15th Pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KingRoach, Apr 10, 2023.

?

If the top OTs are gone and no one wants to trade up?

1. Harrison (or your 4th rated OT)

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Kancey/Breece

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Mazi Smith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bijan

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. JMS

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. Brian Branch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

While I think the odds are slim, don't count out Douglas trying to trade up if there's a guy he feels he really needs and doesn't think he'll last until #15.

One real wild card move would be him trading up for A. Richardson if he sees him falling down into the #10 range. That's unlikely, but possible. If Douglas could put together a package of Zach Wilson, the #15, and another asset to enable him to grab Richardson I think he might do it.

Of course this isn't very likely, but it's conceivable.

Slightly more likely is that he sees the OL guys he wants flying off the board and decides he has to move up to get one.

The reason I say he might trade up in these two cases is because he knows how much poor QB and OL play has crippled the Jets since he's been here. Yes, he's hopefully solved the QB problem with Rodgers, but if Rodgers gets hurt he's back in the shit again, and he also needs to plan for AR's eventual replacement. If he really does believe ZW can be that guy then he won't consider the first scenario above, but if he has doubts, he might well. And of course, he HAS to fix the OL THIS YEAR, no excuses...he cannot afford to "settle" for somebody who might improve the OL, he has to get somebody who will improve it from Day 1.

I don't think Douglas ascribes to the "rule book" on drafting. He's going to do what he thinks will work out best, whether it's trading up back, or standing pat, which is why I say don't rule out a trade up.

JETFUEL1580 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If the chips are not falling for the premier OL I would have no problem with Douglas trading up ....and it does not appear that any candidates have M Becton strikes against them

JD just must make the smartest choice and go for it.

Getting Rogers hurt because no one can protect him would be just stupid smh

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

4. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I know your a Zach guy, who would take him at this point? Unless a team is so desperate for that 15th pick would the really take on Wilson? Darnold at least had slightly better tape overall. Praying for Rodgers to stay relatively healthy for two seasons at which I hope will be the case, and Zach can properly learn from Aaron. I know you said it "isn't very likely". The thought of Richardson is a nightmare move when we are trying to win in at worst two seasons maybe three seasons and the Zach conversation changes. I hope we don't draft Richardson.

#24 JETFUEL1580, Apr 27, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    stinkyB likes this.
  5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I think they need a day 1 play maker on either side of the ball with the #15 pick. the tackle need is so over rated just cause everyone sees it mocked. They have Brown, Mitchael, Becton, and in worst case AVT. thats 4 options at tackle for two spots. If your saying if AVT plays T who plays G. You pick a C/G in round 2 with the flexibility of Mcgovern.

They should go either a pass rushing dt 1A. Kancy 1b. TE michael mayer (yes, the jets have guys, they dont have A GUY like him OR B. WR JSN if he falls.

this is going to be f YOU DRAFT FOR ONCE

KingRoach likes this.
  6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

If they don't go offensive line, I am going to go completely batshit.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Schrager's mock has the nightmare scenario: Top three OTs and JSN off the board.
    https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schr...2-0-titans-trade-up-for-c-j-stroud-vikings-gi

In this case, yeah I'd want a trade down. But if not possible, maybe Darnell Wright, but don't like his lack of versatility.

Here's another name albeit unlikely: Zay Flowers. I have a BC bias but did get to see him play live and this guy really stood out. A lot. So much speed and an easy separator. I think he's going to be a great pro and I'd be excited to have him in the slot. What a group this would be. I hope he doesn't go to the Pats...

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Given the assets given away for AR, I really don't see a trade up.... nor selecting the other AR

9. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

If all 4 OTs are gone by 15 how big of a failure will that be on Joe Douglas' part? Especially if the last one(s) are taken at 13 and/or 14.

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If Carter drops to 9 do you trade up to get him?

I think a 2024 2nd and a 2023 2nd round pick swap gets it done.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

0% failure

12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

What about Michael Mayer as a potential pick if all the top OT's are gone? Great blocker who plays every down. Mismatch nightmare especially with Rodgers throwing him the ball. Wouldn't mind that at all.

13. KingRoach

Reportedly the FO doesn’t see a 1st rd OT as a big of a need as the fan base does.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Shades of Mike Maccagnan!:eek:

15. KingRoach

Ahem