and merchandising. While ticket revenue seems like a big pot of money to us common folk, to football owners its a small slice of their profit margin.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I heard that Owners that own their concessions make the most money there. Like the Yanks, they pay about .10 cents for $8.00 beer.

Are the Jets and Giants doing the same thing??

15. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I don't think they own them today - they contract with Aramark. But I've heard starting 2010 they'll have a new vendor - so perhaps they are looking to go that route.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I love Woody, anyone whose first name and last name are both nick names for his penius has to be cool.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

lol

His real name is Robert Wood Johnson

Wood?? WTF is up with that?

Too bad his first name isn't dick, it would be fitting too.

18. GordonGecko

The Yankees own theirs. They actually kicked out Aramark and launched a new concessions company with the Dallas Cowboys as a 50-50 partner. So the Cowboys and the Yankees take all the margin (if there is any)

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually it is woody johnson of johnson and johnson. That is a lot of dicks.

Woody one question for you as of 9-30-09, end of 3rd Q how many PSLs have you sold. Since PSL holders are now part owners are you going to publish financials on a quarterly basis?

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Let's blame The Mara and Tisch boys too. How much less did you expect Woody to ream us than how Giants fans are getting it from their ownership?

As I've said before, rather than Jets and Giants fans benefitting from all the "shared" costs, we Jets fans are in worse shape because of the greed that is created by the Giants higher demand and longer waiting lists for season tickets, has created an unrealistic market on our side. Did you expect the Giants ticket to cost $700 with a 10K PSL and the same Jets ticket to be $200 with a $2500 PSL?

I am as unhappy about it as all of you are, and am going from covered lowers to upper atmosphere next year, BUT I blame the Giants as much as I blame Woody if not more so. They seemed to set the prices here. Perhaps Woody could have had more balls and based his pricing solely on his fans demand and supply, but he didn't. He took a shot at it, and he will suffer the ridicule once the Giants sideline lowers are 80% filled, and ours are 35%. Can you blame him? They seemingly offer the same product in the same market with similar expenses. True, we all know the differences between both franchises, but really that is what is costing us. We are paying for the Giants success in some ways.