17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

a guy i know posted this last night....

On enemy ground.. My kids first road NFL game.. and the cheapest Patriots game ($50/seat) I’ve been to in decades...

CBG likes this.
  2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

just noticed page 1000, first thread ever? lol

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good Morning Jet Ticket Reps,
    How are those ticket sales and PSL's going ? bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha up yours !

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bring back Gase and droves of ticket holders leave. Get rid of Gase and tear the coaching staff down after one fucking year, and its a total embarrassment ,and droves of ticket holders leave. Either way, business ain't booming but do you think they really give a shit? They hide the real attendance,dump thousand of tickets on stubhub for fans of the visiting team, and make money without one person buying tickets. And the the kicker, Mr Douche Bag himself will coming back on his white horse from Great Britain to save the day. Yeah, the Woodster is gonna save us from his brother. F the JETS!!!

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Friend of mine has section 133 row 11. I went with him for the Browns and Pats MNF disasters. Whenever I go to a game with him, it's not just bad enough that many opposing fans are on that side of the stadium since it's the visitor's bench side, BUT by the 4th Q in these blowouts it becomes mobbed with the other teams' fans. What a freaking nightmare. I've been surrounded by Broncos, Packers, Vikings, and Browns fans. Stupid me didn't go to the Cowboy game. I'm sure as hell not going to the Steeler game.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

:p:p:p Just seeing this. What the hell does that quote mean anyway? LOL Original quote?

7. LogeSection2RowJ

I swear, that funhouse Twitter page will be what brings down Francesa. It's hysterical.

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hey New York Jet ticket reps and sales office = how are those sales going today ? The team is currently 1 - 6 and the season is in the toilet so how's that for a game day experience ?

9. GordonGecko

worse than that many are losing faith in Darnold and with that goes all hope for the future and any sort of long term investment in this team. I think the Jets are finally actually losing fans, not just people who show up at games but people who watch on TV and follow them

#20009 GordonGecko, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko you / we can not make this stuff up.The Jets really had a chance all they had to do was Fire Mac with Bowels then let Joe D or who ever spend the money on Free Agency and do HIS draft and they just had to HIRE a big name coach ( a blank check was required but I know that might not have been enough but it would have been a damn good start ) instead they let Mac do the draft and they tried to somehow sell the fan base on a loser like Adam Gase and now it is almost impossible for them to get a redo. The Johnsons will have to pull a rabbit and a horseshoe out of their ass to make this work out , I just dont see that happening. YES I TOTALLY AGREE with you Gecko the fanbase who once believed in Darnold no longer does

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they hired the wrong guy... gave him too much power and he created an excuse for himself for this year. his sociopathic self convinced the jets that the gm was dog shit after the draft and got him fired. so now everything and anything that happens this year is going to be the ex gms fault. it will take the dumbass jets 3 or maybe even 4 years to figure out the idiot they hired is just that an idiot and a sociopath who will do whatever he has to do to get what he wants. and then blame everyone else when it goes down the toilet. fuck this franchise. i have gone the way of apathy. if they are on and i am home i will watch, if have anything else to do i dont care anymore.... and that says alot.

CBG likes this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone that has given up on Darnold at this point is a fool. Now I was wrong about Gase,and this team has the talent of a USFL team,but 3 years from now, when Sam signs with a real NFL team, he's gonna win multiple Super Bowls if he's not in a wheel chair. So no, he's gonna be fine, just not with us. Run Sam run... after Jamal does 2 years from now. And going forward, if you are a season ticket holder, and you plan on signing that check next April, shut your god dam mouth about the Jets. Because your the reason the Johnson's do what they do. Its time to put up or shut up.

LogeSection2RowJ and CBG like this.
  13. GordonGecko

For sure, nobody should have given up on Darnold already. BUT, you can't help but lean in the direction that he's being Mark Sanchez'd right now

14. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Most of the offensive line looks like division 3 out there. No idea who to block. The coaching staff is beyond bad. Darold is picking up bad habits quickly. fire the coach and gm.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I worry he winds up like Ken O'Brein who's the most talented QB we've had since Joe Willie but because of our Offensive Line and was sacked 50, 42 and 62 times in a 3 year period. No doubt in my mind he was good enough to win Super Bowls if he didn't become gun shy. He would of been a notch below Marino if he had a great line.

http://www.nfl.com/player/keno'brien/2502323/careerstats

16. LogeSection2RowJ

Won't happen. You've forgotten about........ HAPPY FEET :D

17. LogeSection2RowJ

Hey gang - Now that our team looks like, and plays like the '90's Jets, I was reminiscing about all of the games I went to at Giants Stadium in my section 122 row 37 seats tucked away nicely under the overhang. I had SIX seats on my account, and didn't sweat it much when sometimes there were four or five of us there. In fact, I recall during the very horrible Kotite years, if I had extra tickets, that afforded the opportunity to run back out to the car at halftime to smuggle in MORE Bud cans because I could use the remaining ticket as a second admission. Plus, at halftime the security guys were pretty relaxed about looking for contraband. They probably had "Ramp detail" In those days our tailgate was a hibachi grill placed on the ground, and hotdogs. But the best part was that the parking arrangements didn't give us a second thought. No pre pay. Not concerned about the cost. Not concerned about availability.

My question is, what were the parking costs back then? Anyone recall? $20?

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Happy feet was because of getting killed. 62 Sacks in one year made him what he was..... in my opinion

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I thought it was $25 in the main lot in Giants Stadium but I barely have any memory

20. LogeSection2RowJ

My brother and I used to say that O'Brien "would look around to see if anyone was open, and if not, would fall into the arms of the defender he felt was the least likely to hurt him". He held on to the ball too long and could not scramble away from anything. That said, he was a terrific passer and provided some epic moments. "Happy feet" was his nervous shuffling he did with his feet when he couldn't find a receiver. History proved he was a good QB but by today's over analyzed standards, the fans would have CRUCIFIED the Jets for picking him that high. At least Daniel Jones was projected as a late first/ probably second round choice. O'Brien was an unknown. Then again Phil Simms was an unknown. Those were different times for sure.

Odd, that i really do not recall what the demise of Ken O'Brien was. Shoulder injury? I really don't recall his final Jets moments.